Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Recent Update: Mr. Guess!

(Here's a recent update on Graal Kingdoms that doesn't appear to have a forum announcement.)

Find the mysterious Mr. Guess hidden somewhere across main island for a chance at receiving cool items!

What we know about Mr. Guess:

- He only appears on main island (Hotaru/Noob Island included)
- He only appears outside (no inside levels)
- You only have 3 guesses before he disappears, moving to a new location

Thanks Maroku & Sky for adding yet another cool & fun activity to our beloved server

Old 06-19-2015, 09:29 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
video please
Old 06-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
or gif
Old 06-20-2015, 09:53 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Oh, so we had a world boss update (pk and level grinding)... and now were back to the item grinding.. I will exclude mining (even tho its just for items too) simply because it actually has a lot more potential then you think to be a huge game changer in core mechanics (not in current state)... Question tho? Is it possible to produce any updates that have literally nothing to do with getting items, leveling up, or events? Just saying you guys keep making those 3 distinct types of updates, doesn't seem to be wow'ing people over as well as other updates on other servers. Must be a reason.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Is it possible to produce any updates that have literally nothing to do with getting items, leveling up, or events?
All I can say as an active player here is the updates have definitely sparked some activity. People log on to actually DO something rather than idle in trade for hours; it's been exciting.

There's been a handful of changes with attack-types.

- Fear duration increased
- Slow potency increased (Props to Maroku on this one, as he had to re-code from scratch)
- Blind was made useful again
- Confusion appears to register proper hit direction now

And the possibility of acid, paralyze and a few other types are in the works. I think Maroku is working on a Quest System and some other projects at the moment.

I for one can say I've been very impressed by how much Sky/Maroku have been able to accomplish on their own in such a short period of time. Hopefully more will jump on board

Old 06-20-2015, 12:16 PM
Da conq
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
video please
Oh sry, here you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Old 06-21-2015, 05:27 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
I tried to get Sky to let me have access to edit and improve the inventory windows and such, and he did not give me access.

The inventory window has been virtually unchanged since 2002, which is a big issue. I remember back in 2003 with my 18 inch CRT monitor, and the inventory covered more than a 1/4th of my screen. Now I have a 37 inch TV Screen that's 1920 x 1080 and it's just a pain in the ass to look at and the tiny amount of items you can view at any time is annoying also. I've made some edit items for the inventory, because I believe that would help with game play and make things a lot easier.

Let's make things people actually see on a daily basis. What about the health, grace, mana and food bars in the top right? Again, I feel this needs to be updated in the sense that IT IS WAAAY TOO TINY. Blow those things up, or give us options to.

I've spoke about this before in quite a few threads. We need things based on game mechanics to be fixed before adding new content.

Love the new content though, not gonna lie.

AGAIN, ADDED IMAGE IS A 5 SECOND EDIT. THIS IS NOT BEING USED AT THE MOMENT.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
I tried to get Sky to let me have access to edit and improve the inventory windows and such, and he did not give me access.

The inventory window has been virtually unchanged since 2002, which is a big issue....[/IMG]
I stopped reading after that... Because no its not virtually unchanged. The sack width has been expanded to allow 3 rows instead of 2. The window also added a new item type, actually a few I believe such as masks and capes. They also added other stats such as luck to the GUI. They also changed how text displayed so it didn't overlap the exp part.

I wouldn't say unchanged, and virtually unchanged would still be a far far reach. It has changed since I started back in 2002/2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
All I can say as an active player here is the updates have definitely sparked some activity. People log on to actually DO something rather than idle in trade for hours; it's been exciting.

There's been a handful of changes with attack-types.

- Fear duration increased
- Slow potency increased (Props to Maroku on this one, as he had to re-code from scratch)
- Blind was made useful again
- Confusion appears to register proper hit direction now

And the possibility of acid, paralyze and a few other types are in the works. I think Maroku is working on a Quest System and some other projects at the moment.

I for one can say I've been very impressed by how much Sky/Maroku have been able to accomplish on their own in such a short period of time. Hopefully more will jump on board
Impressive job yes. Indeed. However, you just listed more pk based updates o.O... okay so we got run around and hit stuff like monsters and players.. lets call this pk for short.. so then we got leveling up in dungoeons, tigbot, new spells, new items.. Sorry to sound confused here but why no pride in the "puzzle" category? You know that basic stuff Graal used to have back in the day that hooked in thousands of players because puzzles are more addicting then running around and spamming the same key on a new object to attack it whether the object be a player or monster.. boring...

Also doesn't surprise me people are actually doing stuff. But your bending over backwards to benefit the same 13-20 people when I can guarantee if you checked how many unique IP addresses logged on gk you would see your pleasing the wrong people.

I also have this feeling by Quest System what you really mean is a bunch of boss's you pk and get prizes from like the crystal dungeon.

Last edited by scriptless; 06-21-2015 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
For the Mr. Guess. Does the number change each time you guess twice wrong or do you get 3 chances to guess for the same number, Then it changes and moves?
Old 06-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Update: You now have 1 chance to guess a number 1-1000000 but if you guess correctly you win a brand new Ice Cube with -40 str