Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike Send a message via Skype™ to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You do realize that "PC users" can play the iPhone server through Facebook right? That argument means nothing.
Yes, and they're prevented from participating in spar competitions.
So that argument must obviously mean something, or else they wouldn't be prevented from participating in spar competitions.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I don't think era players would like era being removed and era iphone taking over. We've been hasling stefan to let us build a trade system for era iphone but he seems very stubborn on subject. Also with iphone content it's mostly designed to exclude the keyboard. So I don't know what pc era players think of that.... I think it'd be cool if players were allowed on the iphone server but the pc version still be kept up.

Also imo iUsers have the edge on pc players in sparring. The controls are alot tighter and with some practice allow for quicker evasion.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to papajchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Wasn't arguing against you, just trying to teach you how to use sources. So congrats an A+.

Alf for life!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:03 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Wasn't arguing against you, just trying to teach you how to use sources. So congrats an A+.

Alf for life!
I figured everyone knew about it now, I remember posting about it in a few threads in this section of the forums.I think
Old 02-02-2012, 03:43 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
We've been hasling stefan to let us build a trade system for era iphone but he seems very stubborn on subject.
He's against it because it would allow players to transfer wealth and lower the amount of gralats (by extension their profits) players would purchase.

It would also introduce another element for staff to handle. i.e: Trade Scams, Lending Disputes, Allow Exchange of Illegal (Duped Items, Unauthorized Staff Items) goods.

They have a business model (selling in-game currency) that's working right now and they don't want you guys to **** it up with a trade system.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 AM
The Muffin Man
Fair enough... only valid point is unixmad losing money other then that, drop trading scams and lending disputes happen all the time...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
They have a business model (selling in-game currency) that's working right now and they don't want you guys to **** it up with a trade system.

On-Topic though.
This subject has been talked about to death, Unless you are to work for them to make this happen, it simply shall not until something of significance comes into view for them, while it may be important to us, it won't be important to them until something new develops.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:14 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006 Send a message via Skype™ to Andre2006
This tiger needs to brush his teeth, I think he's been chugging the coffee one too many times!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM
The Muffin Man
@ the anonymous neg repper who broke my wonderful streak of clean rep(you made me cry )

What other points are valid o_0 also I introduced the idea of just trading dropable items, this would only eliminate scamming and introduce no bad things unless the trade system has holes in it which allow for duping. But yeh...
Old 02-05-2012, 10:56 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2006 View Post
This tiger needs to brush his teeth, I think he's been chugging the coffee one too many times!
It's too late for him to reverse the stains with brushing, he's going to require a bleaching or laser treatment to whiten the teeth even then that will only be temporarily and dependent on his brushing regime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
What other points are valid o_0 also I introduced the idea of just trading dropable items, this would only eliminate scamming and introduce no bad things unless the trade system has holes in it which allow for duping. But yeh...
I was unaware of the dropping system, if they allow a trade system players are going to expect to be able to trade everything.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Yes, and they're prevented from participating in spar competitions.
So that argument must obviously mean something, or else they wouldn't be prevented from participating in spar competitions.
Competitions yes, but we can still spar normally and take part in tower events.

If it was setup so you could access the iServers through the normal client it would be no different.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike Send a message via Skype™ to ffcmike
Quote:
Competitions yes, but we can still spar normally and take part in tower events.

If it was setup so you could access the iServers through the normal client it would be no different.
I wouldn't be so sure, Stefan has said in the past (within RC when discussing the feasability of PC servers being accessed via Facebook App) that he believes Facebook is actually slower than through an iDevice by result of certain technicalities. If this is still true then perhaps they don't feel it's a problem with the Facebook app for that very reason.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure, Stefan has said in the past (within RC when discussing the feasability of PC servers being accessed via Facebook App) that he believes Facebook is actually slower than through an iDevice by result of certain technicalities. If this is still true then perhaps they don't feel it's a problem with the Facebook app for that very reason.
in english plz

edit- i dont move slower while sparring so no. the excuse is that keyboards give players an advantage, which is why we must spar in our own tourney.

Last edited by Crono; 02-06-2012 at 02:07 AM..
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Banned
Quote:
in english plz
I would not trow thy beseech, yore hath Stefan spoke (midst RC, whilst pondering wilt PC proby cometh access thither Facebook App henceforth) that he trows Facebook dost pudh than iDevice whither dearth capacity. If this tether tarry, canst they dost not trow it is a lendenece whither the Facebook app for that very bequeath.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:26 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I would not trow thy beseech, yore hath Stefan spoke (midst RC, whilst pondering wilt PC proby cometh access thither Facebook App henceforth) that he trows Facebook dost pudh than iDevice whither dearth capacity. If this tether tarry, canst they dost not trow it is a lendenece whither the Facebook app for that very bequeath.
Crono did say english. He didn't say old english or new lmao.. I started reading this and totally thought U were speakign gibberish untill half way thru and realised it really was english XD