Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 PM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
Christmas on GK

This year, Santa came back, dropping presents like usual. This was a good way for even newer players to obtain decent to rare items. I personally enjoyed chasing him around and trying my luck to see if I could collect something interesting. Kudos to Tig for Christmas this year as quite a few players were lucky enough to get something they have not had.

We were also given the Q1 updates, and I may say this made a good turning point for mages with the wand updates with this. It gives special wands a good reason to try to obtain them.

The party system that was also released with Q1 was most likely my favorite. It helps you keep track of your party member's HP, SP, and Grace points. You can even click there name to select them to target them, or right click to see their profile, follow them, or remove them. This makes leveling together much more easier.

This was probably the best Christmas on GK in my opinion
Old 12-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Yep all good points, except the wands don't turn your character properly for now when your trying to cast a spell, I think its just a minor issue though as the rest of the update was great.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Thumbs down

Sucking up much? Christmas and the Q1 updates are two different things. Or it should of been called a "Christmas Q1 Update"

Quote:
This year, Santa came back, dropping presents like usual. This was a good way for even newer players to obtain decent to rare items. I personally enjoyed chasing him around and trying my luck to see if I could collect something interesting. Kudos to Tig for Christmas this year as quite a few players were lucky enough to get something they have not had.

.... Right. Not when players, ahem, that dont even need the items in him sit there and try to get the items that other players should be getting, such as these new players youve mentioned. Interesting....
Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
My only problem is that I got cookies, I preferred the gift shop. Q1 was a good thing.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:34 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
.... Right. Not when players, ahem, that dont even need the items in him sit there and try to get the items that other players should be getting, such as these new players youve mentioned. Interesting....
People complain about this, but usually, they're the same ones sitting in trade. If you don't actually put time into following him for the drops, you don't really have room to complain.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:19 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Sorry we didn't have more. We were relying on a few people to help us make a new update happen... but some of it fell through. We're still developing it but it'll take longer than expected.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
So should I continue putting out stuff we can use? I know I kind of got involved last-minute, but I didn't know beforehand that you guys were hurting for content.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
So should I continue putting out stuff we can use? I know I kind of got involved last-minute, but I didn't know beforehand that you guys were hurting for content.
As far as I understand Draenin, you were recently removed for your inactivity? The last of your work which made it to Graal Kingdoms was nearly a year ago. I've found in my own experience you're often uncooperative to the extent of being counter productive.

Sometimes your comments seem to be shot from the hip, without careful reflection.

Thanks for the short review, John. You forgot to mention one of my favorite new features - follow. It's going to make partying a lot easier... hopefully strengthening the community as a result. I hope everyone enjoyed our Q1 updates and please feel free to contact either Tig or I about concerns or observations.

Last edited by Stephen; 12-27-2008 at 03:20 AM..
Old 12-27-2008, 03:17 AM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
aw ****ing ****, I missed santa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 12-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
As far as I understand Draenin, you were recently removed for your inactivity? The last of your work which made it to Graal Kingdoms was nearly a year ago. I've found in my own experience you're often uncooperative to the extent of being counter productive.
I've been inactive because I'm doing work on another server, as I've already said in the other x-mas thread. And it's not that I was un-cooperative. You guys just kept giving me assignments I either couldn't do, or didn't receive enough feedback on to know where to make improvements. And you know, I really don't regret working for that server instead.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:15 AM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
People complain about this, but usually, they're the same ones sitting in trade. If you don't actually put time into following him for the drops, you don't really have room to complain.
If you didn't notice I was there killing people that were running around santa, namely Nate and Essence, so its not like your example applies to me at all.

Quote:
Sorry we didn't have more. We were relying on a few people to help us make a new update happen... but some of it fell through. We're still developing it but it'll take longer than expected.
Its not the fact that there wasn't more, it was the fact that when asked about it you got mad at people for wanting more. You see that as people being greedy or unthankful, but you dont see it as maybe people actually like what youve done, atleast most of the people, and want more. I dont think there is anything wrong with people wanting more of your work. Yeah it may make it so no matter how much you do theyll always be left wanting more, but thats sorta how a game that is a business is supposed to be or the game developers arent doing their job. So maybe you should look at it that way instead of people being unthankful, maybe they just want more of your kind of updates.

Quote:
Thanks for the short review, John. You forgot to mention one of my favorite new features - follow. It's going to make partying a lot easier... hopefully strengthening the community as a result. I hope everyone enjoyed our Q1 updates and please feel free to contact either Tig or I about concerns or observations.
He did mention it:

Quote:
You can even click there name to select them to target them, or right click to see their profile, follow them, or remove them. This makes leveling together much more easier.
Quote:

Sometimes your comments seem to be shot from the hip, without careful reflection.
Shouldn't that be more discussed over PMs and such instead of over public threads? Kinda personal, because the same could be said by some people of staff and the posts would get deleted or they'd receive infractions. Id understand if he just sat there blasting you guys, but I dont think he was as far as I was seeing. Just a thought.

Quote:
Yep all good points, except the wands don't turn your character properly for now when your trying to cast a spell, I think its just a minor issue though as the rest of the update was great.
Ummm... besides you logging on for like 40 minutes you weren't on almost at all...
Old 12-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished
Shouldn't that be more discussed over PMs and such instead of over public threads? Kinda personal, because the same could be said by some people of staff and the posts would get deleted or they'd receive infractions. Id understand if he just sat there blasting you guys, but I dont think he was as far as I was seeing. Just a thought.
Nah, it's okay. Don't worry about it. Let Stephen make a fool of himself if he wants to.

I told Tig the very first day that I would not be 'working' for Kingdoms, even though I was being added to RC. I wanted access just in case I got inspired to occasionally throw some graphics or levels into a folder for them to use. I had no intention of regularly submitting content or working on assignment when I joined up. There was never a point where I 'went inactive' on RC, because I never planned on being active in the first place. I thought I'd made that clear as crystal the first time around, but apparently some people either don't listen or pay attention when they should be doing so.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
To answer your question - no. You haven't put out any content. We have lots lined up, we're just developing it.

It's going slowly because we're having trouble finding reliable help.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirot View Post
aw ****ing ****, I missed santa.
There wasn't much to miss, he dropped one item i saw as 'desirable'. Which went to john - Belt of Crystal Heart(BoCH).
Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 AM
()
Vulgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vulgar
I'd so much rather them release quest than stuff like this, I 'm don't get me wrong it's better than nothing but it's kind of lame. With quest all the new players have a chance instead of just running around spamming A which is harder for the new players who are carrying like 500 blocks of ice and enough logs to build a fence all the way around Samurai. I liked the holiday shops too, but I'd enjoy doing quest a lot more. I know that there isn't that many people working on kingdoms or so I have heard. I have also heard loads of people offering to help although I know some of them wouldn't keep their word but you don't need new graphics and crap to make quest, pretty much anything is good right now. I could live with a group dungeon quest where all you have to do is go through random doors to get to the end. I mean seriously anything that gives people something to do besides idle in trade is good. Lets face it, no one wants to go grind lords for a couple hours to get one level. I'm not saying that you guys aren't supplying the updates right now but I think there are better things to update than wand stats and the epic fail they called a Christmas event.