Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wondering what's N-Pulse actually about?
I mean ive seen 3 good classic playerworlds and 2 Gold playerworlds and maybe even the Skill Games.
UN
Zodiac
Era

All three are different

N-Pulse - No Idea what this is?< Anybody else feel this way?
Delteria - Same as N-Pulse

GK - Alot like zodiac (GK's obv better)
Zone - A (as far as i can tell) one of a kind futuristic server that is laid out in this way.

But N-Pulse & Delt are as far as i can see useless.
5 Players max that ive seen in the past month.
and im fairly sure they are Staff members.
You guys bad mouth servers like Graal Ghetto etc etc.
But there gold and there getting as many players as Era and Zodiac (Mostly Era because of GG, Utopia, Graal X)! If Era was on Hosted for a week it would hardly have ANY players that are not trials, and in my opinion hardly any players at all.
If they'd swap GG and Era for a week, GG would have around 80 players on, where Era would have the same playercount as Delteria/N-Pulse.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Their has always been UTC and TTUTC tournies on N-Pulse, just open up your eyes and see. Who said the only quests on Graal should be for shield/sword/hearts? There is more than just that to quests dude.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Coldest Ice
The_Ice_Cold is on a distinguished road
The real question is what are the requirements for a server to go gold...
Old 10-22-2009, 12:01 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ice_Cold View Post
That's pretty much impossible I think, Stefan wouldn't allow it.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ice_Cold View Post
That would be shooting yourself in the foot. The only servers that have been put on gold are the ones Stefan has worked on.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Wow, no-one cares about the damn activity of a forum community when judging a servers activity. Look at the activity Classic had on these very forums when the server was still struggling to stay afloat. We had 20+ page threads about things, the discussion was thriving, but the server was still dead.

N-Pulse, the current server online, is just dead. There is no denying that. There may be potential in the N-Pulse Rebirth project or w/e the name is being developed currently, but that has no bearing on the status of the current server. Right now it is just another failure on the serverlist dominated by 3 servers. Trying to argue that the live server is developing as well is fruitless, N-Pulse hasn't gone anywhere in the past few years but down, and a couple updates on a live server isn't going to cut it for a dying server. All of your efforts should be concentrated on the Rebirth project anyway. Time is of the essence in this game to be successful now since the state of the game isn't exactly improving. If you rest your laurels and keep delaying things, there won't be much of an audience left to appreciate the release.
Bite the bullet now that the current live server is 6 feet under, just like we have accepted for Classic and work on the important task at hand. Do you honestly think having a dying server on the list now is beneficial to the game as a whole now?
No. One of the main aspects of having fun in this game is interacting and having fun with the rest of a robust and entertaining community. Servers on the bottom of the list that can't even push 20 players regularly do NOT provide this at all, which makes whatever rich content or memorable events on that server pretty lackluster. Community is the name of this game, it always has been, and servers beyond Era, UN, and Zodiac simply do not provide this aspect to the required degree.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
Wow, no-one cares about the damn activity of a forum community when judging a servers activity. Look at the activity Classic had on these very forums when the server was still struggling to stay afloat. We had 20+ page threads about things, the discussion was thriving, but the server was still dead.

N-Pulse, the current server online, is just dead. There is no denying that. There may be potential in the N-Pulse Rebirth project or w/e the name is being developed currently, but that has no bearing on the status of the current server. Right now it is just another failure on the serverlist dominated by 3 servers. Trying to argue that the live server is developing as well is fruitless, N-Pulse hasn't gone anywhere in the past few years but down, and a couple updates on a live server isn't going to cut it for a dying server. All of your efforts should be concentrated on the Rebirth project anyway. Time is of the essence in this game to be successful now since the state of the game isn't exactly improving. If you rest your laurels and keep delaying things, there won't be much of an audience left to appreciate the release.
Bite the bullet now that the current live server is 6 feet under, just like we have accepted for Classic and work on the important task at hand. Do you honestly think having a dying server on the list now is beneficial to the game as a whole now?
No. One of the main aspects of having fun in this game is interacting and having fun with the rest of a robust and entertaining community. Servers on the bottom of the list that can't even push 20 players regularly do NOT provide this at all, which makes whatever rich content or memorable events on that server pretty lackluster. Community is the name of this game, it always has been, and servers beyond Era, UN, and Zodiac simply do not provide this aspect to the required degree.
exactly, and the history of the server shouldn't have a bearing either. it might insult you that your home server will be put offline, but your home server is dead
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
It was my home server, after servers came out. Doesn't bother me that it's dead, because it is.
I also think it stupid to keep players as staff and host events for ~30 people max. Most people for the UTC and TTUTC are from OTHER SERVERS, and just log on N-Pulse for those events alone, and don't get back on until those events happen again. I for one would love to see servers in dev get off the classic tab once and for all. If they stay, then there should be ALOT more servers in the classic tab at this point, because they are already more fun and have more content.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I don't know any servers that have a succesfull forum with any where close to 207 players registered.
Maloria.com, 1,043 registered members and still climbing.

I haven't posted for a while, but I just had to reply to that.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Maloria.com, 1,043 registered members and still climbing.

I haven't posted for a while, but I just had to reply to that.
Activity = ?
Old 10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Activity = ?
player population on the server, and time spent at high levels of population (i.e. 20 players for 19 hours a day, and 60 players for 5 hours a day isn't as active as 50 players for 20 hours a day, and 20 players for 4 hours a day)