Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Confirmed. Also seems that previously barely visible smoke emitters now have turned pitch black. Same thing happening in OpenGL, but even the fire itself changed behavior there and more or less completely vanished.
Please give server name, level name and script.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Please give server name, level name and script.
Maloria, mal-h06.nw, object_torch.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-04-2010, 10:20 PM
spydrct02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hmmm If it's freezing each 3 seconds then it might be the FILENAMECACHE.txt. If you have installed Graal on an external or very slow hard drive then saving the file name cache can slow down the game. Can you try to open game_config.txt and change this value: cachefilenames=false
The skipping happens every 1 second... it even syncs with my clock ticking. It isn't hard drive usage causing it, it's CPU usage spikes every second it seems. Anyway, I tried the filenamecache to false and it still skips.

Pressing any key also doubles the CPU usage graal uses for me until I let go of it, including movement. This is me on v6 with only me in a level:
slowwwwww*SKIP*slowwwwww*SKIP*slowwwwww*SKIP*sloww www

I'm so tempted to make a video of it, should I?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:29 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
If you have something highlighted in the F2 menu and you try to get something to add to it, it won't unless you unhighlight whatever you had highlighted. o-o hopefully I explained this right. :P
Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrct02 View Post
The skipping happens every 1 second... it even syncs with my clock ticking. It isn't hard drive usage causing it, it's CPU usage spikes every second it seems. Anyway, I tried the filenamecache to false and it still skips.

Pressing any key also doubles the CPU usage graal uses for me until I let go of it, including movement. This is me on v6 with only me in a level:
slowwwwww*SKIP*slowwwwww*SKIP*slowwwwww*SKIP*sloww www

I'm so tempted to make a video of it, should I?
There are a few things which are done one time each second, e.g. removing unused textures from memory and similar things. May be I can make a special verison which is logging how much time those things take.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
There are a few things which are done one time each second, e.g. removing unused textures from memory and similar things. May be I can make a special verison which is logging how much time those things take.
Ok, I'll test it if you make it. But what about the overall slowness? It's both slow and skips for me. Is it maybe just like this for Windows XP? Some other people say it's faster for them, but I think they have Vista or 7.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Graal Administration
Could you post or attach your game_console.log file (from the Graal folder) ?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
I'm getting a weird image where my mouse is when taking videos.

EDIT: OK, here's something new... The client just crashed while I was playing through my server ( In OpeGL, btw)
Attached Files
File Type: zip graal_1286291261.zip (531.7 KB, 388 views)

Last edited by MrOmega; 10-05-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Here it is, and I guess I used opengl mode last.
Attached Files
File Type: zip game_console.zip (2.9 KB, 395 views)
Old 10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Delteria Management
Riot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I never actually described it as a glitch did I?
Also I mentioned it as it isn't consistent with what Tig said:
The statement should be revised, it does not 'ghost' on Vista or 7 when Aero is enabled. By turning Aero off it will still happen, as Window contents are no longer buffered.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrct02 View Post
Here it is, and I guess I used opengl mode last.
Can you also do this without opengl?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Here it is in regular v6
Attached Files
File Type: zip game_console.zip (3.9 KB, 380 views)
Old 10-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
I don't suppose there's any way to install this without uninstalling v5 is there? I'd like to try stuff on my server, but from the sound of it, I dont think it'd cope too well at all with my computer for casual use.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
I don't suppose there's any way to install this without uninstalling v5 is there? I'd like to try stuff on my server, but from the sound of it, I dont think it'd cope too well at all with my computer for casual use.
Just make a copy of the v5 exe and keep it in the Graal folder.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
You could just extract the v6 client to a completely new folder and have it run from there?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Tags
graal v6, windows