Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
i thought PWA's only dealt with bans? i don't play zodiac, but it was clear to me (and everyone) that fp4 is the reason that server is at the top. stefan is about to take a huge hit without him around.

EDIT: ohh...
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Obviously I do not want to discuss Fowlplay4's rap sheet because I find it disrespectful to do so, but he is in no way some angel that you all have painted him to be.
Rap sheet? Why don't you explain to the players of this community your rap sheet and how you used to be anti-graal?

^not illegal. So stop deleting my posts Tig & Gabe

Last edited by Sinkler; 08-08-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about
Nobody is painting him as an angel. We all know Jerret can be rude and abrasive.

That doesn't change the fact that in spite of his negative attributes, he is a very positive asset for Zodiac, and Graal in general, and removing him from Manager for his behavior is a poor judgment of value. I'd rather have an absolute jerk who's good at his job than some nice guy who's incompetent and untalented. Jerret was worth his negative qualities.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
There's no denying that he is, in some limited sense, an asset to the community.
That's some bold understatement.

Don Hertzfeldt <3

Last edited by Sinkler; 08-08-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Former Manager of Val
WarriorCam will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WarriorCam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
Nobody is painting him as an angel. We all know Jerret can be rude and abrasive.

That doesn't change the fact that in spite of his negative attributes, he is a very positive asset for Zodiac, and Graal in general, and removing him from Manager for his behavior is a poor judgment of value. I'd rather have an absolute jerk who's good at his job than some nice guy who's incompetent and untalented. Jerret was worth his negative qualities.
To be fair to the PWAs, the rules should apply to all regardless of their level of development talent. I have no idea what the real deal is with Jerret though, just saying.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Why don't these rules apply to Chris Vimes?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
On the subject of Triple_Combo I hear that she was flaunting her USD'ing. Apparently people who do their job get punished for it.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Who gives a **** about how he works on the forums? Seriously? You just banned probably the greatest scripter on Graal, who has been the living soul of the Scripting Forums for years.

Perhaps instead of firing people who actually help Graal, we should be focused on firing the tyrannous PWA who hurt Graal.

He's done everything he can to help the game. You're obviously not very in tune with the community for a "PlayerWorld Administrator". Go ahead, ban him from the forums if you must, but the forums have nothing to do with Zodiac considering Zodiac doesn't even use these forums, so, in my mind, you don't have the authortiy to take him down there.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It was not an easy decision to remove Jerret. There's no denying that he is, in some limited sense, an asset to the community. However, it was a decision that we reached (unanimously, I might add) after discussing it for months.

The decision about his removal was not over one issue (like this triple_combo stuff). It was over a series of issues over an extended period of time. Fowlplay4's public behavior has been increasingly poor over the years, especially in the last year. Need I also remind you that he has been permanently banned from the official GraalOnline forums for repeated poor behavior (this was before his removal)? We have history of him asking people sexually charged, highly inappropriate questions in public, we've seen a degree of harassment from him, and on top of this, we asked him to stop multiple times.

In fact, I remember back on March 4th (yes, that's nearly half a year ago), warning Jerret that if he cannot improve his behavior, especially on the official forums, we do not want him staying in his position. In fact, I said these words to him exactly and He agreed to stop, and then continued misbehaving. Posting things on the forums like "I'm pretty hard right now" and "hey bayne vvat does thor's loads taste like?"

We warned him again by banning him from the forums for 31 days. He returned to the forums starting threads like "MD is garbage" (taking shots at MysticalDragon on Delteria) saying things like and posting things in other un-related topics like "hey galdor wat do my nutz taste like *****" (these are direct quotes).

And many of you have brought up triple_combo (who is in no way at fault here), where Gabriel asked Zodiac for proper proof for having banned him/her. Gabriel was only doing his job -- something he would've done for any of you -- by making sure Zodiac had full indisputable evidence to be banning someone for life. They did not have proper proof, so Gabriel removed the ban and in order to spite Gabriel, fowlplay4's administration placed a trade restriction on triple_combo, essentially rendering the game unplayable. This is unacceptable to do to paying customers for essentially no reason. Gabriel approached me about the situation and then proceeded to ask fowlplay4 to remove the trade restriction if he/she was not suspected of actively breaking any rules. Fowlplay4 removed the trade restriction, but decided to reset triple_combo as a retaliatory response to Gabriel's persistence. Quite frankly, I don't care if you're the king of the world, we do not accept this kind of behavior from managers. We saw bias coming from fowlplay4's administration not only in this sense but in others as well.

Let me reassure anyone who is in doubt that this was NOT an impulsive decision. It was well thought-out, planned, and long talked about among the PWA. Triple_combo is only the tip of the iceberg as to why Fowlplay4 was removed, and he/she is certainly not the primary reasoning. Jerret had plenty of warning, plenty of chances to improve, and plenty of opportunity. I know none of you ever claimed to know the whole story, but please keep in mind that there is always more to the story than what you can see. Obviously I do not want to discuss Fowlplay4's entire rap sheet because I find it disrespectful to do so, but he is in no way some angel that you all have painted him to be.
Well, that's certainly changed my opinion on the matter. Why couldn't that information be posted in the OP though? It'd have made things a lot easier.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Now that this side of the story has been explained (really should have been in the first place imo), it doesn't seem as unreasonable as many have made it out to be. But I do think an indefinite removal of someone that much of an asset is extreme, if warnings weren't heeded then a temporary removal may have been sufficient.
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
*snipped because of deleted post~ Emera*
I was going to cover that in a negative rep, but apparently I've given to him too recently.
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Why don't these rules apply to Chris Vimes?
I don't see what you're getting at here. I'm not manager of anything, and when I was, I was fired for what I did by the PWA (and rightly so). Tig has even globally banned me in the past himself. This is all years ago and I've made considerable attempts to change since then.

I'm all for restoring Jer as manager, but I don't think this situation is similar at all to what I did (spawning items). The worst accusations aimed at Jer are that he was unprofessional.

I do give Tig respect for explaining the situation, though, and I've known him long enough to know that he doesn't make these kind of decisions on a whim.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:08 AM
King of the Ice Box
Eskimo is on a distinguished road
For all of the zodiac players on this thread, prepare yourselves. After this, I'm sure PWAs will make sure to put someone well suited for the job in charge of zodiac. AKA one of their friends who probably doesn't even play on the server.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The worst accusations aimed at Jer are that he was unprofessional.
Indeed. Which seems to mostly apply to the forums. I still can't see that as a reason for firing him, considering the did such a remarkable job as a manager.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
For all of the zodiac players on this thread, prepare yourselves. After this, I'm sure PWAs will make sure to put someone well suited for the job in charge of zodiac. AKA one of their friends who probably doesn't even play on the server.
Good management skills have nothing to do with knowing about the server you're managing. Granted that some decent knowledge of the server will be more than helpful when dealing with players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Indeed. Which seems to mostly apply to the forums. I still can't see that as a reason for firing him, considering the did such a remarkable job as a manager.
I agree with the fact that Jerret did a great job at managing Zodiac in some aspects, but Tig clearly pointed out the unprofessionalism he has shown within the past year. If it were up to me, I'd also have a very long think wether or not he's fit for managing one of Graal's most successful servers. You may bash me for saying this, and I'd be more happier making my own decision on the case if I knew the whole story, but a manager can't shown that level of unprofessionalism in the public eye, no matter how talented he is at developing. Jerret still has my vote for the time being though, since I can't think of anybody better to manage the place.
Closed Thread