Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I feel like one of the big attractions of Graal Kingdoms was the community - the gameplay was fun... not spectacular, but fun. The community drove a lot of consumption - kingdom wars needed gear for players, players needed houses to store gear, and the market had people fighting over items based on quality and rarity.

That bubble burst. I don't know exactly when it burst, but it's gone. There were two big factors, one was the graal exodus. People left and the community thinned out... this threw everything out of balance. Rare gear became ultra rare. The wealth and opportunity which was spread across several players or even kingdoms was now focused to only a hand full of players and there were very few people left to introduce new players to GK - or entice them to stay.

The second is probably the most detrimental over time; Stefan stopped developing on GK. For a long time Stefan was active in the every day development of GK which allowed easy updates to the locked down mudlib. Without this level of support development becomes difficult and in some scenarios impractical.

I am hoping GK will be able to go "classic" so that the P2P limitations won't stop anyone from playing. Realistically I cannot see more than 50+ players returning but some life is better than none.

The current development is going to be a great help if the switch to "classic" will coincide with the release - but that's out of our hands and at the sole discretion of Stefan & Stephane. I am happy to have played a part in GK while it was still active, both as a developer and an administrator.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The current development is going to be a great help if the switch to "classic" will coincide with the release - but that's out of our hands and at the sole discretion of Stefan & Stephane. I am happy to have played a part in GK while it was still active, both as a developer and an administrator.
Any announced date for when it will become classic? Hopefully it will help bring, some players back. It would be cool to have updates ready when it does go classic to draw more attention.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Any announced date for when it will become classic? Hopefully it will help bring, some players back. It would be cool to have updates ready when it does go classic to draw more attention.
As I said previously, the decision is in the hands of Cyberjoueurs; I can't make comments on their behalf.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Out of curiousity: who's doing the balancing? I'd be happy to help out with tuning or at least giving an opinion on it.
I am sure we can use your knowledge of the game to help balance out items. Once we actually start changing things I will message you.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Those 10 or so people that actively pay for gold apparently make it worth keeping gold. As a consumer just simply stop paying. The server will either die or changes will be made to hopefully generate a bit of revenue.

Making the server classic with micro transactions is a good option.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
Those 10 or so people that actively pay for gold apparently make it worth keeping gold. As a consumer just simply stop paying. The server will either die or changes will be made to hopefully generate a bit of revenue.

Making the server classic with micro transactions is a good option.
Well development is being done. We are working on a couple of different things. These of course will take some time before they are released though. We are all hoping that the server will go classic as well.