Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Don't forget all the tiles errors with the stone path.

@Adam: It's not fine, don't tell him that everything looks good when there is still problems and errors. He is trying to better himself to be a better LAT, and beating around the bush and not telling him the truth wont improve anything. :P
Please tell me someone else sees the irony in this.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Rogue LAT
warriors94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to warriors94 Send a message via MSN to warriors94
Outside
Make the stone path ejecting from the house smaller. No one is going to make something that huge. Add grass detail. Maybe some moss around the cliffs because water constantly washes up. Some flowers around the house, people like flowers. Stones/Mushrooms/Rocks that block (The one tile ones) put against the trees so they aren't in the way yet add some detail. You're outside level is boring, but all in all, it has potential.
Inside
Floor is boring. I like how you added grass though. Walls are all the same, change them around.

PSon't Reply to me with some "Thanks" or something. It's not needed and just counts as spam.
Not to be rude.

Unholy Nation ET May 2008 - December 2008
N-Pulse LAT March 2009 - April 2009
Classic LAT April 2009 - June 2009
Unholy Nation LAT June 2009 - February 2010
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
No I don't, care to explain?
Old 04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
I am also curious?

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Babylon OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I am also curious?
I understand the point of what he did when he posted his "levels portfolio", that is to say, I get it, but I don't understand why neccesarily.

He posted a bunch of levels and said he doesn't want criticism on them because they're old levels that he's never revisiting and his style has changed, that's ok, I get that. But if that's the case, then why the **** did he post the ****ing levels?

The only reason he posted his levels was because he wanted someone to say "hey man those are great levels", but when everyone started picking out the problems with them he got super defensive and just kept blowing people off and saying he doesn't care they're old levels and all that crap.

The point of the irony is, he only wanted compliments on his levels, but when you really look at the ones he posted, all people had were criticisms, he himself was asking people to not tell him the truth.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I understand the point of what he did when he posted his "levels portfolio", that is to say, I get it, but I don't understand why neccesarily.

He posted a bunch of levels and said he doesn't want criticism on them because they're old levels that he's never revisiting and his style has changed, that's ok, I get that. But if that's the case, then why the **** did he post the ****ing levels?

The only reason he posted his levels was because he wanted someone to say "hey man those are great levels", but when everyone started picking out the problems with them he got super defensive and just kept blowing people off and saying he doesn't care they're old levels and all that crap.

The point of the irony is, he only wanted compliments on his levels, but when you really look at the ones he posted, all people had were criticisms, he himself was asking people to not tell him the truth.
HTML Code:
Portfolio - the total holdings of the securities, commercial paper, etc., of a financial institution or private investor
First off, the portfolio wasn't made to either be criticized or really even be complemented. I never didn't allow negative comments to my work, if you were going to give me pointers it would be useless since those levels are fairly old, and I'm not working with them anymore.

Secondly, the portfolio was more of "What I'm Capable Of" type resource for other things that I don't really need to broadcast publicly throughout the community. If you didn't like it, there was always an option to exit the thread at any time. It really is immature of you to derail this thread with something that doesn't even have to do with the OP, if you didn't like it you could've PMed me like a big boy.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
HTML Code:
Portfolio - the total holdings of the securities, commercial paper, etc., of a financial institution or private investor
First off, the portfolio wasn't made to either be criticized or really even be complemented. I never didn't allow negative comments to my work, if you were going to give me pointers it would be useless since those levels are fairly old, and I'm not working with them anymore.

Secondly, the portfolio was more of "What I'm Capable Of" type resource for other things that I don't really need to broadcast publicly throughout the community. If you didn't like it, there was always an option to exit the thread at any time. It really is immature of you to derail this thread with something that doesn't even have to do with the OP, if you didn't like it you could've PMed me like a big boy.
Just like I could pm you this.

You could also be the one to PM him like a big boy.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Babylon OG
Quote:
HTML Code:

"These levels are not open for criticism"

I believe those are the right words i'm not gonna waste my time going back to check but yeah.

You're contradicting yourself all over the place. You say your levels that you posted are old, from a different style, and you don't level like that anymore, but then just now you're saying your portfolio is a "What you're capable of". How is this possibly what you're capable of if you don't level like that anymore?

As for the last few sentences, you just don't have any other arguements so you're going to take the "moral high ground" by calling me out on my thread-forum ethics, that's fine, those that know me know I don't really care about that sort of thing.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Banned
DaBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past
To but this back in the right direction.. Here is an update of the inside and outside...

-outside-

inside will be posted up soon
Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Now look what you guys did, I'm getting sick of levels being crap if their not in the middle of a dense forest, or field, or basically wilderness.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 08:06 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Now look what you guys did, I'm getting sick of levels being crap if their not in the middle of a dense forest, or field, or basically wilderness.
In pics1 or pics1-like tilesets, it's the best way to fill space. You see an outside level with no trees? It rarely looks good.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Banned
DaBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So to sick on topic what do you think Coreys?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
I like the last level that you uploaded =D

good work
Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Like I have suggested.

"What you're capable of" Should be a newer level if you wish to show off some ability

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Xelt
King homer daStupid is a jewel in the roughKing homer daStupid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoss View Post
Cute, but all those mushrooms might get annoying if they're placed around the walking space