Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Smile Graalv6.037: OpenGL fullscreen

A new version for Windows has been released: v6.037
- OpenGL is now the default graphic mode because it's faster than the DirectX mode in Graal
- In OpenGL you can now play in fullscreen!
- Fixes a smaller problem with Graal losing the focus when you close PMs
- For drawing panels you can now define enablecache = false to disable refresh of the drawing panel (or icon) if the image has been changed, which is good if you draw a lot or generate maps
- drawObject() in drawing panels is now correctly registered so that you can clearall() after it
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
- For drawing panels you can now define enablecache = false to disable refresh of the drawing panel (or icon) if the image has been changed, which is good if you draw a lot or generate maps
That's really interesting! I wonder how much it improves performance... is this new version applicable to the Graal I have on my iPod? I want to check this out, see if using the drawingpanel is actually possible on the iPod now.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Drawing panel was always working on iPod, it's used for the Facebook picture thing.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Nice, fullscreen works on dual monitors now. Would still be nice if it would fullscreen on the screen where the window is located in though rather than always choosing the primary screen.

EDIT: I had another game running in the background, and when I went fullscreen with Graal, the other games resolution got ****ed up. Not quite sure how to describe it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Drawing panel was always working on iPod, it's used for the Facebook picture thing.
I know it works, but drawing to it constantly was very slow so it'd be cool to play with the new feature on the iPod(as I had some ideas that weren't possible because drawingpanel was too slow in older versions).
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
nice
Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Good stuff. Hopefully you can get UDP working solid!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Just wanted to mention, OpenGL and the current video capture options do not play nicely with each other.

If you need to make a video or something, I would recommend switching to DirectX mode, otherwise, you may get an error during recording that results in a lot of garbage in the videos.