Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake here, but who EXACTLY is Katie? I've never heard of her, and from what I am reading there's a lot of implying that she is Tig's girlfriend? Personally I don't really care if she is or isn't, but I do care to know what everyone else is asking:

1) Documentation of additions
I said it with the last intake, and I'll say it again: Without documentation, no wonder the team is falling apart. No one knows what's going on around them in their immediate vicinity, metaphorically speaking. Not telling anyone that someone's been added is only cause for confusion when they pop up and say "I'm in the GDT, but you will have to take my word for it until you can ask ____"

2) With this addition, what skill are we boosting in the team? Specifically in the Levels department.
Going to the Misty Mug is just 1 place. Saying she's submitted tons of work to UN is just 1 claim. Where's her credibility being displayed in specific detail?
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-06-2009, 04:05 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
2) With this addition, what skill are we boosting in the team? Specifically in the Levels department.
Going to the Misty Mug is just 1 place. Saying she's submitted tons of work to UN is just 1 claim. Where's her credibility being displayed in specific detail?
That's what everyone is getting at, you put it in a much better format though.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:15 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
GDT members should expect to have their credentials and skills questioned, especially if they are not an active public member (forums, communal PW work etc.).

I have seen a few GDT members and I mean no offence to the team but most of the time I don't know who they are or what they are capable of. This is probably because I am rather antisocial unless I know you but it leads up to my feelings on these circumstances.

If I see a player with a GDT tag, I will not simply go, "Oh hey a GDT tag! Awesome! Have all the access you want!” While I'm sure the application process is thorough and I hold Tig, TSA, Skyld and the other senior members in very high esteem, I would still like to verify the player myself.

What I don't want to see is, "Hey. I'm GDT. I'll need this much access as I've been requested to do <blah> from above". I don't want to see, "I have a GDT tag and I'm a global and that's plenty enough to trust me". Personally, I would put them through the same process as any other player as I see them (and by extension, the GDT team as a whole) accountable to the Graal community.

Now, you could come back and say, "The GDT is outside the community. The members will be set on PWA/GST created tasks and will be working outside of the community" but if this is the case (and I don't think is), I don't think they deserve a global tag.

I see global tag is a privilege and as such, I would have expectations. I want to see the GDT take an active part in the forums. I would like to see each member held to a quota of, say, one knowledge base article on the wiki every fortnight in their particular field. I want each potential member to be judged by the community before being added. I don't want members to be added because, "they work for this server" or "they are my friend and I know they are a good developer". Should be a community decision rather than one member taking it upon themselves. (I don't know if this was the case with this current issue)

If the team won't be taking an active interest in community opinion and standards then I will never want any part of their dealings. The GDT started out with community interaction and support and I'd hate to see a fallout.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
2) Saying she's submitted tons of work to UN is just 1 claim. Where's her credibility being displayed in specific detail?
id like to see the work she submitted, maybe these were plain levels.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:02 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I've never heard of her, and from what I am reading there's a lot of implying that she is Tig's girlfriend? Personally I don't really care if she is or isn't
It is relevant if her addition is not only based on her skills and also of having close connections to another staff.
We all know there are some excellent and for many years active developers on Graal, why nobody ask them first?
Another question is why also the GDT members get to know about her addition here in this thread?
Additions to the global staff team should be made in a better, decent way.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It is relevant if her addition is not only based on her skills and also of having close connections to another staff
I agree entirely, but what I mean is that I personally don't care if she is or isn't his girlfriend. I care about the reasons she was added. If the reason she was added was not on a professional scale then it is definitely a problem and I would care about their relationship interfering with business and all. But if her addition were professional, many here would love to see and hear of the deciding factors that are current considering the secondary level bothering many people: We know nothing of this person or what she's bringing to the table.

I'm making sure not to sound like a hypocrite here toward Tig though, as I have also been in such a position where as Manager of Era I hired my girlfriend as an LAT, and regardless of the fact she was entirely skilled and her addition was strictly professional, it did cause an uproar much like this is and while I don't care about their personal relationship, I am merely hoping that it has not affected Tig's judgement regarding this choice to add her to the team.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
iZone Administrator
Why not make a GDT Application forum on here like the rest of the 'Global' positions?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:15 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Why not make a GDT Application forum on here like the rest of the 'Global' positions?
I agree
Old 12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
The GDT is annoying
Someone of the GDT logged on my server because I needed help, bothered me and logged out. Thank you for the "nice" GDT staff...

Useless anyway (if I ask, I just get bothered and not the help I expected)...

What is the GDT for (if they don't help with the development of hosted servers)? I had to do nearly all the stuff at my own but its a way too much (okay, most of the things I need are done).
Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
The GDT is annoying
Someone of the GDT logged on my server because I need help, bothered me and logged out. Thank you for the "nice" GDT staff...
I do the same sometimes....the first level can be an incredible warning sign
Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
if katie was a good addition then the GDT should have zero problem in proving that she was a good addition, and that should apply for every member on that team. if she is a proficient leveler, then when questions about credibility arise there should be ample examples of her levels to show the public, the same for any part of the team. having these additions be on the sole judgment of global staff with no explanation to the public community, especially when they are not well known in the community already, raises the question of why they were really added. if you've got nothing to hide, then prove it was a solid choice and we can move on
Old 12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Okay, then I am not the only one who has problems with these dudes. Continue this "good" work - but without me as it is at the moment! I don't and won't generalize them but I think that there are many derailments in this and other areas (especially global staffs)...

Besides many of them are just idling, making grimaces or never come online. So please explain me, what the sense is!?

Not just abusing or the need of more and more rights and other advantages? Where will it lead to?

Last edited by firefighter; 12-06-2009 at 06:51 PM..
Old 12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Well from my GDT point of view...

GDT lacks iron fist, assignments, and leadership.

We need actual assignments (as Twinny mentioned even small documentation tasks would be good) assigned to us by the leaders, failure to complete the assignments should result in the individual's removal from GDT.

Until then, we're the same people as before with a global guild tag doing what we feel like, which is fairly obvious.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
iZone Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Well from my GDT point of view...

GDT lacks iron fist, assignments, and leadership.

We need actual assignments (as Twinny mentioned even small documentation tasks would be good) assigned to us by the leaders, failure to complete the assignments should result in the individual's removal from GDT.

Until then, we're the same people as before with a global guild tag doing what we feel like, which is fairly obvious.
Well said, i agree 100% with all of that, especially the leadership reference. I just hope the GDT doesn't concentrate much on lower priority things such as the Website.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Agreed!