Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
Europa

Original thread deleted due to excessive spam. And the conspiracies having been subsided.

Europa

Europa has been under construction again since a few days ago, and I will utilize this thread to announce any updates and changes. If you'd like, you can leave your feedback, critisism, advice, opinions, or anything right here.

I am still following the same concepts I've presented in the original hirings thread. Although, I am slowly steering away from the 'classic' feel and more towards an RPG style. This brings me to the newest update; the three classes. The soldier, the assassin and the sorcerer. Everyone will start out as a traveller, and as time goes on they get to choose to develop themselves in either one of the three classes, more in depth info about this soon.

I've made a few hats for each class to give you a general idea of how they will look like:

I've also finished the 'OSL' of Europa - The Westonia Inn!

And lastly, the new clothing/tailor shop.
(the sketchy fountain is temporary).

Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
This looks like the best thing I've seen in a long while. The art style is amazing!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:14 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinka View Post
And lastly, the new clothing/tailor shop.
(the sketchy fountain is temporary).

You should make the globe on the fountain animated/gani so it will be moving would look cool
Old 06-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
This looks like the best thing I've seen in a long while. The art style is amazing!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
You should make the globe on the fountain animated/gani so it will be moving would look cool
Nice idea.. I'm definitly going to consider animating a fountain. Not this ugly fountain though, I'm deleting it a.s.a.p.

I've been working on a GUI/HUD tonight, any opinions/feedback?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

simply beautiful

maybe put notches/lines on the health/magic bars (like a thermometer) to have "exact" measurements of remaining points? I'm not a fan of having eyeball my health bar to know how many more hits will kill me.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Way too big. User interface is one place you should try and be minimal.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
simply beautiful

maybe put notches/lines on the health/magic bars (like a thermometer) to have "exact" measurements of remaining points? I'm not a fan of having eyeball my health bar to know how many more hits will kill me.
I'm not sure if I would like to slice it up in increments , instead I think putting in #/# hp as text in the bars would be a nice solution, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Are you sure? Perhaps it just looks big because the picture it's in is very small? On my macbook 1280x800 screen it really doesn't take up that much space in the left upper corner.

I understand what you're saying though, I don't like clogged interfaces either. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and to fit the server's style, maybe that's why I subconsciously made it bigger than normal.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
I'm not sure if I would like to slice it up in increments , instead I think putting in #/# hp as text in the bars would be a nice solution, don't you think?

Are you sure? Perhaps it just looks big because the picture it's in is very small? On my macbook 1280x800 screen it really doesn't take up that much space in the left upper corner.

I understand what you're saying though, I don't like clogged interfaces either. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and to fit the server's style, maybe that's why I subconsciously made it bigger than normal.
make it just a tad smaller
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinka View Post
i've been working on a gui/hud tonight, any opinions/feedback?

i love you thats so nice
Old 06-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
I like it but it's huge and I don't know if it's just a coincidence or your image caused it but my nose started randomly bleeding while I was reading this thread.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Banned
Alright Cube's bleeding nose convinced me, I scaled the HUD down to 75% and positioned it in the upper left corner. Any better?

Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Banned
HUD in place with the #/# hp&mp I mentioned earlier. Also the new building I'm working on, the 'Auction House'.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I like it. Maybe you should set own letters somehow. That normal 1 doesn´t seem to fit the theme
Old 06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
At the moment it is an npc with an image in a level. I expect the end result will be smaller. But, yes if it where to be that big you should downsize it. I think its great Vinka well done!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
At the moment it is an npc with an image in a level. I expect the end result will be smaller. But, yes if it where to be that big you should downsize it. I think its great Vinka well done!
Quote:
HUD in place with the #/# hp&mp I mentioned earlier. Also the new building I'm working on, the 'Auction House'.