Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Welcome a new face to the PWA: benpoke103

Today, a new addition to the team has been approved.

Please welcome Ben Rain (benpoke103) to the PWA.

Please note that he is a new addition so I ask for your patience while he gets a total grasp on his new-found rights and how they work (Syntax, what they affect, etc).

Also be aware that unlike the PWA's on the team before Ben's addition, he will not have access to such things as Global Bans (implementing and removal), Account information and general accounts access, or have the ability to disable/enable accounts. Think back to the kind of access PWA's had before all of that: Local bans and jailings, Server renames, investigation of illegal server content, and general playerworld administrative tasks.

Congratulations to Ben.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like my 12 year old brothers AIM screen name
Old 10-15-2010, 07:19 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Congrats Ben, come check Varia out and tell me what you think.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I haven't seen any notice on the forums stating that you're looking for a new member - that's un-fair, however; thankfully, you've made a decent choice.

Goodluck B'!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations Ben

Another un-noticed decision? You guys are getting really good at them lol
Old 10-15-2010, 12:31 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats Ben!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
I haven't seen any notice on the forums stating that you're looking for a new member - that's un-fair, however; thankfully, you've made a decent choice.

Goodluck B'!
This. But yeah, whatever, good luck!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
hi ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
Sounds like my 12 year old brothers AIM screen name
It's better than pooper, that's for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Yeah, I'm really glad the "p" in PWA stands for "No-regard for Player input whatsoever"
Old 10-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Grats Ben.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Yeah, I'm really glad the "p" in PWA stands for "No-regard for Player input whatsoever"
The P actually stands for "Playerworld". The W has always been associated separately for some reason. Look at even the forum sections where the W in World is capitalised, though not separated. Possibly that's how it was perceived upon naming by little-English spoken persons at the time such as Stefan. If you, as usual, have to be nitpicky about such trivial things, we're literally the "PA".

To the point, and to be perfectly blunt about it, why would I want players telling me who to put on my team anyway? Who runs the team again? The suggestions I take are from my own team members. I'm not running an election when I hire people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Unnoticed? Stefan just set Ben's rights when I announced it. I then announced it. You just read it. I'd say you noticed. o_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
@WanDaMan: There was never any intention of advertising an open position.

@Everyone: Positions may come, positions may go. When it comes to the crunch, I would much prefer to hire those I know I, and my current team, can work effectively with (both as a team, and knowing as a body that the person hired can work unsupervised). That is better done internally as a discussion. We are the people behind the scenes. In all reality, the public shouldn't really know each and every individual on the team. We're a support group, not a guild of friends.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
@Everyone: Positions may come, positions may go. When it comes to the crunch, I would much prefer to hire those I know I, and my current team, can work effectively with (both as a team, and knowing as a body that the person hired can work unsupervised). That is better done internally as a discussion. We are the people behind the scenes. In all reality, the public shouldn't really know each and every individual on the team. We're a support group, not a guild of friends.
Well said.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
The P actually stands for "Playerworld". The W has always been associated separately for some reason. Look at even the forum sections where the W in World is capitalised, though not separated. Possibly that's how it was perceived upon naming by little-English spoken persons at the time such as Stefan. If you, as usual, have to be nitpicky about such trivial things, we're literally the "PA".

Considering players are the ones playing and developing playerworlds, wouldn't it be more suitable to have them at least aware of the decisions the PWA are making before it is sprung on them unknowingly?

Certainly not! The players have nothing at all to do with the servers the PWA are overseeing! What on Earth was I thinking!? I was not aware the entire process of a playerworld's life has nothing whatsoever to do with players!

Certainly the "a" in TSA stands for inadequate!

I would like to see the focus group you show all these ideas to! I imagine it's just the circle of you guys, patting each other's backs thinking the lowly plebeians such as the players will love whatever you do, and that your decision isn't one that concerns them.
Quote:
To the point, and to be perfectly blunt about it, why would I want players telling me who to put on my team anyway? Who runs the team again? The suggestions I take are from my own team members. I'm not running an election when I hire people.
That makes perfect sense. God forbid the backbone of Graal, the people who run, create, develop, and populate the servers people pay to access (and create Graal's profit!) be in on anything administration does! They are naught but sheep, a lowly source of income. Slaves, if you will.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Considering players are the ones playing and developing playerworlds, wouldn't it be more suitable to have them at least aware of the decisions the PWA are making before it is sprung on them unknowingly?
If you much prefer, in future I won't spring it on you. In fact, I won't announce it at all. Though, I fail to see how this proves your point about the "P" in "Playerworld Administration", of which I've already acknowledged and corrected.

Quote:
Certainly not! The players have nothing at all to do with the servers the PWA are overseeing! What on Earth was I thinking!? I was not aware the entire process of a playerworld's life has nothing whatsoever to do with players!
The servers the PWA are overseeing only require PWA input when bans, jailings, server renames and content theft require our input. Servers themselves are more specifically overseen by the local staff team(s). It sounds to me like your problem in this regard is more about the staff on a server rather than the PWA. Again, we're a support team. We're not here to make a server prettier for the players.

Quote:
Certainly the "a" in TSA stands for inadequate!
I'm sure you're well aware of what it stands for, and it certainly doesn't stand for something starting with "i" Got more problems? Forum PM me.

Notice: If people such as kia345 continue to derail this thread with nonsense, their posts will be deleted. This is no way to conduct yourself at a welcoming/congratulatory party.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
yo gz ben

what are you gonna be doin and what happened to gst/bomy island
Old 10-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
congrats