Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Talking of embarrassing though.. Lookup Easter egg (Media) on Wikipedia, if you still don't understand the context I was using it in after Dusty outlined it.
I made it clear I wasn't sure - it comes as no shock I was wrong

Sort if crappy that you ignored all the rest I posted, unrelated to the easteregg stuff.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
A proper easter egg of the Batmobile would be... say, a Catmobile, with a cat icon.

As for why, because when you see something called a Catmobile, you'll almost always think, HA! Batmobile. It's so obvious it's funny. There has to be an underlying message, pun, or humor behind an easter egg to give it reason rather than simply wanting to have something from another game.
Yeah I get what you mean actually. I just don't associate the Batmobile personally with Batman alone, because it's a sold out concept; they've had it in as easter eggs for those cars people collect, trains, tv shows, etc. There's a big list of that stuff on Wikipedia under Batmobile, "The Batmobile in popular culture".

I guess a good example of an easter egg in the gaming sense would be Konidias' *cough* Mario / Luigi / Wario / Waluigi outfits. Everyone has seen the outfits, they are not identical to the originals, but you can still see what they are supposed to represent. The hats are named "Cap of Stars (Red/Green/Yellow/Purple)" and the item descriptions are suggestive, "A red sturdy cap with a star emblem on the front; it makes you feel like jumping." etc. Another example of an easter egg on 2k1 is the description for the halo hat, "A floating golden ring discarded long ago by an angel.. just keep it away from fast moving hedgehogs." ..you get the point
Old 06-03-2008, 01:55 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
What does Google Map or 'swimming' have to do with easter eggs?
I already stated in my post you quoted that easter eggs are more often than not, hidden.
It wasn't about that; it's how you don't have to base it off of something else.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ya, I always loved those easter egg outfits on BI.

I can't really word what makes an easter egg different than just stealing it, but I'll stick to what I said before: you have to have some sort of underlying meaning to it, rather than just having it there because you want Mario on your server. Pay homage to the games, don't steal from them.

Too many easter eggs though can overpower original content, even if well-intentioned. If everyone is running around looking like Mario and Link, instead of wearing all the other original content, then you've got a problem.

I think the problem with the Gravity Hammer is that, as far as I know(admittedly, I don't play Zone so really don't know anything about the hammer), it's treated like every other weapon. There's no referencing to Halo 3 at all, there's no background story for it that honors Halo, and it's not really a novelty item. It looks the same, and more importantly, it's NAMED the same, there is no play on the name at all, which is a huge part of an easter egg. What would make the Gravity Hammer an easter egg item, rather than a stolen idea, would be to rename it to something like... Graviton Hammer, and give it a little story referencing Halo 3(like Rufus posted about the Mario hats, giving little details about who wears them[red meaning wanting to jump]).
Old 06-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It wasn't about that; it's how you don't have to base it off of something else.
We're talking about in games and media, and more specifically, items. Although... I still don't get your bit about Google Maps... and I don't consider it an easter egg... Not that what I said was any perfect definition of an easter egg.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:47 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We're talking about in games and media, and more specifically, items. Although... I still don't get your bit about Google Maps... and I don't consider it an easter egg... Not that what I said was any perfect definition of an easter egg.
Fair enough
Old 06-03-2008, 02:59 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What does Google Map or 'swimming' have to do with easter eggs?
I already stated in my post you quoted that easter eggs are more often than not, hidden.
I was under the impression that's what an easter egg was, a hidden treat. "Linken" in WoW is an easter egg, because it doesn't upfront resemble Link, but if you search for it, like you would eggs on easter, you'd see the resemblance.

But that's neither here nor now. UN's NPCs aren't easter eggs, they're just straight rip offs, especially the sounds.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:15 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I was under the impression that's what an easter egg was, a hidden treat. "Linken" in WoW is an easter egg, because it doesn't upfront resemble Link, but if you search for it, like you would eggs on easter, you'd see the resemblance.

But that's neither here nor now. UN's NPCs aren't easter eggs, they're just straight rip offs, especially the sounds.
Wasn't there a GS1 Dragonball-Z "Kamahah" floating around somewhere?

EDIT:

Who renamed this thread? GRAMMATICAL ERRUR
Old 06-03-2008, 03:19 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Wasn't there a GS1 Dragonball-Z "Kamahah" floating around somewhere?
On Delteria while ago, yeah. I'm pretty sure there were Chocobos ala Final Fantasy too, but maybe not just Delt.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 AM
the fake one
Quote:
On Delteria while ago, yeah. I'm pretty sure there were Chocobos ala Final Fantasy too, but maybe not just Delt.
Chocobos were removed from UN for copyright infringement I believe.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:51 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Remove one thing, add 7 more?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
uhmm is it just me or has graal coppied almost every T.V. show or game out there?
LOL you dont know where graal comes from do you?

Quote:
Zone-Gravity Hammer... wtf?? isnt that from Halo 3, and Graal's making money off of it selling it for gelats...
Ya Graal's looks so much like Halo's.

Quote:
Playeroworld-Heads- Ive seen spiderman heads,kirby,luigi,toad,dbz,naruto,pokemon, and even WILL SMITH?
lots more--
HAS YOU SEEN ZELDA ON GRAAL?????
Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Ya Graal's looks so much like Halo's.
It does though.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It does though.
Can I see a screenie? I didn't find anyone on Zone with it.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
They look exactly the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.png
Views:	534
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	44745