Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Application: Deophite-_-

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

My real name is Wesley and I’m 23 years old. I have been playing Graal since sometime around 2000. My account name is Deophite18 and my handle is Deophite-_-. I have been a GP on Classic Graal for a few years now. That is where I am mainly known, however, I have played a handful of other servers including GK, UN, Npulse, Zodiac, and Zone. Over the years I have come to realize I’m the type of person you either like or you don’t. There aren’t really any shades of gray. I play graal only as a hobby. Just something to do in my free time.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

As I said, I have been a GP on classic for about 3 years now. I have never applied for any other staff job on any server. I have never really been interested in something such as FAQ even though I sometimes feel like it’s a part of being a GP at least on my server. As for development, I don’t script. I am mediocre at making levels but have never been interested in pursuing a job involving it.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

I am mature in a game mostly populated by immature children. I am unbiased and I have always entered any situation with a neutral perspective. I have always been pretty good at resolving player related issues and disputes.

The reason I am applying for this now is simple. I have always felt like I could do more as a staff member. As a GP on one server I am limited and I have often thought I could be more helpful and productive doing something else with my staff time.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What amount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

High School Graduate. Will be graduating this fall from college with Computer Networking Degree. I am employed and currently work as a Pharmacy Tech. I could probably put in about 3 hours a day to graal-related duties. More of course during summer.

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

I agree with what others have said about making them more accessible. But also id like to see the PWA become more accessible as well. As of now it’s difficult to get a hold of them without creating support tickets. In my opinion PWA has always been plagued by inactivity and I would like to see that change.

Create more ways to get in contact with them and also be a little more active on some of the playerworlds. Graal politics can be nasty and a pain to deal with. PWA sometimes have to listen to different point of views from all kinds of staff members and based on that make certain and sometimes difficult decisions. I think part of being more active, instead of basing a lot of the decisions they make on what they are told by other staff members that they should get in there and become part of the active community and see for themselves what is really going on with the specific playerworld. That way they can make a more accurate and fair decision on whatever it is that needs to be done.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.

Really everything I have done as a GP has to show good judgement. But sometimes going above and beyond normal duties to answer unrelated technical questions or to help and show new players the ropes or help them with quest related things that FAQ usually handle. Handling disputes in a mature and fair manner. Treating all players fairly and sometimes regrettably having to punish friends of mine who think my rules do not apply to them. That is all.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned
TheFisherman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheFisherman
Approval
Old 03-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
Finally someone who doesn't go, "I cld dedi 16 hrs a dya, and 25 0n smmer dys!"

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
full endorsement from me
Old 03-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I approve of deo. Pretty active guy around most times and he seems very qualified in comparison to the other applicants.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 AM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
Nabru likes deo!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:07 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I don't know you personally, but I like your application, so based off of that, I think you would be a fine playerworld administrator.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember Deo from GK quite well; he was an awesome guy and I never had an issue with him once. I also remember how hard I laughed when I saw him on Zone a couple times. It was so bizzare.

Anyway, he's got my vote.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Nice application.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Graalian Stallion
Thanks for the positive feedback guys & gals
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 PM
my name isn't bold, HA!
NeoJenova will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NeoJenova Send a message via Yahoo to NeoJenova
I support him!

Deophite has always shown a great personality!

Mature and professional.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Deophite would be a great addition to the Playerworld Administration team - I support him.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Desear
UnknownMasterMind is on a distinguished road
Amazing Application although, the lack of Scripting knowledge will set you back a bit from the other candidates.

I support you though, sound like a person who would do the job, and do it right.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMasterMind View Post
...the lack of Scripting knowledge will set you back a bit from the other candidates.
Not really, it isn't our job to script anything. We even have a separate team for that, so it's really only a bonus when you are first-on-scene to a scripting mess.

Deophite,
Could you elaborate on your thoughts more? Specifically, giving better access to PWA to the players and areas you see the service level lacking?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post

Deophite,
Could you elaborate on your thoughts more? Specifically, giving better access to PWA to the players and areas you see the service level lacking?
Ever since PWA existed, it has kind of been in the background. There is a large percentage of players that have never even heard of PWA. Even a lot of local staff on different playerworlds. Out of the ones that have actually heard of it, a lot of them don’t even really know what you guys do. This leads me to my next point. Even if its only one playerworld admin, Id like to see PWA log more hours on various player worlds to make it easier for players to actually find you without searching the forum or putting in a ticket. I personally would make it known to as many people as possible, who I am, what I do, and how I can and cannot help you. And if I cannot help you show you who can. Try to familiarize myself with as many local staff as possible so word gets around. Wear staff tags more often as well so you are easier to find.

On several occasions IV seen players skipping from server to server looking for a global admin for whatever problem it was they were having at the time. Usually I would point them towards the support center or tell them to use forum PM. More than often those people don’t know what the support center is and the ones who already put in tickets said they were still waiting for a response. This reinforces my idea about becoming more active in the actual community so this wouldn’t be as big of an issue. Also, as you know only people with gold can use the forums which currently leaves the support center as the only means of contact with the PWA for a lot of people.

As far as I can see the PWA section of the forums has never been used for anything other than applications. A section for people who have legit PWA specific questions that don’t really require them to fill out a support ticket could be useful. Maybe sticky a thread that details what the PWA actually does for quick access for the people who don’t already know.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting

Last edited by Deophite18; 03-26-2008 at 10:39 PM..