FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Logs can't be THAT hard to read can they? Requirements to read them: English + Logic?
Like shiit its not Hex encoded or anything.
It's not hard to learn, that's why the PRA /GPA should take a little bit of time to teach his trainee's the basics...
Old 12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
It's not hard to learn, that's why the PRA /GPA should take a little bit of time to teach his trainee's the basics...

Exactly, instead of idling on top of buildings :o
Old 12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Logs can't be THAT hard to read can they? Requirements to read them: English + Logic?
Like shiit its not Hex encoded or anything.
Reading one log isn't hard. What makes them hard is how poorly they are done in some areas. For example, many of the logs are in different timezones. Furthermore, some things don't even report logs. So it may look like a player spawned a ton of stuff when they really didn't. I still mistakes (just ask moondeath). It takes a lot of "thinking outside the box" to match information together. For people like myself, this can be fun, trying to solving what seems impossible.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Reading one log isn't hard. What makes them hard is how poorly they are done in some areas. For example, many of the logs are in different timezones. Furthermore, some things don't even report logs. So it may look like a player spawned a ton of stuff when they really didn't. I still mistakes (just ask moondeath). It takes a lot of "thinking outside the box" to match information together. For people like myself, this can be fun, trying to solving what seems impossible.
Logs are created by scripts, it would be simply editing the script to fix the time zone issue..
Also, for what needs logs, create them?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:41 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
For example, many of the logs are in different timezones.
Since most (all?) of them are being created using savelogs2(), this isn't even possible.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Since most (all?) of them are being created using savelogs2(), this isn't even possible.
Then explain to me why the log times don't match up bro. In this example, the logs are only off by 33 minutes. Sometimes they are off by a day. (Or the issue arises close to midnight, and thus when searching for a specific log, the day might be wrong).

Quote:
Time: Sat Apr 30 20:13:46 2011
items: "Tommy Gun", from ducklegion to papajchris

Time: Saturday Apr 30 2011 @ 08:43:02 PM
items: "Tommy Gun", from ducklegion to papajchris

Time: Saturday Apr 30 2011 @ 08:43:02 PM
+Added Item Tommy Gun x 1 in era_duel-newmain.nw 37 11
And let's not even get started with logs that sometimes don't even show up. I've been looking at logs since 2009(?) on Era, I have no need to lie.

Quote:
Logs are created by scripts, it would be simply editing the script to fix the time zone issue..
Also, for what needs logs, create them?
I agree!

Last edited by papajchris; 12-12-2011 at 12:20 AM..
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Aren't the Logtimes the same like the Server Time though? Just wondering now.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Zeus Condero
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Aren't the Logtimes the same like the Server Time though? Just wondering now.
At 5:26 PM Est Time, 23:25 Servertime, It said this when i picked up an item I dropped to test the timing:

Quote:
Time: Sunday Dec 11 2011 @ 11:54:38 PM
papajchris took item: Rocks x 1 (papajchris) in era_grc-c.nw on (27,24)
However, the general log did show servertime:

Quote:
Time: Sun Dec 11 23:25:21 2011
papajchris laid item: Rocks x 1 in era_grc-c.nw on (27, 24)
*Notice it says "Laid" item and not "took?" For whatever reason the, the "took" log wasn't recorded.

So maybe someone can enlighten us on what time that is following.

So in this example I have to deal with 3 different times. Mine, the servertime, and whatever random time the logs choose to be in.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Those are different logs, then. Logs generated using savelogs2() only use one format for timestamps. Since one log has the name of the day written out, though, and the other one has it shortened, one of them was not generated with savelogs2().
Old 12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Zeus Condero
Quote:
Those are different logs, then. Logs generated using savelogs2() only use one format for timestamps. Since one log has the name of the day written out, though, and the other one has it shortened, one of them was not generated with savelogs2().
I shall investigate then
Old 12-12-2011, 12:48 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I shall investigate then
Some logs are using custom logging functions I added a while back. We did this so that we could have them auto-rename themselves when they reached a certain size. iirc it's only for player-specific logs, not for big ones. The ones in logs/ are all using the standard format. The new ones are in players/ or something like that.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Well still you should let everyone apply. Even the ones who doesnt know how to read logs. Then you just teach them in one hour. I mean I saw the line from Zeus and could understand it in seconds....So whats the prob?
Good luck for everyone applying.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Zeus Condero
Quote:
Well still you should let everyone apply. Even the ones who doesnt know how to read logs. Then you just teach them in one hour. I mean I saw the line from Zeus and could understand it in seconds....So whats the prob?
Good luck for everyone applying.
If your interested in a practice test that I made last year, check it out here.

I can't remember the answer to the question, but you are welcome to try it out and send me what you think is the answer. I'll get back to you later and check over your answer.

Note to all: Obviously I am not the one hiring the PR's, so don't go to the link I just posted, using that application.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
I think the question was that someone scammed an Ap0, find the scammer and where it went, as well as all the items traded for it, each item had to be tracked in order to personally reverse them, if it was to complex just reset everyone's trades back to the same date(lol)
Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
God-Emperor of Era
cheesemanfred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Omg...You are PR Admin thats ur Job to teach new PRs stuff to do. I mean how long it could take to show someone how to read logs? 10-20 min?
When you are lazy you should quit ur Job and let someone else handle it. Seriously. Give everybody the same chance.
Quote:
You're PR Admin? And I thought Era had bad staff members before. I would totally fire you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You shouldn't be PR Admin if you believe training your staff is a waste of time.
Come onto Era and see how I handle things and I think you'll probably change your minds. And if not, then you're wrong.

Also, applications are currently closed! Thank you to all who applied. I will be reading the applications blind (I won't read the names on the applications), and then I'll obviously do the checks to see if you have a terrible history, etc. I'll announce the new PRs (if any of you are good enough ) sometime this week!

Thanks again.