Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #196  
Old 07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
coreys coreys is offline
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,180
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Gee I wonder why it was staff only?! A work in progress MAYBE?! It wasn't done, if it was, we wouldnt be a lowly dev server. Thats why it was locked, b/c of the problems we've had with placeholder images. Levels obviously weren't done either. I got bored and made those dumb zelda copies, it was out of bordom, thats about it. This is why dev servers that are locked dont let people on because they think what they see is a finished product and its not, but some of you people just had to be rude about a locked server trying to hire and then ***** a little.

Guess this is what I get from listening to an idiot and opening a server that wasn't ready just to get a NAT.

From now on, when you log on a dev server, especially one that was locked, don't treat it like its a finished server. That's just retarded.

P.S. Sorry that post took you sooooo long to post up content that is not even being used anymore. Sorry it was basically pointless for you to do what you did. Also read below because apparently it didn't sink in.



Edit: And yeah you got all those screenshots but 1 (the giant tree) from a blocked off area, sooo.................. that should say something. Thanks for posting images and commenting on the stuff that WASEN'T blocked off that, besides palm trees, a tileset that we arn't using (which wasen't ALL "stolen" either, besdies the fact that its a graal tileset that people were given credit to), and that dumb giant placeholder image tree, was all original.

Also, I thought this was actually kind of funny so:


Major revisions take more than a few days. lol.

The server is on staff only again until everything is ready, like I said before. The babies can't cry until its done now.

Now with rudeness aside towards people who are rude and dont want to even attempt to understand a dev server that is staffblocked everywhere and was staff only hours before, we do need nats. All the hype for our original ideas that have been posted in 13 pages on this thread will just go to waste if we dont get help on the scripts.
Sounds like SOMEONES a little embarrassed they got caught!
__________________

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
  #197  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:09 PM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Being a work-in-progress has nothing to do with stolen content or originality. That's a piss-poor excuse.

If you're going to remove and replace it, fine. But don't sit and say it's because I came on "too early." Especially after Decus posted right before me admitting all the stuff I had said in my post, and the reason for it being closed again. Just because I brought these things up doesn't mean you should get all pissy... perhaps, just perhaps, you should listen and take it as advise instead of worry about being butthurt.

I thought this server could improve from this, but it seems the staff are nothing but a bunch that worry more about their ego then their server. Oh well, I thought those days were behind Graal.
  #198  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
sssssssssss sssssssssss is offline
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,134
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to sssssssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Sounds like SOMEONES a little embarrassed they got caught!
Uhh, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Nothing that has been redone is even up (the tileset itself is still being worked on for the next few days or so probably), the levels are still being worked on, and an absolute gmap is not even up right now either until the tileset is done, so opening up the server would do absolutely nothing. What is needed is NATs. The levels and gfx are covered between me and decus. Just need systems and stuff to be scripted, like I said in my previous post. I am at a point where I am just not good enough to finish what needs to be done.
__________________
Cyril Rain
Creator and leader of SLX
Admin of Elysium
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...


  #199  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 PM
sssssssssss sssssssssss is offline
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,134
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to sssssssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Being a work-in-progress has nothing to do with stolen content or originality. That's a piss-poor excuse.

If you're going to remove and replace it, fine. But don't sit and say it's because I came on "too early." Especially after Decus posted right before me admitting all the stuff I had said in my post, and the reason for it being closed again. Just because I brought these things up doesn't mean you should get all pissy... perhaps, just perhaps, you should listen and take it as advise instead of worry about being butthurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Nothing that has been redone is even up (the tileset itself is still being worked on for the next few days or so probably), the levels are still being worked on, and an absolute gmap is not even up right now either until the tileset is done, so opening up the server would do absolutely nothing. What is needed is NATs. The levels and gfx are covered between me and decus. Just need systems and stuff to be scripted, like I said in my previous post. I am at a point where I am just not good enough to finish what needs to be done.
First off, how does this even make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Being a work-in-progress has nothing to do with stolen content or originality. That's a piss-poor excuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
If you're going to remove and replace it, fine.
He said he didnt want to explain about what you guys were talking about b/c he didnt have the time. It said he didnt have time for random log ons of people claiming it lol.

Also never said you got on too early, I said you posted screenshots of stuff that was staff blocked.
Also, many times now, have said that we are not using any of it, posted that we are redoing it all before you said anything pretty much at all or got on the server.
Also have said they were placeholders and thats why it was locked.

Again, thats why it was locked.

Again, thats why it was locked.

Again, thats why it was locked.

Again, thats why it was locked.

But I guess we should delete our Hiring thread, b/c according to you, we cant hire on a locked server. Other locked servers, please take note of this. According to Dusty you need to unlock your server to hire staff.

Now, as I've said before, if you want to continue this debate, please take it to another thread, as this thread wasn't started for this kind of thing. I dont want to have to ask mods to delete crap again because of immaturity. -_-
__________________
Cyril Rain
Creator and leader of SLX
Admin of Elysium
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...


