Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Maloria Updates

I will use this thread to post updates that we consider worth mentioning. I'd also appreciate any kind of suggestions and criticism. To get started, I'd like to share the latest things we've implemented:

Hotkeys! - http://www.maloria.com/showthread.php?tid=7525

Quote:
You can currently bind items and skills to certain keys. Any key should work, except the default ones assigned in your F3 menu, and keys used for some GUI's on Maloria.

Here's how it works:
  1. Press a key once (don't hold it down)
  2. Ctrl + left click once on an item or skill
  3. Congratulations! You just bound the item/skill if the key wasn't reserved.

Doing the same thing unbinds it, but you can just as easily just bind something else to the same key to overwrite it.

Numbered keys automatically show on the hotbar, at least 1-9. Non-passive skills (Melee, Ranged, Magic, Mining, Crafting etc.) automatically get added on the hotbar if there's an available slot. You can also move around things on the hotbar itself by dragging the icons.

We also changed the constant 5 second regeneration of health and mana. Now you have to actively use a skill, and while you remain in place, you regenerate 10% health/mana every 5 seconds. Makes it a lot less overpowered and ensures regeneration mainly occuring out of combat.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-26-2010, 01:44 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
You now regenerate 2% HP/MP passively while not resting instead of not at all.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Master of Puppets
Hey nice, I forgot to post stuff in this thread, my bad. Anyways, yesterday I contacted Tig about going Classic. He liked what he saw and thought our chances were good, so I asked him to talk to the rest of the PWA about it - so I suppose that means we've now applied for Classic status.

We have a few more things we know we want to get done before that happens, but at least now we're almost there.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Awesome news !
Old 01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Master of Puppets
Any kind of of suggestions or bug reports would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
very well done guys, you deserve it
Old 01-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
This is amazing .
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
A few small things after my play-through.

1. Cave area was dark, couldn't really make out where the doors were.
2. Make it possible to Accept/Decline Quests with the Keyboard or at least being able to accept and turn in by pressing enter.
3. Maybe update the.. Turn 'quest name' into this guy. text.
4. Do something different with nicknames and levels underneath the baddies and other players. In most cases it just seems unnecessary unless the NPC is attached to a quest or similar.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
4. Do something different with nicknames and levels underneath the baddies and other players. In most cases it just seems unnecessary unless the NPC is attached to a quest or similar.
Care to elaborate on that?

Old 01-03-2011, 01:45 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Well it just seems unnecessary to have

Nickname
(Level X)

under nearly every 'live' NPC.

Perhaps behavior like..

If you're on a quest killing blobs, it would show their nickname as a visual cue for players to kill it.

When you enter the room or they become visible to the player, display their nickname then fade it away after a few seconds.

or just a way to toggle it.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Master of Puppets
I think a way to toggle it would be the best, but at the same time force display it for stuff you need for quests. I'll look into it, cheers.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:08 AM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Great news!!

I'll be looking forward for that day.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Congratulations to Maloria. I pray it stays around.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Could you make spell icons on the hotbar draggable like the skill icons?

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Could you make spell icons on the hotbar draggable like the skill icons?
Done. Just a misconfiguration from my part.