Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you enjoy rare cool looking items with normal stats?
Yes, woohoo, I can look super cool now! 20 90.91%
No, I hate that idea! 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2004, 08:13 AM
HeartBeatOfTheEarth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HeartBeatOfTheEarth
Weapons/Items/Armour Just for Aestetic Purposes

I'm not sure how well recieved this is going to be, but would you be happy if there were rare/event items and such that were normal level with just a glossy new outer coating? ( not a literal outer coating persay, but rather a nice new look), this elimiates super-powerful event items and adds diversity to the kingdoms. If an item had the exact same stats as say, a Silver Paladin Helm, but looked cool and new and was rare or given only as an event prize, would you be happy?
(( This leaves room for customization also, instead of wearing eitehr a helemt or a wiz hat, you could wear a crown or coronet and have the same stats as a helm)))
Leave your comments and thoughts please....
Old 01-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
I really like the idea. :o
Old 01-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
You should be able to design and choose your own gear. But, they all had the normal stats! This will allow you to choose your own character outfits so-to-say. I've been saying this for years. x-x
Old 01-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Yes and no. The people with 1337 stuff would be even stronger. Besides, what about all those EA's on your horned shield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 01-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
I'd like that, but I see the problem that it'd be a mess if everyone was allowed to design their own stuff - why not turn your items into a phoenix gear, just by the looks of it? Or something disgusting to look at, biting colors and such? I don't think that'd add to the fun, let alone be in some gk-ish sense realistic.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 01-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Sexy Man-Robot
DenoriZakarum is on a distinguished road
I like this idea, i agree there shoud be different looking stuff too O.o
Old 01-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
1. It's an awesome idea, should have been done from the start. The powerplayers don't give a crappo about what the items look like, just that they give them leeto stats.
2. It's only possible, and worth doing, if you get rid of every single event item already out there, and alchemy items to make it fair (you'd re-do the alchemy gfx too, such as making a real FHoM gani or whatever).
3. Point number 2 would make a lot of lame-os whine.
4. Those lame-os in point #3 should be shot.
5. Yes, as cyrin said, it wouldn't change a lot since most of what makes people so powerful are EAs and IWDs. The stats on eventweapons just give that added little kick.
6. I don't think there should be EAs in the final version (even though there never will be a final version)
7. Nice poll, it's a good topic
8. This is point number 8, right here. everyone pay attention to it's eightness.

:grin:
Old 01-03-2004, 09:47 PM
HeartBeatOfTheEarth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HeartBeatOfTheEarth
So, your all saying that if a weapon with a cool new look had the same stats as a naginata, and there were only like 5 in Graal, you'd be happy with them? *Thinks about CLM's uber-awesome Runic Blade.*
Old 01-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
There are already some items like this (refer to gold warrior helmet, star wizard hat.) I don't like this idea too much though.

Old 01-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Chris, are you dumb now or something, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like this. Would you rather inflitration on every single item and accessory in the game, or would you rather better RPing, character looks without the +2690839687498 damage etc...? I mean come on, there should be a level limit and instead of chosing every single path and going to level 115 and losing intrest in the game, why not make different paths. As in if your an alchemist you made stuff and sell it. You can whield a weapon, because your an all-around type person. You get low battle stats, and high evasion and intelligence.

I'm sure you get the point. Then after you choose your path, you can choose your gear. Everyone starts out with the same gear (depending on your path) and it can be upgraded, to a point each time you level. No more EAs or anything.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Possibly Possessed
Qwert616 is on a distinguished road
Style over substance, huh?

It sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
Chris, are you dumb now or something, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like this. Would you rather inflitration on every single item and accessory in the game, or would you rather better RPing, character looks without the +2690839687498 damage etc...?
Have 2 or three different helmets/armours, with different stats - slow and strong or fast and weak, something like that - with different looks. I think that should be enough. Add a few more clothing items, and you'll get enough combinations. I think it wouldn't make the server more fun if everyone had their own gear...

Quote:
I mean come on, there should be a level limit and instead of chosing every single path and going to level 115 and losing intrest in the game, why not make different paths.
I believe there are prescious few who'd ever bother to get to level 115 or such. Most just play for fun, bot for level, while a level now and then may occur.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2004, 03:55 PM
-Left forever-
thelostviking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thelostviking Send a message via AIM to thelostviking
Ive got another idea.
Event items with special stats, but blessing preparing or ea wont work on them.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Gone
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000
I believe there are prescious few who'd ever bother to get to level 115 or such. Most just play for fun, bot for level, while a level now and then may occur.
But still, there are the few, like Tec and Zoe, that are like, level 80-100 right now. Some people are getting close. Stefan said it before the levels should be lowered and the stats should be lowered.

Have you even tried to pk someone with a high level? Before you can say anything at all, they can run around the map 5 times and back. And if you hit someone, they recover it in seconds. You can only kill people that are of low levels. X_x
Old 01-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
Have you even tried to pk someone with a high level? Before you can say anything at all, they can run around the map 5 times and back. And if you hit someone, they recover it in seconds. You can only kill people that are of low levels. X_x
I agree - but on the other hand, I don't pk, neither do I aprove of it ooc, nor do I ic - I prefer to run, I'll admit that anytime. And for Zoe, she does rp and is a good princess, so I don't see a problem with her level at all.

Quote: