Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 12:38 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
However, back on target. Sorry to hear Zao has resigned as manager.
Lets start the voting.

I vote for Blue, since he's the only one who isn't totally ignorant/has any alternate agenda as far as player relations go.

Since he will inevitably say no a 4th time, I'll write-in myself as VP.

Melon-Cat 2014
Old 05-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Lets start the voting.

I vote for Blue, since he's the only one who isn't totally ignorant/has any alternate agenda as far as player relations go.

Since he will inevitably say no a 4th time, I'll write-in myself as VP.

Melon-Cat 2014
Blues a good guy. However, he has already rejected many times i believe? We need somebody who wants to do it and be counted for.

Blue is a good development admin when he's motivated but that's about it. He'd be a good manager if he was determined but sadly he isn't.

I am not God and can't decide who should be manager but if i was to vote and give my best of wishes to. Would be Amsel. He wants to do it & is willing to listen to people.

He also has a good plan. Let him have a shot i say.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:42 PM
BigMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have enough time to show all the mistakes in here, so I picked 4

Quote:
He used to be better than me at sparring, this statement is therefore true.
However I did win this Ironman and I have positive gang stats.

Quote:
This thread wasn't and isn't to bash anyone. I believe era's future lies within ALL of our hands, not just staff. We all play a huge part. This is why we need to get along.
All that I ever done and pretty much all other developers is too WORK like real work just without the payment part. I did alot of things even when I had barely time or no interest in doing them, just for the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
If you guys want change on era then everybody just quit and go play another server until they want to listen to you guys.
This will just lead to less development because the only motivation to develop is to make players happy, but if nobody plays then nobody will do anything.

Quote:
I even got told by an admin that "Zao is a facist, he doesn't and wont have a co-manager, because he doesn't want a threat to his position, he is german afterall" Those were the words.
This is either sarcasm or pure racism? However since the topic is about dictatorship I will still answer.
I didn't have a Co-Manager because I had 2 Server Admins already, which is pretty much the same as Co-Manager.
Was or is Era a dictatorship? I was able to do anything at anytime without fearing consequences BUT I always discussed topics with others before doing them. Thats the point.
Every (major) decision was discussed and NOT just a random thought from me.
HighCouncil: Ice, Blu, Alf, Amsel, Name (Atleast 3 were asked for every big topic).
Additional consultants: Seth and exceptional PKers for gang related stuff and Loga for player related stuff.
-> Era was definitly no dictatorship in the last 9months.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Exactly why i want to give the players more influence & pressure on staff to get the changes they want.

Welcome to = Democracy.
I know what Democracy is, but you realize most of the players don't care to actively voice themselves when put on the line other than to complain about a negative issue. Pressuring the staff doesn't mean they'll do the job better, it just means they'll be more pressured. Staff have to learn how to communicate better with players and construct a better social structure in which a form such as Democracy can actually hold its ground in the game's design, which takes a lot of planning, time and experimentation for Era in its current state, because Democracy is about talking about both the positive and negative on-goings within the system it's there for to properly handle it the way as many of the active participants can be happy with.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:33 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Why not change things around and pick a Noob. I remember Chrisz era he hired Ningnong as a asst manager with only 2 hours on the server. I wish Skyld would come back and take manager i would go for that
Old 05-31-2014, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMonster View Post
I don't have enough time to show all the mistakes in here, so I picked 4

All that I ever done and pretty much all other developers is too WORK like real work just without the payment part. I did alot of things even when I had barely time or no interest in doing them, just for the players.

This will just lead to less development because the only motivation to develop is to make players happy, but if nobody plays then nobody will do anything.

This is either sarcasm or pure racism? However since the topic is about dictatorship I will still answer.
I didn't have a Co-Manager because I had 2 Server Admins already, which is pretty much the same as Co-Manager.
Was or is Era a dictatorship? I was able to do anything at anytime without fearing consequences BUT I always discussed topics with others before doing them. Thats the point.
Every (major) decision was discussed and NOT just a random thought from me.
HighCouncil: Ice, Blu, Alf, Amsel, Name (Atleast 3 were asked for every big topic).
Additional consultants: Seth and exceptional PKers for gang related stuff and Loga for player related stuff.
Like i said, it didn't come from me. It came from one of your admins. Was was only repeating what he told me.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:48 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMonster View Post

Ironman has never meant anything. It just shows you're better at selected events than the players currently online. Anyone can win any of them under the right conditions (like me and gravity race, should there be no one else online).

Hell, Nick won it twice in a row by grabbing a lucky block and not having to spar against Corey one time or the other.

