Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2016, 06:08 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Ip detection

We have secured login to graal servers, it is no more allowed to login using a Proxy or a Vpn.

Please use your normal DSL to connect to Graal servers.

We are still working on the proxy detection, if you can't login on graal servers and your IP is not a proxy or VPN please contact me by PM: provide your IP and your graal account in the message.

Thanks for your understanding.

Unix.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:20 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Does this apply to the iServers too?
Old 03-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
For now it is only Pc servers but we will extend to iServers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Does this apply to the iServers too?
Old 03-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
For now it is only Pc servers but we will extend to iServers.
Excellent.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:24 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Is Graal becoming the new netflix?
Old 03-23-2016, 02:26 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Excellent.
are the people on iservers using VPNs that much?

Old 03-23-2016, 05:25 AM
Feorth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
are the people on iservers using VPNs that much?
Yes, mostly by hackers and pedos to evade bans.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:41 PM
Banned
icemanextreme is on a distinguished road
well im not returning unless this is a 100 % guarantee that it can take care of Ramza and crew.im tired of being ddossed and im tired of the harassment and even going to hacking my Facebook to falseify info.

Im an ETA.i host and manage ETs with Kittums on Unholy Nation.i love doing it,but due to yesterdays antics it went beyond Graal and honestly i cant take it any more.I even wrote a Resignation.

Im tired of being forced to leave like this.im sick of the fact that Graals so infested and overrun now with Idiots trying to ruin people just because they can.

Ive played Graal and been High End Staff multiple times,Multiple Servers and honestly when i returned in October,i was so amazed with how much its gone to **** :/
Old 03-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Is this a ban evasion measure, an anti-cheating measure or both? It makes sense as a ban evasion measure.

Meanwhile, a lot of people claim use of VPNs to gain an unfair advantage in spars and other competitive activities. For anti-cheating it makes more sense to use latency and packet loss metrics to implement restrictions on participation in competitive activities like sparring. A month or two back I was having >1000ms lag without VPN or proxies, and I wouldn't think it fun for anyone to spar against me under those conditions. I'm used to seeing 350-400ms used for restrictions on other MMOs.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:49 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
It would be wonderful if you could fix the disconnect problem on PC servers. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake13jake View Post
For anti-cheating it makes more sense to use latency and packet loss metric
That would only work if the server was reliable and consistent. After this maintenance it will be interesting to see how it performs.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Former Classic Staff
Quote:
That would only work if the server was reliable and consistent. After this maintenance it will be interesting to see how it performs.
Not if you make the threshold a statistical variable based on a running sample of the latency and packet loss of randomly selected players.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Not if you make the threshold a statistical variable based on a running sample of the latency and packet loss of randomly selected players.
bro i only speak english
Old 03-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Former Classic Staff
Quote:
bro i only speak english
Packet loss: the amount of data being sent between the game server and the game client the fails to reach its destination. This is high when you see something like someone on one side of the spar ring suddenly appear on the other side of the spar ring. I don't know if Graal provides a means of measuring packet loss.

Latency: the time it takes for data to be sent between the game server and the client. This is high when you see things like a player having to swing where the other person is going rather than where they are.

Running Random Sample of Packet Loss and Latency: making random measures of packet loss and latency (e.g. check lag of one randomly selected player, the lag of another randomly selected player, and so on) over time to create an unbiased data set, using the sum of the data to account for natural variation in lag.

From that random data sample, you can create variable thresholds for ping and packet loss, which you can then set to a value such that a player exceeding that threshold and being unable to spar (or kicked from spar) would occur 5% of the time if the threshold were to be applied to the players in the random sample (the 5% spec can be raised or lowered). I have a weighted reservoir sampling algorithm that I posted to Graalians that could be used for the sampling.

So you have that threshold that's calculated from the sampling, call it A. You also have a threshold where it stops being a major issue (e.g. average 350ms ping), call it B. When A < B (e.g. A=20ms; B=350ms), then threshold B applies. Otherwise if A > B (e.g. A=450ms; B=350ms) threshold A applies.

Does that make more sense?

Here's a screenshot of a spreadsheet I made to help illustrate the logic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lag-sampling-example.png
Views:	1407
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	55890

Last edited by jake13jake; 03-24-2016 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: Adding attachment example
Old 03-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Administrator
Hello,

I can confirm we have spend time to study latency problems.

The way to improve latency is to put servers more close to players, that's why most of our server are in the center of the Usa since most of our customer base is in Usa. So if you are located in Asia or Even some part of Europe latency can be quite bad.

For some of the top servers we have tried to improve network latency with special routing technics, we are using our own pipes to make packets travel for exemple between Europe and the Usa servers. We can't use the same technics for playerworld for exemple, because it's very costly to setup this.

Another solution is to allow pear to pear communication between players, it will improve gameplay if players are in the same area.

The main problem is we always have to make a tradeoff between protecting against client modification, proxy server, ddos, hacking and making the gameplayer more enjoyable for everyone. Because of a few people focusing in bothering others we have to limit everyone to use some nice features, this is unfortunately how life is going for to many stuff, some are working to make life of everyone better some others are focusing on getting fun destroying what other create.

In the forthcoming weeks we will release a new network, it should improve network latency for most of our players. If you have any issue with a server or network latency you can contact [email protected] so we watch at it.

Quote:
Packet loss: the amount of data being sent between the game server and the game client the fails to reach its destination. This is high when you see something like someone on one side of the spar ring suddenly appear on the other side of the spar ring. I don't know if Graal provides a means of measuring packet loss.

Latency: the time it takes for data to be sent between the game server and the client. This is high when you see things like a player having to swing where the other person is going rather than where they are.

Running Random Sample of Packet Loss and Latency: making random measures of packet loss and latency (e.g. check lag of one randomly selected player, the lag of another randomly selected player, and so on) over time to create an unbiased data set, using the sum of the data to account for natural variation in lag.

From that random data sample, you can create variable thresholds for ping and packet loss, which you can then set to a value such that a player exceeding that threshold and being unable to spar (or kicked from spar) would occur 5% of the time if the threshold were to be applied to the players in the random sample (the 5% spec can be raised or lowered). I have a weighted reservoir sampling algorithm that I posted to Graalians that could be used for the sampling.

So you have that threshold that's calculated from the sampling, call it A. You also have a threshold where it stops being a major issue (e.g. average 350ms ping), call it B. When A < B (e.g. A=20ms; B=350ms), then threshold B applies. Otherwise if A > B (e.g. A=450ms; B=350ms) threshold A applies.

Does that make more sense?

Here's a screenshot of a spreadsheet I made to help illustrate the logic.

Attachment 55890