Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike Send a message via Skype™ to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKVILLIN View Post
Delteria is currently in the works to be an iphone server so we have been testing both aspects of Iphone and PC and its just a smaller screen.
Wait until there's hundreds/thousands of players within a level or region of the map, and then compare the difference.
Even with all the optimisations within the iPhone client and with native systems, there are still lag problems which wouldn't be so excessive on a computer.

Quote:
If you build the server properly you can phase out these "dis-advantages" tapping a sword button on a screen is the same as mashing the A,S or D button on a computer is it not?
What about the sideways straith which can be accomplished by holding multiple arrow keys at once?
It's a very common technique with traditional sword combat, but can't be accomplished easily with a handheld device.

Quote:
-If you form the systems where the computer players can't switch weapons or do things faster than iphone players then youre not really cheating anyone.
Or why not encourage PC servers to add lots of neat features which can't be accomplished with an iPhone, and market it as an alternative improved version of the game?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
What about the sideways straith which can be accomplished by holding multiple arrow keys at once?
It's a very common technique with traditional sword combat, but can't be accomplished easily with a handheld device.
I can at least say doing that on Delteria, it's not possible to perfectly strafe at all on the PC as well as the iPhone.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 02-24-2012 at 07:25 AM..
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I think you should allow the PC to access the Iphone servers...Delteria is currently in the works to be an iphone server so we have been testing both aspects of Iphone and PC and its just a smaller screen. If you build the server properly you can phase out these "dis-advantages" tapping a sword button on a screen is the same as mashing the A,S or D button on a computer is it not?
The movement is more of an issue, I think. If PC players could play Era iPhone, iPhone players would be at a severe disadvantage. You just don't have near the level of control you have on a keyboard.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The movement is more of an issue, I think. If PC players could play Era iPhone, iPhone players would be at a severe disadvantage. You just don't have near the level of control you have on a keyboard.
For arguments sake, not saying it's a legit argument, but it does provide a alternative bandaid solution to the problem

If I google "Bluetooth keyboard for iPhone" I can find tiny keyboards for such for 10 to 20 bucks.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CIwBEPMCMAI

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin Send a message via Skype™ to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish
Currently, there's little other purpose than working/owning a developer server or the usual upgrade to play Classic Playerworlds.
You don't need Gold to get a developer account, surprisingly enough. They're two different subscriptions that can share the same account name.

So really, the only point to the 'Gold' subscription is getting the little extra item packs on different servers and a number of gelats refilled right now.

As it stands, even the Gold subscription seems to be disappearing in favor of gelat refills through the gelat shop. Personally, I hope things go this way and we start seeing great sales figures in the microtransaction department. It's already worked great for Zodiac, and it could work well for other servers too.

If server developers sell items very well on their server through the gelat shop and the server traffic is fairly high on average, they should receive a reward in the form of time extensions on their developer account.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Banned
DARKVILLIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DARKVILLIN
For Mods reading this...I am not bashing Linux Cyberjoueur, Graal, or either Stefan. I am just voicing opinions maybe to make a brighter future for graal.

Honestly...I know this would never happen, but Graal has lost A LOT of very good developers over the time because there is no incentive or kick back from the game. At first it was having hundreds of people play your server...But now...The PC population is dead. I think Graal would be a much larger success if they opted a kickback % towards developers or servers. Basically lets say you developed a server GOOD enough to be hosted on either PC or Iphone...Iphone has packages that graal players can purchase with USD...Why not set up a % based system...I can promise it would bring a lot of developers to graal. I'm not saying they would have to give them a ton..but think about it even if Cyberjoueur allowed themselves 65% of profits...and 35% back to the developers or the server...it would only make the want to make more and develop more...at least if i knew I had an uncapped commission I'd be busting my tail...
I know its a long shot but yeah..
Old 02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX Send a message via Skype™ to NicoX
Quote:
For Mods reading this...I am not bashing Linux Cyberjoueur, Graal, or either Stefan. I am just voicing opinions maybe to make a brighter future for graal.

Honestly...I know this would never happen, but Graal has lost A LOT of very good developers over the time because there is no incentive or kick back from the game. At first it was having hundreds of people play your server...But now...The PC population is dead. I think Graal would be a much larger success if they opted a kickback % towards developers or servers. Basically lets say you developed a server GOOD enough to be hosted on either PC or Iphone...Iphone has packages that graal players can purchase with USD...Why not set up a % based system...I can promise it would bring a lot of developers to graal. I'm not saying they would have to give them a ton..but think about it even if Cyberjoueur allowed themselves 65% of profits...and 35% back to the developers or the server...it would only make the want to make more and develop more...at least if i knew I had an uncapped commission I'd be busting my tail...
I know its a long shot but yeah..
Completly agreeing. More Developers = More Servers = More Money.
Good Post DV.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Bj÷rn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Mo money mo problems.

The fact is it would be more trouble to pay developers because then they have to hire lawyers to draw up contracts, you would have to get a lawyer and a witness to sign the contract. There are language barriers as well as location barriers for most players. They could be sued or you could it would be a big mess if anything did happen to go wrong with the payments etc.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Mo money mo problems.

The fact is it would be more trouble to pay developers because then they have to hire lawyers to draw up contracts, you would have to get a lawyer and a witness to sign the contract. There are language barriers as well as location barriers for most players. They could be sued or you could it would be a big mess if anything did happen to go wrong with the payments etc.
Uh, no. You make a general purpose license agreement and have the developers agree to it. You don't need a crack squad of lawyers on call 24/7.