Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Lets be frank.

You don't have to read this if you don't wish.

Graal, starting in 1998, has had an assortment of servers ranging from all types of genres. We have seen futuristic, modern, RPG, mid-evil, and our own definition of classic. Each server has brought us great memories whether as we were growing up, or just enjoying the experience as an adult. Yet, there is one thing we all can say, Graal was and for some of us, still is one of the highlights in our lives.

Today, the servers we experienced those cherished memories on are a shadow of their former selves. New faces, new directions, and different feels are all new attributes we have noticed about our slowly fading game. So the problem I have and I am sure a lot of us have, is the fact that we try to resurrect past servers, Delteria, N-Pulse, Maloria, Classic, G2k1, and a myriad of others. We don't actually aspire to create a new server but to bring back the memories we once had.

We need to realize that just because an old server is rejuvenated with new content, does not mean it will be the same as it once was. The new players, personalities, and different concepts ultimately alter the server and definitely changes the feel. The truth is, we can never go back to that state of tranquility that our memories remind us of. We need to stop trying to live in the past, and move into the future. Enough with trying to fix broken and desolate servers, use your creativity and develop a server that has not been seen, do what most people can't do today.

Sure, as long as you bring back an old server players will come. They will be there not for the new content, but for the nostalgia. After a few days they realize how terrible the server actually was, it wasn't the actual server that made it so great it was the community. Today, communities can still be developed but we need a new place to put them. We don't want these servers that have been used and abused and remade five times. We want developers to step up to the plate and make something new.

If that doesn't happen, we can all say we enjoyed our history with this game. Unfortunately iPhone servers seem to be the new direction, the sense of community will soon be gone, and replaced with a popularity contest. Or take this analogy, Graal PC is much like your 5th grade class, you practically know everyone there are few that are shy and you don't know but you aren't overwhelmed with people. Take iPhone servers as a decently big high school with thousands of players, there is really no way of even being tight with you whole class. I am just writing this to say things that have been said before, and will be said again. Its nothing new, but I just feel like wasting 10 minutes. Thanks
Old 02-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
You're right, but this is somewhat common knowledge among most of those that have been developing on the servers you have listed, so I don't see how this is relevant.
I don't think anybody is attempting to remake a server for purely nostalgic reasons, it has more to do with these servers already providing a platform, and so long as there's a plan and fresh ideas there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:36 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
hello i am frank
Old 02-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
hello i am frank
Old 02-21-2011, 02:56 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
hi i am frank, and i am an alcoholic.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:21 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
hi i am frank, and i am an alcoholic.

Hiiiiii Frank.

Also unknown, congratulations on having a thought. Lot's of people have them, and I'm sorry to say you're simply restating something everyone knows and has an opinion about (it's actually been done debated in more intelligent threads than this one)
Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Guess I'll work on that server I've been designing some more.

I hope to do y'all proud!

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
itt duh
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
frankly
Old 02-21-2011, 08:25 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
anne frank, frank zappa, frankenstein...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute

someone pos rep this man
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
done.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
hey crono look u have a fan club lolz, thanks for the attempt whoever left me this!! good effort
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rep.png
Views:	147
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	52482  
Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownsoldier View Post

yet, there is one thing we all can say, graal was and for some of us, still is one of the highlights in our lives.
do not want to admit
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 PM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
I am Frank too. Hi, other Franks!!