  #200  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Decus_Arillias Decus_Arillias is offline
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
I didnt notice anyone, or myself being touchy. Corey thats a retarded statement "oh we got caught" because how would the server ever release anyways with that content? I had a dev log on the server a few weeks ago and explain where most the gfx came from. His name was Spoon, and he logs on once in a while on UN. Like i said earler, Twiggy, Dusty, Myself, and Beholders images are on the server and im aware of it thanks to Spoon. Some tiles were given to us illegally.

Well, they are not on the server atleast of now, we've been working on a new gmap and tiles since LAST week when we found out about this.

This is the atlantis tileset in my tile folder. http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7730/atltiles.png

Until last week i had no idea these were atlantis tiles, i cant even walk outside on atlantis anyways, i dont think anyone can unless your staff.

We were about to close the project, and work on another server last week, yet that didnt go as planned. So we're in progress and im working on a whole tileset, gmap ect.ect.

We will still probably release before npulse does though. Right Corey?
__________________
Isaiah 41:10
  #201  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
holy **** just shut the **** up and let them work on the server and then critique it when they say it's a finished product

on another note, it's saddening to me that most of the ideas/advice i've given too you two is being ignored. i understand the want to make a server of your own devices, but you could have been finished by now if you had listened to me in the first place
  #202  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
holy **** just shut the **** up and let them work on the server and then critique it when they say it's a finished product
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
on another note, it's saddening to me that most of the ideas/advice i've given too you two is being ignored. i understand the want to make a server of your own devices, but you could have been finished by now if you had listened to me in the first place
..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
holy **** just shut the **** up and let them work on the server and then critique it when they say it's a finished product
..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i understand the want to make a server of your own devices, but you could have been finished by now if you had listened to me in the first place
..

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
  #203  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Decus_Arillias Decus_Arillias is offline
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
not trying to be a *******. But it takes a lot more then ideas and words to make a "good" server that people will play

I get your point though, this has taken way to long.
__________________
Isaiah 41:10
  #204  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
sssssssssss sssssssssss is offline
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,134
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to sssssssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
holy **** just shut the **** up and let them work on the server and then critique it when they say it's a finished product

on another note, it's saddening to me that most of the ideas/advice i've given too you two is being ignored. i understand the want to make a server of your own devices, but you could have been finished by now if you had listened to me in the first place
Its not being ignored man

Just have to start from scratch, problems create issues which have to be resolved.

Wish u would come back btw.
__________________
Cyril Rain
Creator and leader of SLX
Admin of Elysium
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...


  #205  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
..

..

..

inb4 his actual reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
holy **** just shut the **** up
__________________
Quote:
  #206  
Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Decus_Arillias Decus_Arillias is offline
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
Also, believe me when i say this, you have nothing to do with what direction the server goes in Dusty, i could care less if the whole tileset was a straight rip from zelda, Its not because of you I said where these images came from. I saw people loging on and i wanted to be clear to EVERYONE where it all came from. I dont have anyone to answer to, and THATS the only reason i stated where it came from. Obiously locked no one would ever see it besides globals, so i didnt have to worry much about content that was not going to be used anyways. Your advise was taken before you even spoke.
__________________
Isaiah 41:10

Last edited by Decus_Arillias; 07-02-2010 at 08:15 PM..
  #207  
Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decus_Arillias View Post
We will still probably release before npulse does though. Right Corey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decus_Arillias View Post
not trying to be a *******.
Course not
I just wanna say that because we've had a lot of **** in the past decus it doesn't give you a right just as Corey doesn't have a right to say "Oh they got caught hurr hurr!" and honestly makes both parties look stupid in this lil argument.
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
  #208  
Old 07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Decus_Arillias Decus_Arillias is offline
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
not sure who you are, probably been to long for me to remember. Anyways your right, no need to be childish. Bottom Line. All content is not being used. Expect impressive small release (open town gmap to public gold)within a month or so.
__________________
Isaiah 41:10
  #209  
Old 07-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Shards-Of-Fate Shards-Of-Fate is offline
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 215
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
So... Any opening event?
  #210  
Old 07-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Decus_Arillias Decus_Arillias is offline
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
lol ill make confetty fall from the sky in celebration to the first town complete. Themed for castle style, similar to my cross castle that was previewed yesterday mixed with a persian "port" theme as well. Just gotta get these damn tiles done z.Z

My apology to anyone i was rude to above.

If anyone is interested in working with me, we have a lot of new ideas, good systems in creation, that would like to help, let me know.

Just dont get overwhelmed and give up. The gmap is now 25X25.. huge gmap is needed for our plans for this server. We're not expecting to get all 625 levels (outside only) finished before classic release / host. Just enough content to attract players.
__________________
Isaiah 41:10
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.