Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Hiring for Unholy Nation
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Unholy Nation hiring for iUN Development

Hello, fellow Graalians. Unholy Nation is now hiring ALL developmental positions, in preparations for our massive overhaul, and re-creating of a new, improved Unholy Nation.

According to our current plans, we are keeping much of the overworld. It will all be placed differently on an entirely new gmap. As for systems and coding, we plan to scrap about 99% of the server. Why? Well that's quite a simple answer. UN's systems are crappy, outdated, and poorly secured. If we plan to succeed as an iOS/Facebook server, we need systems that can handle those platforms, handle a playercount larger than 30-40, and efficiently log all needed activities on the server. Many of you look at UN as a server run by corruption, and lazy trolls. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, that's quite true, unfortunately. I'm here to clean that garbage up, and make UN an enjoyable, successful server that it once was.

Now, I know rescripting an entire server isn't going to be easily tackled, and not many people out there really want to tackle a project of this magnitude for such a dying server. I'm willing to offer USD payments, PER PROJECT.

If anybody is interested in helping progress UN, and get paid for doing it, please contact me via Forum PM, In-Game Forum PM (Stowen), eMail (listed below), or simply logging in and contact me if I'm online.

As for the other developmental positions, I MAY offer USD payments for specific projects, such as setting up a new gmap and populating it with our current levels, massive gani projects, or even large quantity graphical projects. Again, if anybody is interested please use the methods above to contact me. I look forward to hearing from some of you.

My email is: [email protected].

Thank you,
Stowen & UN Management
Unholy Nation is my home.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:36 PM
samich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to samich
I'd be willing to lend a hand
Old 07-17-2014, 12:08 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Sounds like there's going to be one massive server for both PC and iOS/Facebook/Android, no? If so, that's really good news and a step in the right direction for Graal.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I hope all goes well. Delteria recently did something similar and they have a respectable player count. They hold there own against pc-only servers like Era and Zodiac. I say pc-only because era pc and iera are not currently linked (to my knowledge).

Question tho, why scrap all the levels too? I often suggest against servers starting from scratch if it's not even close to the original server. But only because so much hard work being done to complete something 99% different is about the same as a from the ground up new server.

I do see cross-platform as being a great way to go. Focusing only on iOS, Facebook or Android just doesn't make sense. I don't have the consistent internet access or time to offer to help tho, or I would. I was supposed to be helping out on Delteria but I had to shut my internet off and using my neighbors results in the internet being up for several minutes at a time before crashing

I wish you guys the best of luck and I do like some of the updates you guys have been doing. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
i should have joined detleria

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
I really do want to see this take off. I think UN would do great. I also think it should keep at least a FEW old levels, for the sake of nostalgia, but you've got an open canvas otherwise.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:22 AM
Graalian since '01
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
I really do want to see this take off. I think UN would do great. I also think it should keep at least a FEW old levels, for the sake of nostalgia, but you've got an open canvas otherwise.
Let me clarify, guys; We are not scrapping the levels. We are merely relocating them on a new gmap. Similar to the way UN's current gmap was organized. It will be the same levels, just a new and improved layout.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowen View Post
Let me clarify, guys; We are not scrapping the levels. We are merely relocating them on a new gmap. Similar to the way UN's current gmap was organized. It will be the same levels, just a new and improved layout.
That clears it up. We figured that the levels accounted for more then the 1% not being scrapped.. I have been pretty pleased with the direction UN is heading.. seriously keep up the work guys we know it's a lot of work but we really appreciate it.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Some players are currently unable to log into Unholy Nation apparently.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
i am fabulous
Old 11-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Graalian since '01
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
Some players are currently unable to log into Unholy Nation apparently.
As of right now, UN has disabled Guest Accounts to combat a growing problem with hackers. Player's logging in using the "Guest" feature will not be able to access UN, instead they should sign up for a free account. Observer Mode has been removed from most of Graal, according to Unixmad.

Also, if a Player is receiving a disconnection notice of "UNKNOWN ERROR" or "Please close any hacking tools before logging in to UN" it is because they are either using Relay, have weapons on the clientside that do not belong, or are missing weapons on the clientside that are needed to enjoy UN's vast majority of NPCs and quests. The disconnection attempts to re-add the missing weapons, otherwise they will continue to be disconnected until Relay is closed.