Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel34 View Post
It would be cruel if you could have dual swords.
I say why not. Make it like diablo 2 but worse when you do so.

On diablo 2 if you equip two two handed swords on a barb it lowers the damage to one handed damage for them.

But instead make a slight nerf so that you get a benefit of offensive power but perhaps allow parrying or use of both shields as a "block" / "defense"

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 08-12-2010 at 05:18 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
On diablo 2 if you equip two two handed swords on a barb it lowers the damage to one handed damage for them.
I was thinking just that before I went to the 3rd page. Like exactly. High5

Basically, make it so if you have dual shields equipped then make each shield only give 75% of its defense/damage (if you add the attacks) toward the players total. This would require them to need both shields perfect for full effect rather than just one +12 and another clean so they can abuse the stat bonus. And also would only produce 150% rather than doubling their defense keeping it from being too overpowered.

Plus, due to the low maneuverability from 2 shields equipped, maybe a -speed could be added.

Next: Dual Daggers for Thiefs and Dual Swords for Barbarians. (Class specific prostuff anyone?)
Old 08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
That would be cool if GK wasn't as stat-centric, but the way it is now, it would completely break the game beyond repair.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That would be cool if GK wasn't as stat-centric, but the way it is now, it would completely break the game beyond repair.
/thread
Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
All it takes is heavy balancing to fix it.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
All it takes is heavy balancing to fix it.
You don't know just how lop-sided GK is. It'll take heavy balancing then a reset.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
You don't know just how lop-sided GK is. It'll take heavy balancing then a reset.
What's stopping them from doing this other than development?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
What's stopping them from doing this other than development?
The silly belief that GK can be fixed without a reset held by people who spent money on their items
Old 08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
GK can be fixed without a reset. The belief that a reset would fix alot of problems is silly. I wouldn't be against a reset if GK could actually handle one, but it cannot. Right now there's not enough content to support a reset, if it were I'd probably be in favor of one or a partial one (specific skills/stats).
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
An easy way do it would be to add some kind of spin / bash animations and then just make attacks do damage based on AC. Similarly, you could have a guard action instead that makes the player have x2 AC while they continue to block, but they can't attack or heal.

Interesting concept, but I don't know if either would work well. Dual shield is a weird idea. Neat, but weird.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:35 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
An easy way do it would be to add some kind of spin / bash animations and then just make attacks do damage based on AC. Similarly, you could have a guard action instead that makes the player have x2 AC while they continue to block, but they can't attack or heal.

Interesting concept, but I don't know if either would work well. Dual shield is a weird idea. Neat, but weird.
Confused.

Explain your terms for the non GK peoples

Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 AM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
I want to be able to dual wear my shoes, makes me move faster but I'm unable to manipulate anything with my hands.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReaper0 View Post
I want to be able to dual wear my shoes, makes me move faster but I'm unable to manipulate anything with my hands.
Are you proposing there should be the capability to equip shoes on the hand slot?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Equipping gloves over shoes could be better.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
Equipping gloves over shoes could be better.
Spongebob beat us all to this.

Closed Thread