Anyone with a gun, or access to p4's should have positive gang stats. You still lost the betspar 3-0.
-----

Time for my rant:

Era's never been a dictatorship since the Manager never even has all the power. Now don't get me started on the PWA... (I'm totally joking guys, we fam).

But really, the position has been more of a babysittership in recent memory, the same general team has just held it for almost 4 years now since we routed the Chris Vimes regime (high5 Zeus). And no Manager themselves has gone in with the eagerness to build their own team, or make the big calls and mix things up. It's mostly just been a rotating door of monotony with some freelance spice of the Coders that have been around the entire time doing solo projects.
Ex;
-Gang system? Alfonso with assistance of Rogue & Wil... Vulcan hadn't even logged in for 2 months.
-New Bases/Raiding/Everything assigned to above? Wil, Blonkt, & I dev servered all that **** under their nose, I forget who gave us access.
-New Gmap? Mesh & Rogue... Tim was doing idk... we were locked away on a dev server.
-Southridge? Rogue, Steven_Hess, a few other level/dev artists doing their own little corner... the punchline is MD was sitting in his office USDing.
-Quests? Fewyn/Klayton & Catmater did 'em with Blue and probably Tim... MD still in the office, I was busy finding the logs that got him fired or I might have been helping my bro Fewyn.
-Betflipping? Fidel & I invented it, Bluemelon coded it... Zach was making youtube videos with his guitar.
-Achievement System? Sage solo'd it, I stepped up to help him fill it out, no one else could be bothered that's why it's useless today... Fidel was idk skyping me about how the Grizz are gonna win it all. Steph Curry.
-Entirely New/Old Business System? Moon got the backups and I spent literally 30 straight hours compiling information for every single gun/melee/bomb 2x over (there were a lot more guns then...) and compounding it for probably 4-8 materials per gun, with their own 6? separate properties. I don't even remember the 8 hours doing the shops themselves... but nobody ever saw this cause Zach got mad at Blue one night or something and everything Moon had ever touched got deleted off the server and Blue quit for a weekend. Sorry guys.
-Inventory/Mall/Tutorial/Everything else Tim has done on his own including stepping up to try out my Gang Draft concept... where da managers?
-Client Filebrower/Daily Rewards(You're welcome GK)/Among the millions of gadgets the rocking Azul Melon has gifted Era on his own time... normally resulted from a good spamming from yours truly.
-Gun Skins/Mucho Developmentos from my favorite Mexican whenever he's offered tacobell http://imgur.com/ECUfQUJ. (Yes that was about 4 monitors ago)

God, I could go for hours.
-----

Basically what I'm trying to get at, and I'm sure you can all see the trending theme here, is the recent Managers (I'm avoiding the word never) rarely had anything to do with the product that is the Era you all enjoy today based on the most recent updates. So.. I don't get why this thread matters?

@PWA
A new approach should be taken with this position rather than just phoning the next babysitter when the previous one calls out sick. Get someone who will bring in new teams, new ideas, and actually make something out of the server; rather than banking on the last 50~ average playercount to stay with this new babysitter... cause you're already down to half in just 2 years of this tomfoolery.

Idk, maybe I'm just too volatile or something.
Cat out-

Last edited by Supaman771; 05-31-2014 at 07:05 AM..
Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 AM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
If the Heat win again...
Old 05-31-2014, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Ironman has never meant anything. It just shows you're better at selected events than the players currently online. Anyone can win any of them under the right conditions (like me and gravity race, should there be no one else online).

Hell, Nick won it twice in a row by grabbing a lucky block and not having to spar against Corey one time or the other.

Anyone with a gun, or access to p4's should have positive gang stats. You still lost the betspar 3-0.
-----

Time for my rant:

Era's never been a dictatorship since the Manager never even has all the power. Now don't get me started on the PWA... (I'm totally joking guys, we fam).

