Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Graal Kingdoms Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Hiring: Kingdoms iPhone

Overview

Well, it has been quite a long time since I have announced any plans for Graal Kingdoms and I am happy to announce today that we are working on a Kingdoms iPhone project.

Looking at GK's current systems, I have decided to scrap them. As a result, I have completely rebuilt GK's system from the ground up. This includes the spell system, combat system, monsters, humans, interface and much more. We are no longer using any portion of the mudlib on this server. Not a single piece of script has been copied over from Graal Kingdoms at this point. Currently I have completed enough work on the server to create playable content, but we're not done yet.

I am not going to go in depth describing the server plans, however, I will say that it is planned to be similar to most other MMORPG (but simpler), and using Graal Kingdoms' graphics. Most of the aesthetic effects on the server are using the latest technologies.

What Positions Are Available (in order of importance, subject to change as project nears completion)
  1. Advanced LEVEL DESIGNERS capable of being creative and developing unique ideas and solutions for common problems that any level designer might encounter. This is not to say that you cannot ask other members of the team for help.
  2. GRAPHIC ARTIST willing to create aesthetic graphics (bushes, potted plants, possibly houses, tiles, etc).
  3. Efficient and top-of-the-line scripting. Any SCRIPTERS applying must be able to create things extremely efficiently while still maintaining pleasant composure on the product. Must be willing to accept advice in order to improve yourself.
  4. STORYLINE WRITER. This is a very important position, and will not be hired easily. I am not looking for recycled lord of the rings plots and ideas. This person will be in charge of helping design a linked storyline for the player to follow with quests and content. Must have nearly scholar-level English writing skills; must be creative and have a wild imagination.
It is important that we (as a team) stay focused. As a result, every single position will be working directly under me.
We will be collaborating and communicating via AIM, email and google docs.

Requirements
  • Positive, respectable attitude. Poor attitudes are nonconstructive and unhealthy for the entire team and will not be tolerated at all.
  • AIM, email, and a google account.
  • Must not share a computer with anyone else on Graal.
  • Willingness to work even if your ideas are rejected.
  • Ability to not share work and ideas outside of the team. If you share any of our confidential plans via screenshot, logs, or any method, I will punish you without question.
Payments and Compensation

Aside from working with the latest technologies in Graal, you may be compensated (depending on your work ethic) with access to Graalv6, gelats, promised staff position upon release, working with an organized goal-oriented team, resumé material, access to Kingdoms Debug and Kingdoms iPhone, and even more.

Contact

Please forum PM or email me ([email protected]) concerning your interest in the project. Please submit your portfolio and/or a brief overview of your experience including samples of your favorite and best work that you've done.

Note: This thread is not available to discuss any of your grievances. This thread is only remaining open for questions relevant to this project.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 08-31-2010 at 03:12 AM..
Old 08-31-2010, 12:00 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Will this new server be cross platform?

Last edited by Tigairius; 08-31-2010 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Removed irrelevant part.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:31 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Will this new server be cross platform?
Right now this is not decided, but leaning towards no.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:22 AM
redsoxsrule424 is on a distinguished road
How much time do we have to apply?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:27 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsrule424 View Post
How much time do we have to apply?
Sooner the better, but you can apply until it's released.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the prompt response! How many LAT's are you looking to hire?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:37 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Thanks for the prompt response! How many LAT's are you looking to hire?
As many as I can

Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested in the project If we apply and assuming we get in will the tileset LATs use be the same as the current GK?

Last edited by redsoxsrule424; 08-31-2010 at 01:53 AM..
Old 08-31-2010, 02:30 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested in the project If we apply and assuming we get in will the tileset LATs use be the same as the current GK?
Yes or similar.

Last edited by Tigairius; 08-31-2010 at 03:19 AM..
Old 08-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
It was a legit question meanie

Better questions so this post isn't deleted:

Will it use the same concepts/items as the real game, just shrunken with different controls? Or will it be a brand new idea?

Will it be 3D terrain, with hills and stuff?

Will the work be done using the current Graal tools? Ie. Editor?

Last edited by Tigairius; 08-31-2010 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: Edited irrelevant parts.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:27 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
It was a legit question meanie

Better questions so this post isn't deleted:

Will it use the same concepts/items as the real game, just shrunken with different controls? Or will it be a brand new idea?

Will it be 3D terrain, with hills and stuff?

Will the work be done using the current Graal tools? Ie. Editor?
Nothing from GK is being carried over except graphics. Completely brand new concepts and ideas.

3D terrain is being used at this point, but could change.

Current graal tools, yes.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:41 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
You know, I'm all for anything positive that's Kingdom's related. But I'm saddened that the PC version isn't getting attention. I hope, and i guess it's sort of a question, that any success Kingdoms iPhone gets would in turn benefit the PC version by way of development/advertisement.

Another question. Would this be available to play on the Motorola Milestone/Android?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:49 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
You know, I'm all for anything positive that's Kingdom's related. But I'm saddened that the PC version isn't getting attention. I hope, and i guess it's sort of a question, that any success Kingdoms iPhone gets would in turn benefit the PC version by way of development/advertisement.

Another question. Would this be available to play on the Motorola Milestone/Android?
Because of the amount of questions coming about this project, I will answer here and this time only. Anything developed for Kingdoms iPhone can be integrated into Graal Kingdoms itself. Any success that's brought to Kingdoms iPhone will also leak over into Graal Kingdoms. It's really beneficial in every way.

And to answer your other question: Android is planned for Graal in the future, aiming for the end of the year (as quoted by Stefan).

Old 08-31-2010, 03:56 AM
Pavilion75 is on a distinguished road
Can I see an example of some GFXes to see the point of perspective before I apply? Maybe like a tree, plant, and maybe a house or somethin. Thanks

~Pavilion75
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavilion75 View Post
Can I see an example of some GFXes to see the point of perspective before I apply? Maybe like a tree, plant, and maybe a house or somethin. Thanks

~Pavilion75
Just log onto GK? He said they're using the same graphics...

Tags
graal kingdoms, iphone, kingdoms iphone