Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Exclamation NPCServer: shows callstack on error

The npcserver has been updated on all machines (need to be manually restarted):
- shows a small callstack (max 5 entries) when an endless loop has been detected or the callstack has been overrun (endless recursion)
- new script function getCallStackInfo() which returns a string which contains basically the same information: the call stack and script line numbers; this is basically a simpler version of the getCallStack() things; you can use this to easily show who has called your script functions:
PHP Code:
echo("I am " getCallStackInfo()); 
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
thumbs up
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
There still seems to be the issue of joining a class to a scripted player object then being unable to be un-joined, which makes me hesitant to use the functionality as much as I'd like to as it results in more memory usage.

For example:

PHP Code:
temp.pl = new TServerPlayer(@ temp.account);
temp.pl.join("nameofclass");
temp.pl.someFunction();
temp.pl.leave("nameofclass");
temp.pl.destroy(); 
This will result in the class count still being included within the /stats RC message.

I did notice there was some new information within /stats too.
For example:

Quote:
Script engine: 1 event objects, 94 destroyed objects, 258 static objects, 503 global variables, 6 script machines
I wonder what it means exactly.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
6 script machines - maximum number of objects calling another object in a chain
258 static objects - TStaticVars
503 global variables - needs no explanation
94 destroyed objects - objects which were destroyed but other objects are still linking to it
1 event object - objects with a name which were destroyed (having event catchers which will be reapplied when the object is recreated)

These variables were previously only available to me but they can show when there is a problem (too many global variables or so).
Old 07-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
6 script machines - maximum number of objects calling another object in a chain
258 static objects - TStaticVars
503 global variables - needs no explanation
94 destroyed objects - objects which were destroyed but other objects are still linking to it
1 event object - objects with a name which were destroyed (having event catchers which will be reapplied when the object is recreated)

These variables were previously only available to me but they can show when there is a problem (too many global variables or so).
The amount of static objects and especially global variables seems much higher than it should be for us, unless a number of them are waiting on the garbage collector or something.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:33 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The amount of static objects and especially global variables seems much higher than it should be for us, unless a number of them are waiting on the garbage collector or something.
For comparison, here's Era with about 115 players online:

Quote:
Script engine: 0 event objects, 448 destroyed objects, 217 static objects, 5786 global variables, 7 script machines
Would be neat if there was some way to see more information about the global variables, I can't think of anything on Era that would be creating so many.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I can't think of anything on Era that would be creating so many.
Same, I hardly ever use global variables serverside except for system references.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Would be neat if there was some way to see more information about the global variables, I can't think of anything on Era that would be creating so many.
Aren't npcs created via putnpc assigned to some global variable (items, trash, etc)?