But really, the position has been more of a babysittership in recent memory, the same general team has just held it for almost 4 years now since we routed the Chris Vimes regime (high5 Zeus). And no Manager themselves has gone in with the eagerness to build their own team, or make the big calls and mix things up. It's mostly just been a rotating door of monotony with some freelance spice of the Coders that have been around the entire time doing solo projects.
Ex;
-Gang system? Alfonso with assistance of Rogue & Wil... Vulcan hadn't even logged in for 2 months.
-New Bases/Raiding/Everything assigned to above? Wil, Blonkt, & I dev servered all that **** under their nose, I forget who gave us access.
-New Gmap? Mesh & Rogue... Tim was doing idk... we were locked away on a dev server.
-Southridge? Rogue, Steven_Hess, a few other level/dev artists doing their own little corner... the punchline is MD was sitting in his office USDing.
-Quests? Fewyn/Klayton & Catmater did 'em with Blue and probably Tim... MD still in the office, I was busy finding the logs that got him fired or I might have been helping my bro Fewyn.
-Betflipping? Fidel & I invented it, Bluemelon coded it... Zach was making youtube videos with his guitar.
-Achievement System? Sage solo'd it, I stepped up to help him fill it out, no one else could be bothered that's why it's useless today... Fidel was idk skyping me about how the Grizz are gonna win it all. Steph Curry.
-Entirely New/Old Business System? Moon got the backups and I spent literally 30 straight hours compiling information for every single gun/melee/bomb 2x over (there were a lot more guns then...) and compounding it for probably 4-8 materials per gun, with their own 6? separate properties. I don't even remember the 8 hours doing the shops themselves... but nobody ever saw this cause Zach got mad at Blue one night or something and everything Moon had ever touched got deleted off the server and Blue quit for a weekend. Sorry guys.
-Inventory/Mall/Tutorial/Everything else Tim has done on his own including stepping up to try out my Gang Draft concept... where da managers?
-Client Filebrower/Daily Rewards(You're welcome GK)/Among the millions of gadgets the rocking Azul Melon has gifted Era on his own time... normally resulted from a good spamming from yours truly.
-Gun Skins/Mucho Developmentos from my favorite Mexican whenever he's offered tacobell http://imgur.com/ECUfQUJ. (Yes that was about 4 monitors ago)

God, I could go for hours.
-----

Basically what I'm trying to get at, and I'm sure you can all see the trending theme here, is the recent Managers (I'm avoiding the word never) rarely had anything to do with the product that is the Era you all enjoy today based on the most recent updates. So.. I don't get why this thread matters?

@PWA
A new approach should be taken with this position rather than just phoning the next babysitter when the previous one calls out sick. Get someone who will bring in new teams, new ideas, and actually make something out of the server; rather than banking on the last 50~ average playercount to stay with this new babysitter... cause you're already down to half in just 2 years of this tomfoolery.

Idk, maybe I'm just too volatile or something.
Cat out-
Betflipping. I had actually made a ticket about it and offered you to betflip your pbp (which i won) You can replace fidels name with mine. Just sayin'
Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I also made the business system twice. The first version used the transparent black GUI and was overall confusing to use. The current version has an improved layout.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:05 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Betflipping. I had actually made a ticket about it and offered you to betflip your pbp (which i won) You can replace fidels name with mine. Just sayin'
Trim quote pls just to what you respond to. <3

But no, me and Fidel invented that ****, we commandeered shrimps island house and sat on a rug in an empty ass room with Nas and some other guys we PM'd betflipping in rounds of 3.

After that (fidel won all my ****) we took it to the streets so I could get rich again, Tre got involved and eventually I bet-flipped you too (with a PR since Tre refused to pay... he still owes me a SMGPK).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I also made the business system twice. The first version used the transparent black GUI and was overall confusing to use. The current version has an improved layout.
Yes, yes... many of Rocking Tim things, we know. That's all just more reasons behind my point. I more or less just listed the big things I see daily/was apart of to personally describe.

Melon-Cat 2014

Last edited by Supaman771; 05-31-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Old 05-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Trim quote pls just to what you respond to. <3

But no, me and Fidel invented that ****, we commandeered shrimps island house and sat on a rug in an empty ass room with Nas and some other guys we PM'd betflipping in rounds of 3.

After that (fidel won all my ****) we took it to the streets so I could get rich again, Tre got involved and eventually I bet-flipped you too (with a PR since Tre refused to pay... he still owes me a SMGPK).

Melon-Cat 2014
Oh yeah, I remember that, man even that one time in PyroTech that random noob took me for 1mil.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Couldn't agree more with Rogues post, the management position is thrown around a lot.

I think we can all agree that most, if not all the people who post on the forums just want to see this game shine again. Something we haven't seen in a long time is a manager who actually posts and takes this forum seriously. I saw Amsel posting quite a bit recently, that shows me there is light at the end of the tunnel, atleast for now.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Simply: Dictatorships work.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 06-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Simply: Dictatorships work.
If you believe so then please provide evidence? Give examples of how it's turned Graal PC into a wonderful game?

From the years I've played era i see a massive decline in everything. If dictatorship works like you say it does then surely things would have been growing and improving all those years instead of declining?