Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Why iZone is not popular like.....

Why iZone is not popular like iClassic and iEra.

I was very curious about it, but I figured it out yesterday. When on iEra and iClassic you have the chance to buy the "+" app with some really good advantages and a starter pack, you wont have this feature on iZone. I paid 1.79 EUR for the application with no starter pack, not even few Gelats to make my own Squad etc.
In my opinion this Iphone Server got rushed to much. Should have made a free and paid version like iClassic and iEra. I am not happy with this.
Also thats mostly the reason people wont buy the app, see the Playercount.

Otherwise, it looks really neat. Sometimes I have some lag on my Iphone (4s, 32gb) but maybe its just me.
I hope the paid Players will get some nice stuff later on though.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
They wanted to release it early for people who paid, then a free version following. From what I heard. I am surprised the playercount is so low but maybe with the free version soon it will go back up?

Like I said in another forum, ALOT of people were on the drop ship just idle.. why idle on an iOS device o.O.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
not sure if you ever followed the release from iEra/iClassic, but they all just had the '+' version at the beginning and the 'lite' version a few months later (not sure about iclassic anymore but i think they had it aswell).

you have the same starter stuff like on iEra and iClassic:
your house
more possebilities to create your character
200 Gralats for the starter
starter gun + knife

the free version will most likely be released in the same month as it got for iEra which was around february i think. Before that, the playercount hasnt been that high aswell - now we are keeping up with iClassic, sometimes we got even more players than them
Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
not sure if you ever followed the release from iEra/iClassic, but they all just had the '+' version at the beginning and the 'lite' version a few months later (not sure about iclassic anymore but i think they had it aswell).

your house
starter gun + knife

the free version will most likely be released in the same month as it got for iEra which was around february i think. Before that, the playercount hasnt been that high aswell - now we are keeping up with iClassic, sometimes we got even more players than them
Yeah, it's gonna take some time to get a high playerount. Still when they bridge iZone to PC with even the current playercount they will have a very fun server for everyone to play on pc.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
I paid 1.79 EUR for the application with no starter pack, not even few Gelats to make my own Squad etc.
I wouldn't be complaining if PC servers cost €1.79 for permanent access, as opposed to €36 for 12 months of proper access.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I wouldn't be complaining if PC servers cost €1.79 for permanent access, as opposed to €36 for 12 months of proper access.
Me either, we pay for gold to use on non-gold servers.. it's silly!! bring back lifetime subscriptions eurocenter !!!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post

your house
starter gun + knife

if I remember correctly you had guild packs with the paid version of iClassic, and a house too.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
if I remember correctly you had guild packs with the paid version of iClassic, and a house too.
what do you mean with guild packs? you still had to pay for your guild and for the allies an extra amount like now. i dont remember them being included when you started playing.
and you now also have a house within the '+' version, just got another name
Old 12-24-2012, 05:51 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
I think one big reason is that there is no free version and no Facebook version.

Outside of that, I'm really not sure why. iZone is very addictive, even when playing through the PC. You have to use mouse to shoot and IJKL but we're going to convert to WASD in the new year.

This may upset old PC Zone players but I've played both and, even in its could-be-improved state, it's beats old Zone by far.

One thing that sucks with iZone is that there isn't a lot for squads to do yet. This is going to change soon in a big way

Quote:
Conquest

One of two new squad PvP updates, Conquest will have squads battle it out to take over 4 bases on a new planet. When all 4 bases are owned, the whole planet is owned by the squad and is held for a number of minutes.

Warzone

The second new update will be a way for squad leaders to organise private 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 matches with other squads. Each squad match will have a private arena to battle in.
We will also introduce 1 v 1 melee-only sparring very soon too:

Quote:
Fight Club

Along with a new melee weapon, we will release Fight Club, a 1 on 1 melee-only spar arena, which will function much like sparring on iEra without guns.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
Outside of that, I'm really not sure why. iZone is very addictive, even when playing through the PC. You have to use mouse to shoot and IJKL but we're going to convert to WASD in the new year.
i wanted to do an option for FB users on iEra that they could change the keys (will have to mess around with that on iEra Dev) but you should do the same.
it seems weird to lots of people, but as example my s key is broken (true story :P). yet i always have to use copy&paste in case to use the s key and i really got used to it. as for games, i keep changing the required s key to the x key, also got used to that.
because of that it would be really stupid if people having problems with several keys couldnt play the pc client (or fb client). thats why i think there should be an option to change the keys, not being forced to use keys which might not work due to some reasons
Old 12-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned
Anyone happen to know the statistic breakdown between Free, +, and Facebook players on a server? It would be interesting to see live statistics, like a pie chart.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I think one big reason is that there is no free version and no Facebook version.

This may upset old PC Zone players but I've played both and, even in its could-be-improved state, it's beats old Zone by far.

One thing that sucks with iZone is that there isn't a lot for squads to do yet. This is going to change soon in a big way

We will also introduce 1 v 1 melee-only sparring very soon too:
Sounds nice, hope it will turn out good

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Known as XENA*
Phorcys will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Phorcys
At the beginning i loved it but got bored really quickly...

Peace & Love

Old 12-25-2012, 08:23 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
When I got shown the AI in the baddies, I was impressed.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Why is iZone not popular? iEra already satisfies the shooterpeople, and it has no Elk in its Development Team