Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Colors expansion for v6!

I think that people are expecting some massive gameplay changes with the introduction of v6, and based on what I've seen when testing it, I believe there might be some disappointment. It's really being left up to the servers to take advantage of new scripting methods, and that's nothing new for the average player. With this in mind, I figured I'd bring up an idea that has been around since before I can remember.

Currently we can change 5 body items, and we're limited to a choice of 19 colors. It would be nice if this default system was expanded to hex colors, and I can't imagine it being too hard to do. Of course, "setcoat #00FF00" isn't exactly newbie friendly, but if you were to use the traditional color names of the hex values it would be fine. Servers (or the GDT) could additionally create color a ring tailor system using the hex values, and it has the potential for coming out great.

I think both the players from PC Graal and the players from the iPhone would LOVE this expansion. It would be a big change. People would finally be able to match their outfits more appropriately, and there'd be a better selection of "brown" and "orange" colors which have always been criticized. It could also be used as an upgrade incentive, allowing "trials" or whatever to only use the default 19 colors. We're not in 1998 anymore, it's time for some more color in our lives!

Last edited by Rufus; 05-09-2010 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: Link approved by Sam
Old 05-09-2010, 05:41 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I think both the players from PC Graal and the players from the iPhone would LOVE this expansion.

YES PLEASE I WOULD LOVE THIS VERY MUCH
Old 05-09-2010, 06:06 PM
SKJF91 will become famous soon enough
would be cooler if we could take advantage of replacing colors in the palette of an image through script
Old 05-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKJF91 View Post
would be cooler if we could take advantage of replacing colors in the palette of an image through script
Why? You'd be able to do that using this (just don't use any of the other colors) and wouldn't be limited to using 19 colors as a selection.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:15 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Era has something like this for nicknames, doesn't it? A color wheel that lets you select colors? If that's possible, I'm sure this seems easily do-able.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:16 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Era has something like this for nicknames, doesn't it? A color wheel that lets you select colors? If that's possible, I'm sure this seems easily do-able.
Kind of- totally different as to what Rufus is recommending though
Old 05-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Yeah, you just choose the number corresponding of the ap you want, and that number has its own color.
We could eventualy use a similar system to reproduce the ap system colors, so players would just need to find the color they like and write down the corresponding number.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:20 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Era has a scripted nickname system, though. It emulates the default system perfectly, but it's more CPU-intensive since it's not hard-coded. There's no realistic way to script different colors for different body parts.

Anyway, I agree 100%, although I'd rather see RGB values used instead of HEX (something like "255,0,0") since HEX is seldom used elsewhere in Graal. Crow's color picker is in the code gallery somewhere, and that could be used as well by any interested servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Yeah, you just choose the number corresponding of the ap you want, and that number has its own color.
We could eventualy use a similar system to reproduce the ap system colors, so players would just need to find the color they like and write down the corresponding number.
Hi— you have no idea what you're talking about, sorry. It doesn't use AP at all and allows full color (255^3 combinations).
Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
allows full color (255^3 combinations).
Not exactly, since the color picker is using getImgPixel(), and the provided image only has ~9800 different colors, but that's more than enough
Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
I'd rather see RGB values used instead of HEX (something like "255,0,0") since HEX is seldom used elsewhere in Graal.
That could work too, I was just using hex as an example because of its associated html names.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Not exactly, since the color picker is using getImgPixel(), and the provided image only has ~9800 different colors, but that's more than enough
Well, the nickname system allows 255^3 colors .
Old 05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Kind of- totally different as to what Rufus is recommending though
I'm aware of that, I was just saying that the process of being able to change colors, aside from the pre-set ones, isn't unheard of.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I didn't even know, I just remember that last time I went on Era (quite a while ago) I was using a command like /ap 100 and I was getting a golden nickname,
so I always thought it was using the ap system to pick colors.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:29 PM
SKJF91 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Why? You'd be able to do that using this (just don't use any of the other colors) and wouldn't be limited to using 19 colors as a selection.
You're talking about bodies, i'm talking about in general scripting.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
255^4, considering alpha, no?

Also, you know I'm already for this idea, the only reason I suggest HEX is because it's simpler to handle than inputting three different numbers, and players could easily copy/paste HEX from web pages/graphic programs.

Also, palettes would just complicate things.