Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.56 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
This just killed my motivation. I'll probably be finishing up my projects, and going my separate way. I been around this community since i was 15 years old (I'm 29 now), and it took graal nearly 9 years to update RC2. Since the start of IOS Development, Graal has been promising these new great developer tools to ease this development stress with removing these makeshift tools that hardly get the job done. In your post you list a bunch of features that in all honestly don't help with anything and I personally would never use the. I was waiting for the "ooo, ahhs" and all i heard come out my mouth was "what the **** is this"?

I know it probably took a lot of effort creating this system, but Why? Thats my main concern, you explain its better? We disagree? Fill us in tell us why? We're still waiting on the first set of development tools that we was promised 6 years ago? Should we watch you destroy the last thing we actually use and wait another 11 years for something solid to replace it? I just don't get it, and just want to know why we're heading this way.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 09-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Can't update comments either with ClientRC. I get this after I hit save.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
I am trying to find solutions to keep the external RC and still get compatibility with our new server code. For now we have some technical problems that don't allow this.

I will do my best to keep the external RC available and if possible release the code to some of you to improve it. The GUI could need a full rewrite because it is using GTK++ and is hard to recompile.

Contact me by Email if you have the skills to work on it and if you are not afraid to sign some confidentiality paper work.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
This is a really bad idea.

Also, love that the only "tags" for this topic is "worst thing ever".

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
I am trying to find solutions to keep the external RC and still get compatibility with our new server code. For now we have some technical problems that don't allow this.

I will do my best to keep the external RC available and if possible release the code to some of you to improve it. The GUI could need a full rewrite because it is using GTK++ and is hard to recompile.

Contact me by Email if you have the skills to work on it and if you are not afraid to sign some confidentiality paper work.

FINALLY Unixmad is acknowledging us as players/developers.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
what happens when you script something which either accidentally or due to a bug crashes the client?

how are you then supposed to log back on remote control and remove the problem which crashes your client?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:

Awesome that's a great Idea, gives the community the option to become apart of the project if they want it to remain.
[email protected]

Old 09-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Global Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Can't update comments either with ClientRC. I get this after I hit save.

Updating to the new client fix's it.

[8:06:42 PM] PiX: http://graalonline.com/playerworlds/...GraalSetup.exe
[email protected]

Old 09-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Skills working with gtk++ specifically or any general programming language? Gtk isn't to hard to work with, but I've never heard of gtk++. Only gtkmm, gtk+, gtk+2.x and 3.x.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
@MysticalDragon, okay thanks. I'll try it.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Some ideas:
  • Local timestamps in chat as an option.
  • "/clear" in chat as a feature.
  • A few IRC clients offer the ability to add alerts to a list of keywords that you specify. In places where there is lots of discussion it is nice to be able to receive alerts for topics that you are interested in, especially when you're referred to. Have always wanted this on RC.
  • Is it possible to show separate external windows as individual taskbar windows? I'm sure I seen that once.
I really would love to see these features followed up please, as well as the "Ctrl+J" line-jump feature. Having a separate external window is another big reason I use external RC, you see my Laptop is rather old and sometimes struggles with the client running but I can run external RC with a breeze and also using a WiFi Hotspot through my Cell Phone as internet, the client sucks up my downloads but RC is fine..

Old 09-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_matt89 View Post
I really would love to see these features followed up please, as well as the "Ctrl+J" line-jump feature. Having a separate external window is another big reason I use external RC, you see my Laptop is rather old and sometimes struggles with the client running but I can run external RC with a breeze and also using a WiFi Hotspot through my Cell Phone as internet, the client sucks up my downloads but RC is fine..
Lol and yet you are always afk idle on gk both player and rc.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Lol and yet you are always afk idle on gk both player and rc.
I'm not afk the idle icon comes up even when I'm buying in a shop at Hotaru in one spot for too long, I'm monitoring the server as GP Admin.. You're not online enough to know..

Old 09-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
This sounds like a good opportunity for the very talented and very active public scripters to get attached so that we can see some good work done. My opinions have to follow people like Fowlplay, I know they have the good of the community at heart. This is built up over a long time of being active and productive.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Great idea, glad your going the community involvement route.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unixmad again.
Sry bro

Tags
worst thing ever