Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryVeryScaryBerry1 View Post
haha cool, like an escape velocity on graal

although you might consider the limitations of graal before attempting to finish this
The only real limitation he'll have to work around is the fps.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned
foxstar70 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to foxstar70
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
The only real limitation he'll have to work around is the fps.
We see 24 frames a second with our eyes. I think 20fps would do just fine.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxstar70 View Post
We see 24 frames a second with our eyes. I think 20fps would do just fine.
No.

It's actually closer to 60 FPS and some can tell the difference (60Hz vs 120Hz monitors) at even higher FPS as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
No.

It's actually closer to 60 FPS and some can tell the difference (60Hz vs 120Hz monitors) at even higher FPS as well.
That's because even though we "see" only 60~ fps, the brain actually notices a lot more. That's how you can put in subliminal messages in movies that are unseen for the consciousness, but picked up by the brain. I've read about this before, but I could just remember it wrong.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Classic Developer
VeryVeryScaryBerry1 will become famous soon enough
I was referring to the limitations imposed upon graal by it's owners

such as the barbaric and outdated trial restrictions, the way they to take your work and use it on other servers and then charge people for it.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:57 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41

I messed around a bit making some planet Gfx and a scripted star scape. It uses parallax movement tied into your character's movement. Also I rummaged around on the internet and found some free use animated asteroid gfx, and tweaked them to add in some shading.

Also, I designed the planet's graphics in layers so you can have the planet's shadow rotated appropriately away from the system center, most likely a large star.Animated planetary rotation could be possible, but cropping a circular image could be tricky.

It's over on testbed. If you wanna check it out, swoop over and send me a tell. I do not know how to make chat commands for adding my weapons to players, sorry.

A link to an imgur album with a few more: http://imgur.com/a/5kXUb

Zenkou for life
Old 03-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
This looks really interesting, and personally I like the genre choice a lot. Please keep going with this.

Also, glad to hear you're making good use of parallax features. How did you get that effect to work for background images? I've only gotten them to work on a foreground layer.