Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ya, those screenshots seem totally reasonable.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Hire a GAT
Good luck finding a good artist that you can slave drive for free anymore.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
LOL

Man, I'm glad I don't play iPhone Graal o.O Entirely too many people.
The problem is solveable. Expand the overworld, and make something interesting all over the overworld, and do something about the names. A limit for the names and smaller text or pointing at the player with a finger to reveal it.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
The problem is solveable. Expand the overworld, and make something interesting all over the overworld, and do something about the names. A limit for the names and smaller text or pointing at the player with a finger to reveal it.
apparently you can hide them, but I think an option to limit the length would be better.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Untitled
Supertron26 is on a distinguished road
It's hardly a quest, just an easy maze. You just keep walking...that's what I did and I made it through in 30 seconds.
Also the rat doesn't have a walking animation, it just glides across the floor.

Yes, there are way too many people on the iPhone server.
But not as many as you see in the screenshots. The noobs crowd around the staff so when the staff post screenshots there's big crowds.

There's lots of long nicks, but there's an option for players to hide nicks on the profile.

Question: If one synchronised swimmer drowns do the rest drown too?
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
Sure. But for now, it would be annoying to play, I think.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 04-16-2010, 12:36 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Sure. But for now, it would be annoying to play, I think.
I think it'd be a bit more fun than idling though.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Intuitive.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I think it'd be a bit more fun than idling though.
Idling has been some of the best time I've ever had on Graal.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 04-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Idling has been some of the best time I've ever had on Graal.
Oh yes... Also idle conversation is the best.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:08 AM
aka NewYorkerNick
NewYorkerNicole will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NewYorkerNicole
New things opening up in Classic IPhone server = Walmart on Black Friday.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
The rat dies actually have a walking Gani. For some reason it's not showing up properly on iPhone - yet it's showing correct on PC. Have to see if we can figure out why.

Also, yes, we did re-use the old Onnet Forest levels. A lot of people complain here on the forums that we don't use old levels - and now that we do, you're complaining that we're re-using old levels. How can we ever win with you people? Never most likely!

We have a GAT currently, and he is a great guy. He works and gets assignments done, which we haven't had in our past GATs, so kudos to him. We aren't releasing hearts and whatnot yet, so we rescripted the Rat Form with a Gani Sheet (instead of the 4 .gifs it ran off of back in the day) and released that. The scripts for randomization of the forest were also updated (they were level links prior - now it is actual randomization).

While this isn't really a "lengthy" quest of any sort, this is a milestone and stepping stone for Quests we are working on and have in the final stages. By releasing simple things like this, we can determine what limits and circumstances we will release newer content with. As you can see, the forest entrance was jam packed. It was like that for the better of 3-4 hours after release. This will be taken into consideration upon release of other quests.

All in all, not a major quest, but we're working on content. This quest will be part of a larger set of quests, in which you will need the rat transformation and possibly re-enter the Forest to receive some information from the witch or other Characters in the forest, to continue on with other quests.

Hope you all enjoy!

@SuperTron: We are able to hide ourselves (Stealth Mode) while in-game. This is available for any Staff member. Generally we do this while taking screenshots. I didn't look at the ones posted here except in their thumbnail view, so I'm not sure if staff are fully visible or not. But yes, that actually is the large amount. Crowds like that do form in Graal City and the various Guild Forts and Towers scattered about the map.

@Umat: We've disabled the viewing of nicknames as beginning preference. We've noticed the quite long nicknames of some players, so we've set it to disabled at the beginning, and players have the option of turning it on. I do believe we have a 50 character limit at the current time, which may be lowered. Also, the Overworld is being released piece by piece. We're trying to create content that will drive a player to another town, spreading the players out - instead of just releasing towns with pointless houses and no reason to actually visit the town.

@Dnegal: Thanks for the compliment . We're working our butts off over here on iPhone!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
"Actual randomization" ... so each instance is always different? Meaning players have to sit and run through it with no hope to actually learn anything and make their own progress? Sounds fun.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
"Actual randomization" ... so each instance is always different? Meaning players have to sit and run through it with no hope to actually learn anything and make their own progress? Sounds fun.
When players enter, they are given a Random a,b,c,d number set. a references the first level of the forest, b, the second level, c, etc.

The are 3 doors in each level.

So if player A walks in, he may get the set of 1,2,1,3. Which means, the player would enter the first door in level 1, the second door in level 2, the first door in level 3, and the 3rd door in level 4 to get to the witch.

Players will keep this same configuration unless the entirely leave the forest and come back in. So players are able to figure out which levels they've been through and figure out the combination. We didn't make it impossibly hard .
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I just realized that monkey has a eyepatch. Now you just need a banana with a pegleg and a normal leg with a gun.

But on topic. That's cool to hear there's actually something for content on there now.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.