Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 06:47 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That chat log is stupid as I don't care what the 40 people I'm not having a conversation with have to say
and that is why it will only be improved instead of removed
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Improved how so? You mean like the rest of the tacky updates UN has that seem to exist purely for the scripter to show off what they can do (such as the alternative to the playerlist that fell off the face of the Earth, or the local guild system, or the gag function that was never used)? The chat log is just another one of those trivial things that pops up because it looked like a good idea for a split second. If things like that are going to be added to the server, things designed to create a more "improved" interface, then they need to be unanimously good, not something that a good portion of the playerbase is going to disable.

The only significant updates UN sees (at least from what I've seen) are unnecessary things like forums, and other ways to make UN more about the chatting than the actual game, with almost nothing geared toward actual content. Very few actual "gameplay" aspects. Event are made badly and then not improved. Quests are announced and never finished. Plenty of things such as the RPG system have existed and provided for something to actually do on UN, but rather than fix that, it has been passed up in favor of cluttering the user interface even more.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Improved how so? You mean like the rest of the tacky updates UN has that seem to exist purely for the scripter to show off what they can do (such as the alternative to the playerlist that fell off the face of the Earth, or the local guild system, or the gag function that was never used)? The chat log is just another one of those trivial things that pops up because it looked like a good idea for a split second. If things like that are going to be added to the server, things designed to create a more "improved" interface, then they need to be unanimously good, not something that a good portion of the playerbase is going to disable.

The only significant updates UN sees (at least from what I've seen) are unnecessary things like forums, and other ways to make UN more about the chatting than the actual game, with almost nothing geared toward actual content. Very few actual "gameplay" aspects. Event are made badly and then not improved. Quests are announced and never finished. Plenty of things such as the RPG system have existed and provided for something to actually do on UN, but rather than fix that, it has been passed up in favor of cluttering the user interface even more.
are you seriously asking for a unanimously good interface on graal? because there will never be one in existence, ever
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
are you seriously asking for a unanimously good interface on graal? because there will never be one in existence, ever
That's the point. If the clutter you want to fill the screen with is not absolutely perfect, it shouldn't exist at all.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:03 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
That's the point. If the clutter you want to fill the screen with is not absolutely perfect, it shouldn't exist at all.
does my screen look cluttered to you?
Old 10-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Could always wait for the external windows v6 is supposed to have.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:28 PM
_Zelph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You mean like the rest of the tacky updates UN has that seem to exist purely for the scripter to show off what they can do (such as the alternative to the playerlist that fell off the face of the Earth)
Until now, I had no idea that that was my intent when creating that playerlist. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:20 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zelph View Post
Until now, I had no idea that that was my intent when creating that playerlist. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
If it was a functional, useful, necessary tool, it would exist today.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
If it was a functional, useful, necessary tool, it would exist today.
That pretty much sums up why it exists today. What, you thought it didn't? V6 isn't even out yet, so why release a playerlist that's forced to be internal? You'd just complain about that too. When the playerlist was developed however long ago, it was when V6 was going to be out "really soon for real this time" and the default playerlist at the time was severely lacking. Several of the features that were conceived in the creation of that playerlist were moved to the default playerlist, so it's going to exist in one form or another whether you like it or not. I'd apologize for that, but your complaints are so hilariously vapid that it wouldn't make sense.

Also, sorry for the forums. Since usefulness has a direct correlation to whether something should exist, I have no idea how they're still around. I guess we should go back to having a new external website/vbulletin every 6 months or so until it gets overrun with spam bots and the person who bought the domain no longer works for the server.

Pick better things to about. Many of the things that you hate, like the chat system, are opt-out. I know I sure as hell did on day one.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
That pretty much sums up why it exists today.
Then we're talking about something different. The GIM thing?

Quote:
Many of the things that you hate, like the chat system, are opt-out. I know I sure as hell did on day one.
Things shouldn't be made if you know people are just going to disable it. There are more important things to be worked on.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Then we're talking about something different. The GIM thing?
Yes the playerlist was part of the GIM project. There haven't been any other "alternatives to the playerlist that fell off the face of the earth" that I know of, although I cannot claim to know everything that's going on considering how little time I've been spending on Graal.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Things shouldn't be made if you know people are just going to disable it. There are more important things to be worked on.
they also made it for people they knew were going to make use of it

honestly you act like something is bad if it can be disabled, which is just irrational