Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
likewise.

But then there'd be no point to gold status.
The solution would be to remove it and add lifetime again or start with micropayments on all servers.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
The solution would be to remove it and add lifetime again or start with micropayments on all servers.
I personally like the simple idea of most microtransaction games (i.e: Maplestory would fit well)

Pay for vanity items that can be used cross realm (little toys that you can show off), play any server for free and finally make it so you can play cross platform, you'd have a game that could flourish as a f2p community.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
likewise.

But then there'd be no point to gold status.
In my opinion there's no point to gold status currently anyways. Graal is simply not in the position to be asking that amount of money for a subscription. And if life-time classic didn't exist, the player-count would be almost non-existent. I think the subscription system needs to change. Bring back the one-time payment system or micro-transactions. (Or a mixture of the two)
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfire35 View Post
In my opinion there's no point to gold status currently anyways. Graal is simply not in the position to be asking that amount of money for a subscription. And if life-time classic didn't exist, the player-count would be almost non-existent. I think the subscription system needs to change. Bring back the one-time payment system or micro-transactions. (Or a mixture of the two)
Unless you have some kind of inside information about Graal's current 'financial' situation saying that it is not in the position to be asking for that amount of money then that is just speculation. While I agree with the micro transactions the 'one-time' payment idea i ridiculous due to Graal's low PC player base and they may make money for a few months off of it from existing players but eventually it would dwindle unless they somehow attracted more players. Micro-transactions is where it's at. It's much easier to justify spending $5 or $10 here and there 10-20+ times then it is to spend $50 all at once.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
For some reason, I only see one of the two servers I have RC access to . I don't see N-Pulse in my special category
Old 06-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
For some reason, I only see one of the two servers I have RC access to . I don't see N-Pulse in my special category
Maybe special refers to something else...

Old 06-05-2013, 02:32 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
N-Pulse isn't special.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
It seems like only the REAL UC servers are in that special tab, I can't see Kingdoms Debug and Kingdoms Iphone either

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Unless you have some kind of inside information about Graal's current 'financial' situation saying that it is not in the position to be asking for that amount of money then that is just speculation. While I agree with the micro transactions the 'one-time' payment idea i ridiculous due to Graal's low PC player base and they may make money for a few months off of it from existing players but eventually it would dwindle unless they somehow attracted more players. Micro-transactions is where it's at. It's much easier to justify spending $5 or $10 here and there 10-20+ times then it is to spend $50 all at once.
Alright this is ****in gold.
Basically, Graal can ask us to pay for it if we end up paying for it. If you really think graal isn't in the position to ask that kind of money then you must not be one of the like 2000+ people that pay at least something every month to play.
Micro transactions are better honestly. More money goes it which would (hopefully) provide more updates/better ****. That being said, graal is notorious for not delivering on that base and since they offered the option of lifetime accounts at one time, they should honor it and at least have some pride in maintaining PC (long in need of attention).
Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I think the Gold subscription could be a lot more popular if it actually provided benefits and perks instead of just removing the restrictions put on the game with a positive spin on it.

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3/4 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still playable.
Community - After making the one time purchase you essentially have the same access as Classic accounts do today.
Developer - A one time purchase so you can work on servers and what not.
Gold - Server-specific benefits. I.e. on Zodiac +EXP Gain, Free Class Resets, and other niceties.

Under my idea, classic accounts would be converted to community accounts with developer access.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access, also staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 06-06-2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I think the Gold subscription could be a lot more popular if it actually provided benefits and perks instead of just removing the restrictions put on the game with a positive spin on it.

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still payable.
Community - After making the one time purchase you essentially have the same access as Classic accounts do today.
Gold - Server-specific benefits. I.e. on Zodiac +EXP Gain, Free Class Resets, and other niceties.

Under my idea, classic accounts would be converted to community accounts with developer access.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access. I.e. Staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.
+rep when I have the chance.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:08 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
Alright this is ****in gold.
Basically, Graal can ask us to pay for it if we end up paying for it. If you really think graal isn't in the position to ask that kind of money then you must not be one of the like 2000+ people that pay at least something every month to play.
Micro transactions are better honestly. More money goes it which would (hopefully) provide more updates/better ****. That being said, graal is notorious for not delivering on that base and since they offered the option of lifetime accounts at one time, they should honor it and at least have some pride in maintaining PC (long in need of attention).
You obviously didn't read my post or the one I quoted. Also 2000+ people? you are aware that it's free to play the mobile servers and players can buy in game currency and other perks?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:06 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let me re-phrase that, by the one-time payment I was referring to a small fee for a classic account like we've seen in the past. A basic account without the restrictions. Then from there it can be determined whether micro-transactions or a remodeled Gold system (such as the one fowlplay presented) would work better. As long as the micro-transactions or Gold "benefits" don't provide a pay-to-win situation and just provided shiny perks to merit the extra fee.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3/4 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still playable.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access, also staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.
I like this idea, I assume gold would be periodic payments as it is now? And also that it'd grant all underlying account benefits in addition to what you stated?

It's genius.

Last edited by Darlene159; 06-07-2013 at 01:45 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You obviously didn't read my post or the one I quoted. Also 2000+ people? you are aware that it's free to play the mobile servers and players can buy in game currency and other perks?
Pretty sure that the vast majority of iOS users spend money on the game (that counts into the 2000+ )

You must not have read what I said either.