Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 04:10 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Only thing useful about Koho's ideas is: The hiring once per week and the minimum point requirement. Otherwise, it's too outlandish and the "success" he screams about doesn't seem plausible. I will say though, we need to return to the 3-4 large gang model for the summer since Era's playerbase can sustain it during that time period. After then, we should just revert to this model or bare with era's activity drastically declining. This format for gangs would blow over the summer -_-.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 04-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Only thing useful about Koho's ideas is: The hiring once per week and the minimum point requirement. Otherwise, it's too outlandish and the "success" he screams about doesn't seem plausible. I will say though, we need to return to the 3-4 large gang model for the summer since Era's playerbase can sustain it during that time period. After then, we should just revert to this model or bare with era's activity drastically declining. This format for gangs would blow over the summer -_-.
Nothing will ever work if you don't try it, is what i am screaming.

3-4 'large' gangs. Sorry, won't work. Already done that, we know that out of the 4 gangs only 2 are ever active and not even highly active.

Nothing personal but i wouldn't trust anything that come out of your mouth anymore Wil. Proved to be a failure twice, let's not let it happen a third time.

I'm out.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
oh dam
Old 04-20-2014, 01:15 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
It's hard to get players interested in anything. The issue I'm having lately is getting players to use the new inventory I worked on and the only excuse they can come up with is it's too different.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:46 AM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
It's hard to get players interested in anything. The issue I'm having lately is getting players to use the new inventory I worked on and the only excuse they can come up with is it's <b>too different.</b>
That doesn't bother me. I did vote for Obama after all. The reason I don't use it is because I don't trust it yet. I carry almost all of my items on me and I am paranoid in that I might be organizing items in the new inventory and accidentally drop something without knowing. Same reason why I don't buy new stuff right away (like the PS4/Xbone), because there might be something really faulty with the first batch of consoles. I know you are still sorting some bugs with this new inventory too, so I am just going to wait a while longer. It does look nice though. What I like best are the features that allow you to organize your items.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:13 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanNing View Post
The reason I don't use it is because I don't trust it yet. I carry almost all of my items on me and I am paranoid in that I might be organizing items in the new inventory and accidentally drop something without knowing.
I can assure that you won't accidently drop an item, this functionality is very close to the previous inventory. There's no need to worry & you should report these issues to me if they do end up happening. I can't fix it if you're not reporting it.

Quote:
I know you are still sorting some bugs with this new inventory too, so I am just going to wait a while longer.
As far as bugs go, none have been reported to me this week (yay). So as far as general usage with the inventory, there will not be any updates to these areas. Newer updates are account locked to myself and do not affect other players until released.

Quote:
Same reason why I don't buy new stuff right away (like the PS4/Xbone), because there might be something really faulty with the first batch of consoles.
Off topic: I did end up getting a PS4 and so far it's been really great (I use it every day). Games boot up very quickly and the controller is a huge upgrade for me. I don't think it's the greatest idea to wait on buying something though, if you get a faulty device they replace it. End of story.

If you use the new inventory, you can report bugs and I can fix them.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:20 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
The other day randomly every item was in every tab, don't know if that was intended or not, but I'm not dragging everything out of the other tabs, so for now I have 4 tabs with all my items in it.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:01 AM
Quote:
That doesn't bother me. I did vote for Obama after all. The reason I don't use it is because I don't trust it yet. I carry almost all of my items on me and I am paranoid in that I might be organizing items in the new inventory and accidentally drop something without knowing. Same reason why I don't buy new stuff right away (like the PS4/Xbone), because there might be something really faulty with the first batch of consoles. I know you are still sorting some bugs with this new inventory too, so I am just going to wait a while longer. It does look nice though. What I like best are the features that allow you to organize your items.
the new inventory is great. like tim said earlier just report it if something bad happens. era has logs so they will know if you did lose an item on accident. why carry everything on you tho? dont you have a house
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
having many gangs is pointless because you end up with few members online for a shitload of gangs. it's not a raid but it's FFA.

the ideal number is 4 but era's activity is disgraceful and nowadays people seem to favour playing retarded events as opposed to raiding. so the best number of gangs would be 2 but at that point (as we've already seen in the past) the gang in the lead stops raiding around thursday and the gang following has no ways to catch up points. this leaves us with the only viable option ----> 3gangs

this obviously will not solve all the other problems there are with raiding nowadays but the too many gangs issue wouldn't add itself to all the other problems
Old 04-20-2014, 07:06 PM
^that post just reminded me why it didn't work the first time when era only had 3/4 gangs last year or whatever. no one was really raiding anymore and gang inactivity went down. basically, people would only raid when wil was on. yeah, whatever happens I don't think it will matter.

right now merc is in 1st with about 3.3k points and 2nd place is elite faction with about 1.3k points.

and gang events was cancelled today because not enough players on. can't wait for the summer.

Last edited by Zongui; 04-20-2014 at 07:53 PM..
Old 04-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
right now merc is in 1st with about 3.3k points and 2nd place is elite faction with about 1.3k points.

and gang events was cancelled today because not enough players on. can't wait for the summer.
It's like that every week with points, I don't think we've had any second place gangs match 50% of our points a week since the 12 member limit allowed us to take 3 extra players off the waiting queue.

I have no clue why the events were cancelled, I asked Seth and he refused to comment on it. There were sufficient players among sufficient gangs, and the competition was definitely fierce; I got more gang deaths in that one bhpk than I have the past two weeks of raiding combined.

I had a pretty cool idea for future gangs; brainstormed it with Rams, Amsel, and Ishmael the other day. SM really liked it too, hopefully it will go somewhere. It's way too complex to post the full idea without a tl;dr so lets just see what happens with gangs before summer comes.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Nothing will ever work if you don't try it, is what i am screaming.

3-4 'large' gangs. Sorry, won't work. Already done that, we know that out of the 4 gangs only 2 are ever active and not even highly active.

Nothing personal but i wouldn't trust anything that come out of your mouth anymore Wil. Proved to be a failure twice, let's not let it happen a third time.

I'm out.
Two gangs won't work for reasons I don't feel like getting into.

Three gangs won't work for logistical reasons.

It's either four or many more, pick your poison.

An aside: It's trial and error. Some ideas work, some don't, and some are just not worth trying, ever. Guess which category yours fits in? Exactly. Some of the things I designed are still in effect (i.e. even this current gang system was a framework founded by me, loyalty stuff, guns, bases, etc etc).

I think this system works fine for the school year. It keeps raiding relative and gangs somewhat alive (best you can do). The summer, however, needs adjustments... just not yours, Koho. They're not good, other than the one piece I highlighted earlier.

Rogue I'd like to hear what you guys came up with.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 04-21-2014, 01:35 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I still don't know why people even bother writing on the forums. Nothing ever gets done.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
delete BH pk, it's retarded and jst interrupts real raids.

if you like retarded, play ULMS
Old 04-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I have to say I agree with the BH PK thing. It's silly and just falsely inflates gang/player stats.
Closed Thread