Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 09:42 AM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Dead Waking Culture: Era's Final Atavistic Throes

Gentlemen:

For reasons unknown, I decided to frequent your virtual gangbanger daycare. As I toured the city, I realized much had changed since my last visit. I was able to procure a map from a local sap, and was aghast to see that drastic changes had occurred to geography beyond the shores. The island formerly known as Southridge had ostensibly disappeared, with only two lesser growths of land on either side.

But what does this matter? (I hear you asking me this in a soft and patient tone.) Realizing the apparent eradication of Southridge, a fear gripped me at the core of my being. The one building that mattered - that one centre of culture that stood mocking the slough of ignorance and bigotry that comprise Era - had likely died along with the rest. Yes, I am referring to the Potluck Pig. Within those sacred walls, lifetimes of stories intertwined amongst spirits, smokes, and close allies. The primal bellowing from street thugs and contract killers was muted to the point of a soft whisper. Assassins became philosophers, and bandits scholars.

I searched frantically throughout the remains of the islands - only to find mansions housing the elite and capitalist dogma along with trinket shops meant to enthrall the simple-minded.

Who could have done this? Who is responsible for the destruction of the last beacon of culture in this most wretched and hideous of cities? And what have we gained, save for bedizened mansions meant to please the affluent and ostentatious? What monstrous and fatuous entity would order the eradication of Era's last hope for societal progression?

This is the end, Era. I should demand a response and an apology from those responsible for this most grievous act, but I have no care for you at all anymore. Have your staged gun duels and pretentious housing. Engage in your inane shouting contests. Revel in your shallow past-times of flower-picking and shell hunting.

LAST KNOWN IMAGE OF THE POTLUCK PIG, C. 2010 CE

Gone are the nights of wine-fueled reveries, with clouds of smoke billowing towards the wood-grained horizon. Nevermore shall a game of darts be played whilst deep in the throes of philosophical discussions and quandaries. Gone is the final haven for the enlightened and the brave, and gone is the hope that this atavism may some day be reversed.

I condemn you, Era, for there is now truly nothing left to save.

You guys seriously ****ed up.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
lmao xD
Old 05-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
It's to the right of the hospital, where the old skate-shop used to be.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:11 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Its still there, they have just moved upto the main island
http://imgur.com/gwg7b
Old 05-12-2012, 06:27 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Its still there, they have just moved upto the main island
http://imgur.com/gwg7b

That construct that looks like a hybrid office-building and apartment complex is most certainly not the Potluck Pig. The sign does look suspiciously familiar, so perhaps it was saved from the rubble. Industrial vents on the ceiling? Walls of windows lining the hideous exterior so that any curious passerby may gaze upon the happenings inside? This is not the Potluck Pig.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Potluck Pig was not the only victim...have you seen the Event House? I've been complaining about it for weeks, but Tim_Rocks just laughs in my face.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Potluck Pig was not the only victim...have you seen the Event House? I've been complaining about it for weeks, but Tim_Rocks just laughs in my face.
I agree 100% on this.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
serious post is serious
but yeah it's still there, it just got moved

Last edited by Logababy; 05-14-2012 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: I FORGOT SOMETHING
Old 05-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I too came back to find all these changes also, I was pretty disappointed as well.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:04 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
take it from somebody enveloped by chronic depression: nobody's impressed by your ****ing vocabulary.

the server is different. there are people at the helm that are pretty gross. nobody cares.

move on like the rest of us have.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
take it from somebody enveloped by chronic depression: nobody's impressed by your ****ing vocabulary.

the server is different. there are people at the helm that are pretty gross. nobody cares.

move on like the rest of us have.
This.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Did you guys miss the day in school when they taught you what satire is?

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Yes.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Calling it satire implies that there's actual humor.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:03 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Since TK hasn't posted in this thread yet, it's the closest thing we've got.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.