Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old 10-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Boom!
Stephen's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,410
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Nothing is stopping players from taking the advertising upon themselves.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Nothing is stopping players from taking the advertising upon themselves.
I don't know about you but I'd be put off if the company running the game couldn't be assed to come up with their own advertisement or atleast provide something to advertise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Boom!
Stephen's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,410
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't know about you but I'd be put off if the company running the game couldn't be assed to come up with their own advertisement or atleast provide something to advertise.
Perhaps, but you're not really their demographic either. A few viral videos pushed into recognition by the community would be pretty effective.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:04 AM
DrakilorP2P DrakilorP2P is offline
Registered User
DrakilorP2P's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 755
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Nothing is stopping players from taking the advertising upon themselves.
luk at dis game.
its awesomesauce buy it lol xD
u can shot ppl!!!1

Attached will be a huge JPG-compressed snapshot of the author's screen, taken with a camera, where a small Graal window in the upper left corner is visible.

Last edited by DrakilorP2P; 10-19-2008 at 02:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-19-2008, 02:50 AM
Frankie Frankie is offline
xChugxLifex
Frankie's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,610
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
don't you think the community does enough for this game already?
__________________
*Sum41Freeeeek
*Frankie
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Perhaps, but you're not really their demographic either.
That has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
A few viral videos pushed into recognition by the community would be pretty effective.
How do you propose that one makes a "viral video" and in what way do you think community recognition would effect anything? You're not targeting the current community in advertising. If you believe that the current community would be the ones who produce and spread such videos in a viral marketing effect, you're very naive to this community and the outside market as viral marketing with the current players on Graal has not worked for years and will never work unless there's a reason to do so. This reason should not be provided by the community, because the community is not the ones who are making money out of this. If the administration are not going to place a little effort in to gain their bucks, then why the hell should anyone else?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-19-2008, 04:08 AM
CharlieM CharlieM is offline
Hired/Fired
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Places you dont want to go babe.
Posts: 1,834
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Someone mature should make a video advertising some servers highlights and stuff overall make it seem better then it really is
__________________


"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Boom!
Stephen's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,410
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
That has nothing to do with anything.
I'm not sure I can agree - their key demographic, based on my personal research, is younger than he is. With that in mind I don't think they would be as easily influenced by something as abstract as he's suggesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
How do you propose that one makes a "viral video" and in what way do you think community recognition would effect anything? You're not targeting the current community in advertising. If you believe that the current community would be the ones who produce and spread such videos in a viral marketing effect, you're very naive to this community and the outside market as viral marketing with the current players on Graal has not worked for years and will never work unless there's a reason to do so. This reason should not be provided by the community, because the community is not the ones who are making money out of this. If the administration are not going to place a little effort in to gain their bucks, then why the hell should anyone else?
Most user-generated mediums on the internet rely on user-activity to drive the popularity of the content. We use our users to drive the user-activity on our videos. This may be enough to increase their popularity so that people, outside of our community, take more notice to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Someone mature should make a video advertising some servers highlights and stuff overall make it seem better then it really is
The interested parties should get together and discuss some topics, not individuals (imo).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Vima Vima is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 542
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't get them.

They are loosing players, no doubt about it.
We are warning them, they will lose more and more.
But they don't seem like they want to do anything to increase it.
We (players) are not the ones who should go and advertise GraalOnline, it's Stefan and his team!

and what are they doing? Making Graal availible for iPhones. LMAO!
__________________
*aka SwedishKing*
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Perhaps, but you're not really their demographic either. A few viral videos pushed into recognition by the community would be pretty effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm not sure I can agree - their key demographic, based on my personal research, is younger than he is.
You misunderstood me, I meant as a Graal player/developer who would be involved with creating such advertisement.
__________________

Last edited by Crono; 10-19-2008 at 04:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Horrified Horrified is offline
Rediculously inactive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 961
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
I think developers should work together instead of apart so that creation of new projects are easy as hell and people log on here and go, "Son of a *****, this community is awesome, look at all this content," and sign up.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Boom!
Stephen's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,410
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
They are loosing players, no doubt about it.
I don't really think so, from what I see their numbers are floating relatively even... so if they are losing members new ones are immediately filling their position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
We (players) are not the ones who should go and advertise GraalOnline, it's Stefan and his team!
Yea, they should be -- but they're not. Players could advertise very effectively if they make an effort to maintain their focus within groups like Youtube and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
and what are they doing? Making Graal availible for iPhones. LMAO!
You don't understand. Linux Cyberjoureurs are trying to get the interest of larger parties - gaming companies - so they can either license the Graal Online engine to them or outright sell it.

Also, while it may not occur to you, the iPhone is a pretty decent medium to put Graal Online into. It will likely do advertising on it's own -- if people actually play it (which I doubt).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You misunderstood me, I meant as a Graal player/developer who would be involved with creating such advertisement.
That's true, but you're also not moaning about it like everyone else - as though they're helplessly at the mercy of Linux Cyberjoureurs. It's really not that hard to hold an effective advertising campaign, even one which would appear professional. Utilities like Google Adwords makes the life of an advertiser much easier.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Elk Elk is offline
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deerland
Posts: 3,829
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Players should not advertise for graal but for their own playerworld (referring to Manager)
Zodiac should have a Marketing team that advertises for Zodiac throughout the internet on Forums or something, for free that is, to get more players...advertising is so easy if you know how to..lol
__________________
iEra IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)
iCla. IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)
iZone IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)




Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Players should not advertise for graal but for their own playerworld (referring to Manager)
Zodiac should have a Marketing team that advertises for Zodiac throughout the internet on Forums or something, for free that is, to get more players...advertising is so easy if you know how to..lol
I like to hop on cam and do crazy stuff, it brings a lot of attention!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Elk Elk is offline
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deerland
Posts: 3,829
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Yea thats one way to advertisebut its not my cup of tea, crono! If you like doing stuff like that, it's your life
__________________
iEra IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)
iCla. IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)
iZone IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)




Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.