Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Sometimes things happen, no server is perfect, especially with the limited functionality allowed on graal.
IMO, it's unfortunate that the global staff have not worked harder to put in safeguards and methods of recovering lost data (and from what everyone says, have actually blocked previously existing attempts to do so). This is a failure on their part, not the Era staff
The best course of action would be to blame Alfonso, this is obviously his doing. The breadcrumbs are as big as tacos
but seriously, now you owe me a double exp weekend (next weekend though kk thanks love you)

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:13 AM
BigMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Since my first post a few things changed. Instead of letting every player back on the server but blocking all broken systems we decided too fix as much as possible.
Double XP weekend is possible and you can tell me if you need more compensations. Also we keep on working on our normal developing projects like gunskins.

The huge halloween auction on Saturday (5pm est) will NOT be delayed.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:42 PM
ice_is_nice4 is on a distinguished road
The server will be live again shortly, at which time you will notice a message from the NPC-Server which explains the state of the server and provides information regarding exactly what happened.

See you soon.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:48 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_is_nice4 View Post
The server will be live again shortly, at which time you will notice a message from the NPC-Server which explains the state of the server and provides information regarding exactly what happened.

See you soon.
Perfect thanks guys. Also, could staff use the bulletin board more? It's used quite sparingly and instead mass pm's or "staff messages" are sent out with random updates and the like. I don't see the detriment to posting them to the bulletin board so people who aren't online when things are fixed or introduced can see what happened :3
Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 PM
ice_is_nice4 is on a distinguished road
That was the idea behind the change log that used to be posted here. Perhaps we'll bring that back. I definitely agree with you, though, that the updates need to be broadcasted more effectively. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
Also, could staff use the bulletin board more?
Always loved me some bulletin board.

However, it doesn't exactly 'pop up' and notify players online, like a Staff Mass/Message would for those little things.

And it isn't as in-your-face as a staff block with a message on it, for even littler things.

Many people do not read the news, realized because many people do not even follow the rules of the server which are also displayed in that gui.

Plus to my knowledge only a few people can edit the board, even more-so there is a character limit to the little textbox, in which you need to manually edit the file to correct/finish the announcement, which even fewer people can do.

I got some ideas on how to tweak it, we'll see.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Always loved me some bulletin board.

However, it doesn't exactly 'pop up' and notify players online, like a Staff Mass/Message would for those little things.

Why not just use both then? Or mass message saying "Check the bulletin board for the new update/fix"
Old 11-14-2013, 08:43 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Usually a mass message & bulletin update combo gets the message across. Sometimes a staff block as a reminder too.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
Why not just use both then? Or mass message saying "Check the bulletin board for the new update/fix"
Was just saying why it isn't used for every little update/situation.

Though this generally happens if the updater is capable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Usually a mass message & bulletin update combo gets the message across. Sometimes a staff block as a reminder too.