Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2013, 12:32 AM
bigcity is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Private Servers Are Down

My server and many others are crashed not loading anything. Also my server is no longer showing up on the staff on list. And random servers that i don't have rc to are showing up on my staff on list. Any ideas?
Old 12-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Graal Developer
Joshua_P2P is on a distinguished road
Join the club x.x
Old 12-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Kraeor
miracleman4 is on a distinguished road
Not a clue... I would be really nice to get some sort of insight as to what is going on right now and a guess as to when it should be resolved. Some staff on my server are even being denied access to RC. The main website and RC both claims that they do not have gold on their account when they definitely do...
Old 12-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Graal Developer
So being a upstanding member of the Graalian Society and being a proud server owner this goes to stefan i would like to ask for extra server time for the time i am losing right now for everything being down
Old 12-25-2013, 09:32 PM
bigcity is on a distinguished road
Same here i've lost 2 days due to this setback.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_P2P View Post
So being a upstanding member of the Graalian Society and being a proud server owner this goes to stefan i would like to ask for extra server time for the time i am losing right now for everything being down
Sadly they say that they cannot compensate for downtime it's in the agreement. But at least it wasn't a really really really long time down.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Sadly they say that they cannot compensate for downtime it's in the agreement. But at least it wasn't a really really really long time down.
Well according to you, it's not a really really long time down. But my server is still down.. I can't even log in to RC without being spammed with "You don't have admin rights". On top of that seemingly all of my script content has magically disappeared. You would think we would be compensated for these types of things when we're paying to use a service, but nope. Not even a mere reply as to the status of the situation. Goes to show how screwed Cyberjourers is as a company.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_Shadowbane View Post
Well according to you, it's not a really really long time down. But my server is still down.. I can't even log in to RC without being spammed with "You don't have admin rights". On top of that seemingly all of my script content has magically disappeared. You would think we would be compensated for these types of things when we're paying to use a service, but nope. Not even a mere reply as to the status of the situation. Goes to show how screwed Cyberjourers is as a company.
Had a similar problem with the spam, also weapons not loading for my player. Just kill the npc server and restart it will fix the problem.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:13 PM
trevor987 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Had a similar problem with the spam, also weapons not loading for my player. Just kill the npc server and restart it will fix the problem.
Servers affected with this most recent issue won't be fixed by an NPC server reboot. Atrius had to get Stefan involved as TheJames got locked out of RC and all our NPCs were gone.

Try following up with the support email or getting a hold of the PWA.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor987 View Post
Servers affected with this most recent issue won't be fixed by an NPC server reboot. Atrius had to get Stefan involved as TheJames got locked out of RC and all our NPCs were gone.

Try following up with the support email or getting a hold of the PWA.
I'll reach out to Stefan again.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The problem was a short downtime of the database, the servers were not correctly loading. It can be solved by just restarting the server although I'm not sure if the /global servercontrol command is working correctly right now (and /shutdown is only working for me). I was checking a few servers after the problem and they were working fine, but it seems several servers were affected. I've restarted a few (Ventus and Sin City) and fixed the problem with incorrect staff lists. Please tell me if more servers are affected. I can add more developer gold time although that probably doesn't bring back the lost holiday time x-x
Old 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The problem was a short downtime of the database, the servers were not correctly loading. It can be solved by just restarting the server although I'm not sure if the /global servercontrol command is working correctly right now (and /shutdown is only working for me). I was checking a few servers after the problem and they were working fine, but it seems several servers were affected. I've restarted a few (Ventus and Sin City) and fixed the problem with incorrect staff lists. Please tell me if more servers are affected. I can add more developer gold time although that probably doesn't bring back the lost holiday time x-x
So I tried your solution and it doesn't work. I can't even do the normal /shutdown command, it's telling me that I'm not authorized. If you could look into the problem on the server 'Zombie Fun', I'd appreciate it. If you could also return some of the developer gold time to Graal789647, that'd be even more appreciated.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's fine now
Old 12-26-2013, 09:57 PM
trevor987 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Please tell me if more servers are affected. I can add more developer gold time although that probably doesn't bring back the lost holiday time x-x
It's amazing how helpful Stefan is when you ask nicely! Glad everybody got their servers fixed.. on with development!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Graal Developer
i apologize for being rude before normally i wouldn't care much but as ventus is nearing its final stage of development i just wanted to get back to work and finish it by the end of the holidays again sorry for how i was @Stefan

And i would also like to say thank you for fixing ventus as well