Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.56 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Post New Scripted RC

The scripted version of RC has been updated to be more similar to the external RC. It can be accessed by pressing F6 or by clicking to Start->RemoteControl in the client.

Changes:
  • More minimalistic gui interfaces for a clean feel.
  • Commands such as /openrights and /opencomments use the user's account if nothing is specified
  • Outdated and less used features and buttons have been removed.
  • A new text editor is used for all text in the new RC, which includes word wrap options and find/replace.
  • Scripts of all types are now listed similar to the external RC.

New options added:
  • Console Font Size - Font size of the rc chat console
  • Console Buffer Lines - Cutoff for lines of rc chat; use 0 for no limit
  • Log scriptfiles/<server>/rcchat.txt - Log all RC chat to the rcchat.txt file specific to the server folder
  • Disconnect on close - Disconnect from RC when closing the window

Improvements:
We plan to improve the new version of RC further by adding working irc tabs and quick typing to search script lists, among other improvements. We are also planning to include an updated development tools, like the level editor and the gani editor, to be accessed directly from RC.

We plan also to make it compatible with iOS and Android client.

Old RC:
The old RC can't be updated and is incompatible with new server version, we will have to disable it in the forthcoming days.

Feel free to tell us what features you want to be added before we disable old RC.

Scripting:
The text editor tool used by the new RC is available by script for convenience.
For normal text editing:

Update: Removed for now because of incompatibilities

Last edited by unixmad; 09-23-2014 at 08:48 PM..
Old 09-23-2014, 02:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I want to be able to login to RC without being on client, if I can't do that with the new RC then I don't know what I'm going to do. I know Stefan described making a special RC game client, at least do that if you're going to force us to stop using RC2_2006.exe.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 09-23-2014 at 02:35 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Wait the external rc or the old scripted rc is being dissabled?

Last edited by scriptless; 09-23-2014 at 03:10 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 02:50 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Wait the external rc or the old scripted rc is being dissabled? Devistating if you remove external. Scripted rc does not work on kingdoms debug where I script for. GG well played!
RemoteControl2.exe is on the chopping block.

Old Scripted RC is dead already and the new Scripted RC has taken it's place.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
RemoteControl2.exe is on the chopping block.

Old Scripted RC is dead already and the new Scripted RC has taken it's place.
Okay, few suggestions.
  1. Allow me to set the char window background to white
  2. The weapons button brings up a window with mismatched gui profiles between button and the window its in, 1 is blue 1 is red
  3. Allow me to use custom images instead of the graal kingdoms image for my background
  4. give me line numbers in scripting window, so when rc complains about line number what ever i can actually find it in a 4000 line script
  5. File Browser by default has Name, and R/W rights coloms so close that long names dont create a space and you can hardly read the "r/w" rights. Can this be centered or padded?

Those right now are the negative impressions for the first 60 seconds using it.

Sorry, quick edit. This new scripted-rc does actually work on Kingdoms Debug. Weird at first I swore it didn't. The old one definately did not.

[Edit again]
Every time I type it changes my text in rc chat to what I typed clearing everything else.. is this intentional, or a bug?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:15 AM
PiX will become famous soon enough
In your F3 options, try setting external window style to vplusblue or something nicer than 'Default'.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:35 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Maybe add a feature like Ctrl+J to jump to a specific line or so

Old 09-23-2014, 03:41 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
How do I make it look like the non graphical option in RC? I like that look.
Also when downloading larger files, the client likes to (not respond) and end up crashing/disconnecting you.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:22 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
if only people who developed their own new-and-improved external rc didnt get banned all the time...
Old 09-23-2014, 04:40 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
if only people who developed their own new-and-improved external rc didnt get banned all the time...
Making it, and distributing it are 2 separate things. It's distributing it that gets you banned I'm pretty sure.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:29 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I want to be able to login to RC without being on client, if I can't do that with the new RC then I don't know what I'm going to do. I know Stefan described making a special RC game client, at least do that if you're going to force us to stop using RC2_2006.exe.
I agree here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Maybe add a feature like Ctrl+J to jump to a specific line or so
I am quite like this feature or so x-x.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Some things:
  • Font looks cleaner in external RC. I don't know what it is, but I would like client RC to use it.
  • If a line of text has no wrapping in it, it will wrap it, but moves the block of text under your name.
  • Paste "Lorem Ipsum 사용할 수있는 구절 많은 변화가 있지만, 대부분의, 주입 유머로, 어떤 형태의 변경을 입었거나 조금이라도 믿을 보이지 않는 단어를 무작위. 당신은 Lorem Ipsum의 통로를 사용하려는 경우, 당신은 텍스트의 가운데에 숨겨진 뭔가 당황 없다는 확신해야합니다." into the chat bar and it will turn most characters into boxes. It shows the correct text in the chat window once it has been submitted, with the exception of a few characters. The characters that do not show will appear if they are entered in individually or as part of a smaller piece of text.
  • Japanese font choice could be better.
  • Options for RC should probably match the style of F3 settings or playerlist options. There's a lack of visual consistency throughout.
  • Would prefer it if items were highlighted more like external RC: only when you click on an item, no hover over effect, and inverted font color.
  • I dislike how script windows open up directly over the listing windows. Would be nicer if they acted like other software windows generally do.
  • File Browser should be in alphabetical order and it doesn't have a very nice appearance overall. Would probably benefit from an overhaul visually.
  • File Browser isn't using the new text editor.
  • Can't drag and drop in File Browser.
  • A big one for me is the ability to double click on levels in RC, and when I save them, they are automatically uploaded. I guess the *new* level editor will be integrated in this way?
  • There appears to be a character limit in the chat box now. I don't think there is one in external RC.
  • Player count only shows the number of players that you have seen on your screen. It should show the overall player count.
  • NC buttons don't indicate the NPC server being down like they do on external RC.

Some ideas:
  • Separate tab for NC spam, only accessible by those with NC rights.
  • Ability to tile, cascade or tab windows instead of just tabbed.
  • View community names instead of nicknames in chat as an option.
  • Local timestamps in chat as an option.
  • "/clear" in chat as a feature.
  • A few IRC clients offer the ability to add alerts to a list of keywords that you specify. In places where there is lots of discussion it is nice to be able to receive alerts for topics that you are interested in, especially when you're referred to. Have always wanted this on RC.
  • Would personally like to see an area that shows you who is on RC (again, like IRC clients) but that type of layout change might be too controversial.
  • Is it possible to show separate external windows as individual taskbar windows? I'm sure I seen that once.

Last edited by Rufus; 09-23-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Vendhin- iEra
Portal is on a distinguished road
being able to open rc without having to be in client would be nice if possible.
It could be a massive pain to have to be in client every time i wanted to be in rc

Need help? visit support.toonslab.com !
Old 09-23-2014, 09:51 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Who is in charge of these updates?
It's a good start, but it's no where near upto par with the external RC. Why is the text editor background blue? ...
If external RC is disabled, this would only hinder development on many servers. Do not disable external RC
Old 09-23-2014, 11:59 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Who is in charge of these updates?
It's a good start, but it's no where near upto par with the external RC. Why is the text editor background blue? ...
If external RC is disabled, this would only hinder development on many servers. Do not disable external RC
You need to use vplusblue to get a 'white background' and stuff. Attached my mod which is a bit better than it.

Request: Write an API or something so we can make our own RCs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vplusblue_mod.zip (215.0 KB, 1178 views)

Last edited by fowlplay4; 09-23-2014 at 12:40 PM..

Tags
worst thing ever