Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:09 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Theres also reasons to why theres less people now, for example - who really wants to pay for this monthly? I thought paying for a lifetime was expensive enough, now people have to pay monthly? that just makes people WANT to quit.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
From this then, it's probably fair to assume their vision is far too broad and, with their current resources, they're biting off a bit more than they can chew. I'm going to state the obvious, and I'm sorry if it's really obvious, that the core team should just focus on completing one aspect and idea at a time. They should really define a definitive set of static priorities.

If they had the manpower, they should create a few, small teams to handle specific roles in development rather than having one team jump from one idea to the next.
I think that concept is beyond them.
Its far too logical, hence why I don't think developers should be left alone to develop. They tend to just build, to build. They "enjoy" developing, hence why they do it for free, there's seldom any noble cause beyond that.
Its ideal when they're being told what to develop, how, and having their specific duties listed. Rather than them doing so; freely.

Ex. Tim_Rocks.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
I think that concept is beyond them.
Its far too logical, hence why I don't think developers should be left alone to develop. They tend to just build, to build. They "enjoy" developing, hence why they do it for free, there's seldom any noble cause beyond that.
Its ideal when they're being told what to develop, how, and having their specific duties listed. Rather than them doing so; freely.

Ex. Tim_Rocks.
It's my personal opinion that what needs to be done is specified and prioritised. If the team members just do what they feel is important then that's not really managing a team at all. Though I'm not criticising anybody there since I'm not full aware on the under-the-hood processes of Era development.

The fact that the team is composed of volunteers does not mean it's hard nor wrong to instill a level of structure to the development process either. People volunteer for, say, the British Heart Foundation and it still manages to be an organised, well, organisation.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Agreed.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
farmville items arent tradable
"I'll send you ___ as a gift on Farmville if you give me $___ on Era!"

Doesn't this money problem happen a lot? You guys really need a new system for money
Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
You should also start looking at the bigger picture and figure out how you're going to prevent these type of things from happening in the future. You can't just reset everyone's bank account every time someone glitches money into the server. That's just not fair. There are probably many people who are rich because they worked hard for it, and probably weren't in the loop with this glitched money, and now they are possibly going to lose all their money simply because there is no efficient method to containing glitched money.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Give him a break, he's only 12.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
You should also start looking at the bigger picture and figure out how you're going to prevent these type of things from happening in the future. You can't just reset everyone's bank account every time someone glitches money into the server. That's just not fair. There are probably many people who are rich because they worked hard for it, and probably weren't in the loop with this glitched money, and now they are possibly going to lose all their money simply because there is no efficient method to containing glitched money.
You're right (though we didn't actually reset bank accounts, we just temporarily removed them and restored them the next day). I've been thinking about a good way to keep the economy more balanced. The real problem is that some people have $2m while others have <$100k. It's hard to work your way into the position where you have enough money to really market items right now on Era, and if we're totally honest, we know most people probably don't really deserve their millions.

The most obvious answer is to balance every gun and create gold sinks, but even this isn't usually effective for long. It's going to be important also to not just think about the economy and also think about competition PK-wise. We plan to have an array of leaderboards for gangs/individuals, and I think those will encourage PKing.

I went off topic, though. I hope to restore the business system to the way it was before, but also involve more NPC shops in a way that won't let business owners make a killing from exclusivity or price fixing with other owners. I'll post more about this soon hopefully. Guns being sold in different shops will reduce their rarity, though I'm not really sure if rarity is a big problem. As long as we keep the amount of money to a fair amount, I don't think we will run into the problems we have run into now.

I'm not entirely sure I answered the question, but I think that covers the majority of my plans.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Guns being sold in different shops will reduce their rarity, though I'm not really sure if rarity is a big problem.
Well, honestly I am pretty sure that rarity is a big problem.. at this point, Era's economy revolves around rare items, and I can almost gauruntee you that. If you don't have a rare items, or above 1 million dollars, you have nothing. The only way to really get anything of value IS and always has been for the most part, involving yourself in one of these things:

A.) Working Era's jobs for roughly 500 hours straight than combining your money with other friends money to buy a business.

B.) Try and get a job at someones business, and work.. forever. (Slave labor 4 items anyone?)

C.) Find people who have lots of money/items, and attempt to make friends with them so they will let you have/borrow items.

D.) And last but not least.. the most obvious and used method of getting money, abusing bugs, glitches, so on and so forth.

This really is the reality of Era, which is quite frankly, sad and very unappealing to new comers on Era. But yeah.. 'nuff said.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 AM
hi
Jcs1919 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jcs1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_Shadowbane View Post
Well, honestly I am pretty sure that rarity is a big problem.. at this point, Era's economy revolves around rare items, and I can almost gauruntee you that. If you don't have a rare items, or above 1 million dollars, you have nothing. The only way to really get anything of value IS and always has been for the most part, involving yourself in one of these things:

A.) Working Era's jobs for roughly 500 hours straight than combining your money with other friends money to buy a business.

B.) Try and get a job at someones business, and work.. forever. (Slave labor 4 items anyone?)

C.) Find people who have lots of money/items, and attempt to make friends with them so they will let you have/borrow items.

D.) And last but not least.. the most obvious and used method of getting money, abusing bugs, glitches, so on and so forth.

This really is the reality of Era, which is quite frankly, sad and very unappealing to new comers on Era. But yeah.. 'nuff said.
D looks pretty
Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
I don't know if anybody has said this but this is what is on my mind.

Why not make people "rent" houses? Like I see a lot of houses that haven't been touched because the owner has been offline for like a year.
What im saying is that each month, make them pay a certain fee for the house so that it can still be on their account, if they are late for like maybe a month that will be their first strike, if they get 2 more strikes they will be evicted :P
and their items will be in a locker (just like the same way the Hotel works) and then someone else can rent it. (but they can still sell it i guess.)

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 02-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Clearly the answer is a bailout.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
We don't need rare items or a limited amount of items it's just stupid. We don't come here to spend hours making money we come here to have fun whenever we have nothing else to do.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2006 View Post
We don't need rare items or a limited amount of items it's just stupid. We don't come here to spend hours making money we come here to have fun whenever we have nothing else to do.
This^

I did never really care about what I had, but more about meeting new people or good 'ol pals.

That was Era.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
This^

I did never really care about what I had, but more about meeting new people or good 'ol pals.

That was Era.
Me either. Even when i could afford better guns than i had, i never upgraded. The fun of era is when your with friends messing around