FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2013, 03:32 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Era Updates!

Greetings all!

We have certainly been busy with Era lately. I wanted to share some of the updates with y'all that have happened and give you some more ideas about what is to come in the future.

Mansion Quest

I am proud to announce that we have released a new quest tonight to the players. It can be found in the PR building > armory room. You are tasked with saving the mayor and something that is very precious to him from those that captured him and his mansion.

Party up with 3 other players and head in there to get started. There are a few twists and turns that I think you all will enjoy. We spent days testing this with players and staff alike, but with anything there will be some growing pains/bugs with this. If you find any, don't hesitate to PM me or any other staff member and describe what is going on. Special thanks to all of the staff that worked their asses off getting this ready for release (I'd say names, but I don't want to leave anyone out my accident).

Exclusive Mines

A new area has been added to the mines above Era Radio. You need to be level 40 mining to enter, but inside you'll find alot more grinding machines that I'm sure will ease your pain of grinding minerals. It can be quite torturous for those of you who slave away in the mines only to sit around and wait for everything to process. Thanks to Ace for making this possible.

New Gangs / Entrances

With the help of our new GBA and Asst. GBA, JEM and Ghost Pirate (respectively) a new gang has emerged. Shun Wu, an Asian themed gang, is now roaming the streets trying to claim them as their own. Riley8 is the current leader, and anyone interested in joining should contact him.

Also, beware for the Pirate Crew. Group of older players that want to show some of these youngsters how to PK, or be shown how to PK, I haven't decided whose winning that battle yet (<3).

We also received a lot of feedback regarding the lack of entrances to BH. Since we know that is pretty much the only gang base that is used for raiding at the moment (working on a few other things to discourage that), we felt like we should add a few more ways to increase the strategy of taking over the base. You can now go through the grotto, as well as another sewer, to get to BH. I gave you one location, you'll have the find the other! Thanks to Rogue for adding the entrance updates.

RC/EC Conversion

As I stated in my initial post when becoming manager, I wanted to merge these two currencies. You can now go into the EC Shop and grab the NPC that will allow you to convert your Rare Coins to Event Coins. We have added all of the RC items to the EC shop, and have increased the prices on most things due to the conversion (I know some of you stash one or the other). In conjunction with this, in the project queue is a plan to revamp the entire EC shop and release some new items that I think y'all will really enjoy. If you have any suggestions for items feel free to PM me in game or Forum PM me. Another thanks to Rogue for making the conversion possible, as well as re-pricing the items.

Business Balancing

I know a lot of you were concerned with the advantages some food business had over some others, to JEM and Ghost Pirate have begun to manage these and balance them. We have already seen an increase in diversity of items being bought at different businesses, and will continue to tweak this system until we are satisfied.

There are a few more updates, but I felt those were some of the things that needed to be shared. As for a todo list of sorts, I'll give y'all a brief rundown of some of the things in the works:

Gun Balancing

With the help of Benny, Wil Soul, Rogue, and myself, we will begin to balance guns out relative to their price / perceived value. This is not an easy process, and will take some time. However, I am very confident in the team we have put together and we have a couple of solid strategies on how to get this right. Once we have this system in place I think it will help guns retain their actual value, and increase the enjoyment of pking/sparring. Any new guns added after this system (which won't be many for a while) will have to strictly adhere to this system so that they don't get all out of whack again.

Gun "System"

Sage and the GFX Team have been working on converting all of the guns to respective categorical "templates" which will allow us to eventually add gun customizations such as appearance skins and add-ons (attachments). Like balancing, this is a LONG process. We are about 60% done with converting the guns to these templates, and once that is done, we will be able to start working on skins/attachments that you will be able to earn by doing missions for "Gun EXP."

On this same note, all rifles have the ability to be worn on your back now thanks to this new template. Give it a shot!

More Quests

One thing I wanted to do with quests is move away from the traditional "KILL KILL KILL" quest. Currently in the works are a few quests that test your critical thinking and ability to solve riddles/puzzles/mazes. I think this will add some diversity to questing and give those who cannot PK as well an advantage that others have in the PK quests.

Family System

As per request in another thread, one of our scripters is working on a new type of family system. Your family name will display in your profile once you have joined. There will be an initial fee to start a family + 5 slots, and if you want more member slots you will pay an additional fee. Thanks to dabblercody for working on this.

Ok, sorry for the tl;dr, but this post has been a long time coming. If you are a current Era player, I sincerely appreciate you logging on the server everyday and rewarding us with your presence. If you are not yet an Era player, I invite you to come check out some of the exciting things we have going on and get in the game. If you have any questions, issues, comments, feel fee to Forum PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited by Fidel Castro; 05-25-2013 at 03:48 AM..