Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Imperialistic Imperialistic is offline
graal player lord
Imperialistic's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,093
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
You think you are god of grawl. zomglol
__________________
" It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down. "
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
a/s/l
Elizabeth's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,018
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
If you have problems with my moderation forum PM me. You always say I make a rule against abbreviation, however I made a rule and it was removed. Darlene initially approved all of those rules, but it was only after you all made an uproar it was removed. It was made because some users were using abbreviations to attack others while some users were acting usually abbreviations for logical purposes. Basically, I had a basis for my actions.
actually, i was reading our pm history about that rule, and you were being arrogant. i had good points, and you had arrogant points. you were making up a completely different meaning for 'QFT'.
__________________
<3
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Darlene159 Darlene159 is offline
Administrator
Darlene159's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,470
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
actually, i was reading our pm history about that rule, and you were being arrogant. i had good points, and you had arrogant points. you were making up a completely different meaning for 'QFT'.
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.
I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.
__________________
FORUM RULES
GRAAL BIBLE (Lots of useful info)
INFO ABOUT REPUTATIONS.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Dan Dan is offline
Daniel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 383
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Come on, people! Someone here is trying to help Graal and bring up some more news... if you do not like this person, okay, so what? But why make it so hard for him that he has to defend himself every single minute? We should respect people who are trying to help, nobody is making an application in public to turn it into a discussion like this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-15-2009, 03:35 AM
Unpredlctable Unpredlctable is offline
h8 my username
Unpredlctable's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,616
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
if you don't know what QFT means then you need to get off of the internet
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Deeek Deeek is offline
o_O
Deeek's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Freeburg, Missouri
Posts: 167
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
People who have problems with me have addressed their problems
Yeah, but have you actually listened to these problems? Apparently not (from what I'm reading). Listening is a good skill to have for this job, you know...
Quote:
but just as they have addressed their problems, I believe those same people would read the news.
I'm sure they would have to read it if it was pasted in front of their faces every minute they're in game. Willfully? Doubtful.
Quote:
Those people would look for errors they would not find, because I do a good job.
Your arrogance is silly. Good writers make mistakes. Bad writers refuse to see these mistakes.
Quote:
If people didn't care or think I don't have the potential to be able to perform the position, they would have stated their point once and would have left it at that. Those viewing the applications could then take their points into consideration. However some people find it necessary to continually reply and they continually reply because they know that there is another side, the correct side, that I am presenting.
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - if your side was correct then would most of the people in this thread be arguing with you? "You're wrong because I'm right" isn't going to cut it. You have to present reason. Assuming that the everyone else in here is stupid isn't helping
Quote:
If it isn't because they know I'm providing the correct analysis, why would it be necessary for anyone to remake their points multiple times?
Read what I said above. Think really hard. Repeat, if necessary
Quote:
Ah I would like to point this out as well. You seem to have the impression that if you are disliked people will not read the news. Would the same hold true for this application?
This is a forum. People are going to say what they want irregardless of wether or not they like you
Quote:
It currently has the most views of any of the applications (883) and if people didn't like me, why would they find it necessary to view and reply to the posts in this thread? Even if people don't like me, it is apparent that they care if I have the position because they have viewed this thread.
This is a forum. If threads on here have any considerable amount of activity to them people are going to flock to them like moths to a lamp. The majority of posts that I'm seeing here are replies to your arguments. If you've been here for a while you'd know that this is nothing special in this forum.
You're not really listening to what I'm saying anyways so I'll make this short- Why am I going to read your news if I don't like you? Simple: I'm not going to read your news if I don't trust you. Slander, bias, sources, etc. Can I take your word? Prove to me that I can trust you when you've proven to be two-faced.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,738
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.
I'm pretty sure that quote for truth is all that it means on forums


Quote:
I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.
Wow what

Quote:
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions
Everyone has pretty good intentions, that doesn't mean it's not stupid.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
a/s/l
Elizabeth's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,018
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.
I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.
i have never seen 'qft' used for anything other than 'quoted for truth'.
__________________
<3
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Deeek Deeek is offline
o_O
Deeek's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Freeburg, Missouri
Posts: 167
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.
I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.
Wow, really? So basically this rule was invented out of ignorance?

Hey, let's make a new rule: "Ban everything that Supernanny doesn't know about because he is ignorant and ignorance is not cool "
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Frankie Frankie is offline
xChugxLifex
Frankie's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,610
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Why is QFT singled out? There are plenty of other acronyms used that can be interpreted in different and inappropriate ways.
__________________
*Sum41Freeeeek
*Frankie
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:29 AM
MiniOne MiniOne is offline
SomeOne
MiniOne's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,145
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Most of you are blowing this way out of proportion, if you have a problem with how he moderates complain to Darlene or him through a forum pm.
Also I believe the abbreviation rule should only apply to certain abbreviations which could have a double meaning or contain inappropriate content but ones such as brb, afk, gtg, ttul and so on should be fine since they simply mean be right back, away from keyboard, got to go and talk to you later.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux View Post
The pistols look like they have cancer, reduce the big buboe shaped thing's size.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:50 AM
thesmoothcriminal thesmoothcriminal is offline
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: player x,player y
Posts: 487
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
So let me get this straight, this guy (and some of you) want to decide what people can and cannot abbreviate? If people want to abbreviate who cares, get a life.

@pooper

If your to do a good job reporting news then you have to be able to get staff to fully cooperate and be willing to help you get the story.
Therefore you have to BE LIKED. Its got everything to do with doing the job properly. You cant force news out of people if they dont want to help you.

Also your whole application is very pretenious

It would seem that your role now is more then enough for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
..i check every server list every day about 5 times each day, to see whos online.

Last edited by thesmoothcriminal; 03-15-2009 at 06:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-15-2009, 08:06 AM
TESTRETIS TESTRETIS is offline
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 970
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Debating if I should laugh, cry, or just quit Graal already.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Matt Matt is offline
iZone Administrator
Matt's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,690
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
Therefore you have to BE LIKED.
Not to go off topic much, but there's plenty of globals that i'm sure not everyone likes, for one reason or another. That won't change. I wouldn't say it's necessary to 'BE LIKED', but it would help make ones job easier and less stressful. As long as he/she doesn't have the reputation of Malinko, i can't imagine being liked being a requirement for this position.
__________________
Need Playerworld or Account support?
GraalOnline/Toonslab Support Center
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-15-2009, 09:53 AM
thesmoothcriminal thesmoothcriminal is offline
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: player x,player y
Posts: 487
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Not to go off topic much, but there's plenty of globals that i'm sure not everyone likes, for one reason or another. That won't change. I wouldn't say it's necessary to 'BE LIKED', but it would help make ones job easier and less stressful. As long as he/she doesn't have the reputation of Malinko, i can't imagine being liked being a requirement for this position.
Right but therefore he is not the ideal candidate for the position. Particularly if others are going to have an easier time doing it (not to mention his other responsibilities).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
..i check every server list every day about 5 times each day, to see whos online.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.