Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone PC
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 01:51 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually Zone still works fine, but there is no persistency, nothing for people to just hang around. It's all based around events. A server needs both, short-term fun and reasons to come back and build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
How about you remove those overpowered weapons on that terrible system you have then because all you've done for Zone so far has turned it into complete garbage.

The only person that ACTUALLY WANTS TOO AND CAN HELP Zone, and you're going to deny him that? He doesn't even want to remove the system, he wants to remove the weapons/ammo on it.

You introduced this "renting" system, which ultimately lead to the loss of rarity of the three event items (Blue/Red pistols, Reapers), not to mention the amount of spamming ETs did trying to keep a playercount.

You introduced observation mode, which is possibly the biggest reason to why we don't have a playercount anymore, and you decided to keep it on Zone until the damage had been done.

You introduced the Gelat shop, filled it items that originally were able to be bought for permanent use and added overpowered weapons to it.

You allowed Zone to be ran by corrupt, abusive, unqualified *******s who added to your destruction of the server, and I've pleaded to you several times when PowerProNL and Pez307 were running Zone.

So when you say you haven't had time, you really mean you don't want to clean up the mess you made, right?
Here, lemme bold the parts as to why the server became about events and not pvp, why it got stale and boring.

Zone does not work under this system you have, I know the PC version of Graal took a downfall, but Zone should atleast be putting out atleast 15 daily, it barely sees 5.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually Zone still works fine, but there is no persistency, nothing for people to just hang around. It's all based around events. A server needs both, short-term fun and reasons to come back and build.
Zone as a server works fine, but I agree -- there's nothing to make them stay. That's what we're trying to do. By the way, the "gelat shop removal" is a bit misleading; I intend to remove the ability for overpowered and game-breaking weapons to be bought from the gelat shop. I propose only subtle upgrades (like I mentioned earlier; Stronger ammunition at the expense of distance, etc).

Zone iPhone is great, but you must realize that not everyone has an iPhone. Many players still actively play on Graal PC, so why not make the PC version just as popular as the iPhone version?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
Zone iPhone is great, but you must realize that not everyone has an iPhone. Many players still actively play on Graal PC, so why not make the PC version just as popular as the iPhone version?
I'm sorry, but how are you still confused at what exactly Stefan is wanting to do?

He wants to (I'm assuming he still does) wants to replace this Zone with the iPhone version of Zone across everything and make it one server.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
If there are p2p guns that give players advantages then no one will play Zone on Graal (of course the iZone would still be popular, kids will buy anything these days).
The fad-like domination of cash-shop payment systems is increasing, but developers model them wrong, resulting in the fun-kill, and thats the beginning of the games end!

It always depends on what target area you're focusing, and clearly, the simpliest is to attract the ones that have high consumption tendencies/ easily distracted/addicted people in a consistent manner, instead of creating a different more efficient model that succeeds in a long-term lucrative way.

Obviously it requires a certain level of empathy skill to build up such, with the important key factors given...

You just have to see things as a big construct without being clumsy and losing clear sight and control of details and bringing it to an even state that is multifunctional and compatible with other specific classes.

Practical fact: children and adults don't pay for something that is not useful on their behalf in a satisfactiory way for them to release enough neurotransmitters to enhance "fun" activities they find liberating depending on individual situations.

Empirial question: Why should I pay for something that makes no sense for me? In this case, why buy an overpowered gun that lasts for 30 days that gives me a temporary interactive advantage to kill others that are not on my level.

Probably the empowering feeling that seems to satisfy the desire of attention in real life or ingame. To be "cool".

Nuf' said, before I write more stupid stuff...

Old 10-06-2011, 12:27 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Gunbound had a "pay to win" model and what happened? GB NA and GB EU shutdown, while the international version is ridden with unbalance and a dwindling playercount.

HoN went for a "pay for aesthetics" model where you can buy custom announcer packs, hero skins, etc, and guess what? It's going great. I believe LoL has the same system and that hit over a million players.

Both games are free to play, but it's impossible to do good on Gunbound without spending money. You could download hacks and you'll still lose because it's that unbalanced. No system should ever give players an advantage by spending money.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
Would be nice to see a more intuitive ranking system, more unlocks,.
dis
Old 10-08-2011, 03:16 AM
SWIMGHOSTPURRP
swimdude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by destructo104 View Post
My dear friend this is a VIDEO game. Anything can be added into it such as zombies as long as it fits in with the server theme. Like he said expect a change not the same old zone. :P
This guy must be new to call zone just a video game.

Zone has LAWS I hope you know that , Im 2 lazy to reply to anyone else

EDIT:half you people dont even play zone , or you haven't played it long enough to even be good.

Ill reply to this 2

Quote:
If there are p2p guns that give players advantages then no one will play Zone on Graal (of course the iZone would still be popular, kids will buy anything these days).
Not true , I've played for about 6 years now and P2P weps never bothered me . The server NEEDS support .. Its like having Ads on youtube ... It CAN'T GO WITHOUT IT , even if the money isnt needed like that still ... And the advantage of a p2p shop wep is completely nothing compared to skills FACTS.

Thank you Stefan .
Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 AM
The Forum Bandit
Someone is being a huge egotistical kiss ass right now.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdude View Post
Not true , I've played for about 6 years now and P2P weps never bothered me . The server NEEDS support .. Its like having Ads on youtube ... It CAN'T GO WITHOUT IT , even if the money isnt needed like that still ... And the advantage of a p2p shop wep is completely nothing compared to skills FACTS.

Thank you Stefan .
Cool, they did bother 95% of the playercount which ended up quiting though. Pay to win weapons still give the player an advatange, whether gamebreaking or minor. We're not saying to remove the gelat shop alltogether, we're saying to remove pay to win weapons from the gelat shop. Cash shops should only be used for aesthetics, not for power. This is basic balance. FACTS.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 PM
The Forum Bandit
lolwut
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 AM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
lolllllllll dat blue wizard
Old 10-10-2011, 02:51 AM
The Forum Bandit
dead serious, thought you died
Old 10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
MrDunne is on a distinguished road
So which one's Ooola?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Cool, they did bother 95% of the playercount which ended up quiting though. Pay to win weapons still give the player an advatange, whether gamebreaking or minor. We're not saying to remove the gelat shop alltogether, we're saying to remove pay to win weapons from the gelat shop. Cash shops should only be used for aesthetics, not for power. This is basic balance. FACTS.
id rep you, if it was possible to rep you more.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
The unfortunate thing is that while you may indeed be correct, few games actually heed the wisdom of your comment. Pay-2-Win is a standard reflected in the greed of most societies.