Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
And to elaborate on what Jerret is saying, Graal supports wba themes but... also doesn't. When I was looking for themes most of them didn't work and had all kinds of glitches and such. You just have to look until you find one that does work.
He was pointing to the Graal's Window Border/Title Bar that is most likely broken by his use of a custom Windows theme as seen in the window to the left of it.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
He was pointing to the Graal's Window Border/Title Bar that is most likely broken by his use of a custom Windows theme as seen in the window to the left of it.
Ah ya, didn't really digest the image there. Also at least I tried to use your actual name instead of just calling you fowlplay!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ah ya, didn't really digest the image there. Also at least I tried to use your actual name instead of just calling you fowlplay!
fp4 is cooler, use it instead. my real name itself is quite evil.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
jerp4
Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Dusty, those arn't your bushes. I removed the ones you made the first time round. I made those bushes from the zelda tileset, and I may even have the psd file still showing so. If you had a closer look at it, you'de see it's by no means of your quality. My ones have been redone again - and this is what they now look like.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
Dusty, those arn't your bushes. I removed the ones you made the first time round. I made those bushes from the zelda tileset, and I may even have the psd file still showing so. If you had a closer look at it, you'de see it's by no means of your quality. My ones have been redone again - and this is what they now look like.
Well if we're talking about the ones in the screenshot posted earlier in the thread they were most definitely mines. I don't like to jump to conclusions so I always put SOME research into this stuff before I make accusations, and in this instance I did a paste over comparison. Same bush, just with a thinner outline and some very minor changes and color swaps. If you want to say that it is indeed original work of yours then there is an issue here.

Even your new one seems to have used my bush as a base but it's even more heavily edited. However at this point it is so heavily edited that I don't think it's worth the time to pursue it, but I must say artistically it does more harm than good.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Even your new one seems to have used my bush as a base but it's even more heavily edited.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a bush that looks like that (except other colors) in a Zelda game brah.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
You defend Graal for using Zelda as a base for their graphics, but god forbid someone use your graphics as a base? (which in turn is also based on Zelda)
Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
You defend Graal for using Zelda as a base for their graphics, but god forbid someone use your graphics as a base? (which in turn is also based on Zelda)
Dusty usually doesn't have a problem with people using his graphics, that is assuming this specific bush wasn't made for a particular server, however even with an edit you must still give credit to the original artist as you can not claim it as your own.

As for being based off Zelda, I think it is pretty common knowledge almost all of Graal tilesets are based off Zelda and references are not needed.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen a bush that looks like that (except other colors) in a Zelda game brah.
And that's why I never wanted them to be used. I did those Zelda upscales as a project of my own related to Zelda, not Graal. I never wanted them in Graal, hence why I never said they could be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
All default graphics of Graal used Zelda as a base for structure, but graphics-wise they are pretty original. You can look at Graal as a whole and say "Ya, that reminds me of Zelda" but copy/paste the graphics together and nothing is really the same. Ya, Graal has a bush just like Zelda, but it's not remotely visually similar to the bushes from Zelda other than the fact they are both bushes. Pixels between Zelda and Graal are not interchangeable, and that's the big difference(do people really have a hard time understanding this?).

However his bush graphic is just taking mine, changing the colors and changing some pixels here and there. Like I said it's pretty butchered at this point so I'm not going to hound them over it(though I don't like him saying they aren't mine when they indeed are... or were); but don't act like I'm crazy or something :P
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned
I'm a she, Dusty.

And I can 100% say, I did not use your bush a base. I used the zelda bush, which I took up to double the size and edited by that. The fact that we both used the same zelda base is probably more to the fact as to why it looks similar.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
And that's why I never wanted them to be used. I did those Zelda upscales as a project of my own related to Zelda, not Graal. I never wanted them in Graal, hence why I never said they could be used.

All default graphics of Graal used Zelda as a base for structure, but graphics-wise they are pretty original. You can look at Graal as a whole and say "Ya, that reminds me of Zelda" but copy/paste the graphics together and nothing is really the same. Ya, Graal has a bush just like Zelda, but it's not remotely visually similar to the bushes from Zelda other than the fact they are both bushes. Pixels between Zelda and Graal are not interchangeable, and that's the big difference(do people really have a hard time understanding this?).

However his bush graphic is just taking mine, changing the colors and changing some pixels here and there. Like I said it's pretty butchered at this point so I'm not going to hound them over it(though I don't like him saying they aren't mine when they indeed are... or were); but don't act like I'm crazy or something :P
I agree completely with Dusty.

Those bush's look nothing like graal

However, still few tiles, look almost identical. Mainly the castle tiles.

Last edited by scriptless; 12-18-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
And I can 100% say, I did not use your bush a base.
With your bush as a base:

My bush is on the left, the original LttP is on the right.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Banned
Okay - I have to apologise on sorts of not looking at the tileset better - I believe Matt edited a older tileset which contained it. And for that, I am truely sorry. That was not the case in the one we have been using for the last several months. There is another one, which looks similar, but by no means is yours.

Again, sorry for the confusion on my part, but I can say again, that we have not used your bush after you told us to take it off the first time.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 AM
team canada
i love the bush