Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Why give up a job you worked so long and hard for.

Whatever it is man, i think you should keep rollin with era.
In all honesty, "Each to their own" is the best way for you think about it. If you were in my position, and didn't want to simply give that up for something else which (if nothing else) you otherwise desire, that'd of course be your own choice, and you'd have your own reasons. Mine follows the path I stated.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
I think TSA would make good PWA.He is a very hard working player.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Veteranspy is an unknown quantity at this point
I vote for TSAdmin to be a PWA.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I worked with TSAdmin once on Zodiac. When I was LAT Admin. He was a good hardworking player.

But wasn't there a point in time which he sold staff positions on Era, for real life money?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I worked with TSAdmin once on Zodiac. When I was LAT Admin. He was a good hardworking player.

But wasn't there a point in time which he sold staff positions on Era, for real life money?
You're probably thinking of Smu (Smutastic), there.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Here is a good question for you, what is being done to prevent further saturation of Era's economy? The server seems to be locked down, much like Zodiac with people selling items for a ridiculous amount leaving newcomers and possible trial to pay clients torn between having a friend get them started to turning them away to another MMO.

I say this from personal experience since I have recently tried Era and Zodiac (extensively) since its been slow at work but :P I leveled to 60 in Zodiac in a week and ended up quitting since the economy is ran by seasoned players who charge an arm and a leg for gear, and lets face it there is no 'end-game' content for people to enjoy just get the best gear and create another character.

But back to Era, I can't imagine how many shells I'd have to dig up in order to be competitive on the server thanks to poor economy management.

Last edited by Mafukie; 04-02-2008 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: -don't
Old 04-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie
Here is a good question for you, what is being done to prevent further saturation of Era's economy? The server seems to be locked down, much like Zodiac with people selling items for a ridiculous amount leaving newcomers and possible trial to pay clients torn between having a friend get them started to turning them away to another MMO.

I say this from personal experience since I have recently tried Era and Zodiac (extensively) since its been slow at work but :P I leveled to 60 in Zodiac in a week and ended up quitting since the economy is ran by seasoned players who charge an arm and a leg for gear, and lets face it there is no 'end-game' content for people to enjoy just get the best gear and create another character.

But back to Era, I can't imagine how many shells I'd have to dig up in order to be competitive on the server thanks to poor economy management.
I'm assuming you're talking about the horrible prices "on the street", which are always ridiculous, anyway.

The only reason things are so expensive, these days, is the same reason for the reset - Thanks to some crazy pains in the butts finding and exploiting it, (then further-more making public how to do it) duping has been an issue. For about a month, now, there's been issues with players duping items, cash, anything they can think of (even Shells). With millions of dollars being duped, these money dupers were buying up all the "rare" weapons and demanding outrageous amounts of money to sell them back to the public. These are the types of people we were able to catch early, since they weren't exactly being discrete about advertising themselves.

Others weren't so easy to pick up on. Maybe they duped in small amounts (only duped what they needed at the time), who knows, but these 'slower dupers' are the type that started out this frenzy, which lead to the in-shop prices being increased in certain places. At the time, we didn't know where this cash was coming from, and figured "Up the price on those powerful weapons, and those with the money will then no longer have that money", which obviously didn't take. They'd dupe the money, then spend it as if they lost nothing, yet gained the powerful weapon.

Cutting the long story off: We've implemented an annoying, yet so far effective way to stop duping. It's a drop confirm window type thing. As it was, you could only dupe while the server was lagging (*cough* or while another server was lagging all the other Classic servers - which happens the most often *cough*). Thus, we added a feature to the already made, and optional at the time, drop confirm window where if the server didn't respond to the clientsided GUI that told you about the item you were dropping after 5 seconds - That item drop was unsuccessful and the information about your item was cleared from the screen. However, if the server is able to respond, you're then faced with confirm/deny buttons. Should the server start lagging AFTER these buttons appear, there's another check for about 1-1.5 seconds for that before the item is actually dropped. No response = no drop.

Basically - Duping: that's why our economy is horribly unbalanced right now, and if this system holds, the already planned reset will at least help us get a fresh and uncorrupted start without the worry of someone duping an AK47 or $1 over and over again and instantly put Era back in the hole we managed to fix ourselves from getting in. I'm just glad that this issue was discovered before the reset.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 AM
graal player lord
TSAdmin was this true? About you selling staff positions for real life money? Or just a rumor?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
TSAdmin was this true? About you selling staff positions for real life money? Or just a rumor?
Check the post before mine and Mafukie's I didn't know of a rumour, but no, it's not true. The rumour starters probably thought about Smu.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:22 AM
graal player lord
Well it might have not of been you then.. Maybe you were dealing with THAT problem at the time then I guess. I believe you.

Therefore, you got my thumbs up.
Keep up the good work.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Despite all the recent harshness I've thrown at TSAdmin, I think he'd be perfect for PWA. The main complaint I've had with him recently is the fact that he doesn't listen to anything I say anymore, but that's reasonable with how hard it is to take me seriously when every complaint I have is illustrated in it's own 3 page essay. TSAdmin deals with his problems very well on Era however much I disagree with some of them. If anyone can manage to calmly answer while I'm giving them hell for 2 weeks straight over deleting a set of guns, then they can also manage to deal with whoever else might be asking for help.

Good luck, TSAdmin.

Edit: By the way, no, TSAdmin would never sell staff positions, USD items, or anything of the sort.

Last edited by Spikedude; 04-08-2008 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: added detail from a post earlier
Old 09-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Very nice application. Congratulations1!