Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Smile Graal v6 is now officially released!

GraalOnline version 6 is now officially released! To celebrate the release of v6 we also give free Gold for two weeks, which means no observer mode for two weeks!

After 5 years of hard work the new version is finally up. It brings a lot of new functionality and possibilities, and of a lot of optimizations:
- External windows such as scripted playerlist, options, profile, remotecontrol
- Faster game startup
- Support for DirectX9 and OpenGL
- Better support of GUI styles (you can use several at once)
- Tons of new scripting functions
- Extended body colors

Important notes:
- Graal v5 will still be allowed for some weeks, but will be disable at some point so that scripters can use the new functionality
- An updated Linux version will follow soon
- We will continue to fix bugs and add new functionality to v6 now that we have the same version on all platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Facebook, soon Android and more)

A small text file with some improvements made to v6 is attached (version.txt). Keep in mind that this list is two years old, we will try to post an updated list soon on wiki.graal.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalv6.png
Views:	1126
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	55191  
Attached Files
File Type: txt version.txt (12.2 KB, 1485 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
This is great news!
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:33 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Good thing I didn't hold my breath. Jokes aside, good job, I've been waiting for this day ever since I first got access to the beta.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 AM
aladiia is on a distinguished road
Im having this problem with graal.
Every time i disconnect and try to log back on what ever i disconnected from it will not let me connect back to it for about 30m-1h.
Example: Playing era get disconnected cant log back onto era but am able to log back onto any other server.
Example2: Logging into graal main screen then disconnects cant even log onto main screen.

Please fix this problem.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladiia View Post
Im having this problem with graal.
Every time i disconnect and try to log back on what ever i disconnected from it will not let me connect back to it for about 30m-1h.
Example: Playing era get disconnected cant log back onto era but am able to log back onto any other server.
Example2: Logging into graal main screen then disconnects cant even log onto main screen.

Please fix this problem.
That's actually very true, yesterday I was trying to reset my weapons on Era, so I said "/reconnect" about ten times and it wouldn't actually let me connect to Era until I had Zach disconnect my account (took 6 disconnects) for it to actually allow me back on. Weird.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I'll be waiting for that Linux release...thanks Stefan .
Old 11-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
To celebrate the release of v6 we also give free Gold for two weeks, which means no observer mode for two weeks!
It's tradition for new Graal Client Versions to be thrust upon staff by surprise in such a way they're not prepared for.
At least it's a good thing this time .
Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Darn, this forum doesn't have a like button ... Great job!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I wish the v was uppercase.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:26 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Now that v6 is released, will the game go free to play soon?

Last edited by skillmaster19; 11-05-2012 at 04:38 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Classic Developer
VeryVeryScaryBerry1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post

1) We are releasing the new V6 client for Windows, Mac and Linux
We will release in the forthcoming weeks (First weeks of April) the new native V6 client to everyone.

2) We are releasing an Android version
The Android release will come either in April

3) New developer tools
New Developer Tools including level editor will be released in Mai and June

4)We are planning to give the opportunity to PlayerWorld owners to move to Free To Play either.
We will soon give a list of requirements to move a server Free To Play.

One down, Better late than never.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Now that v6 is released, will the game go free to play soon?
Not likely.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
2 weeks of gold!? I can now have all the advantages iv'e always wanted on Zone and the UC servers! Hazaah!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I could have sword we already had external windows, then they disappeared with v4.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
Hurray, Oh wait it doesn't work for me... Also why would you bring it out now? I have seen numerous people on europa who also tell me they have problems using V6... Shouldn't you fix those before making it compulsorily?

Last edited by JesusFreak250; 11-05-2012 at 04:58 PM..