FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Banned
Knight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Knight
Truth about UN

I know that Darlene is going to lock or delete this thread because she has no idea what she's doing.

But I think for the sake of defending Carlito, this needs to be said.

As we all know, UN's staff team was completely erased. A lot of people are spreading a false narrative that Carlito erased it out of some "grudge" against UN. What people don't know is that Carlito helped UN on several occasions, even to the point where he spent a night re-scripting its bank system when it broke. He's helped the server in other ways since he's become PWA.

All he ever asked was that UN follow the rules. As much as I'd like to list all of the rules UN staff have broken, I'll focus on what happened that caused Carlito to erase its staff list.

(I will say that UN has broken Graal's rules in such ugly ways that even Xor ended up being directly involved in the situation lol)

The very dangerous player, HIM (Gold1) was banned by Carlito for stealing $100 USD from another player on the server. He's also a known associate of Ramza, having aided and encouraged Ramza to harass people, DDoS them, and even hack their computers.

So a few months later, Carlito logs on UN to inform its staff that the server isn't getting back on the playerlist. The first thing he sees when he's online is that his ban was overturned by a staff member, and HIM was online. He was even given his items back after being reset.

Fuza begins disrespecting Carlito and mocking him. She ends up telling him that she didn't "approve" of gash (a regular GP) unbanning HIM, but she let it slide.

Here is an excerpt from the RC Chat that day:
"you should have contacted US" - Carlito
"I don't know how to contact you." - Fuza
"[email protected] like forever" - Carlito

So once again, a Manager oversees the overturn of a global decision on Unholy Nation. And once again, they openly disrespect Carlito (see: whole RC chat).

She even alludes that she doesn't see why it's a big deal since Carlito wasn't coming on UN. I mean, think logically..... UN may be off the server list and generally outside of global attention... But it still had an active community. A community that HIM was evidently a threat to. Why let him back, in any instance?

So I'd encourage anyone reading this objectively to stop blaming Carlito and theorizing that he had some huge grudge against UN and irrationally sabotaged it.

When you actually read the RC chat from that day, and consider UN's lengthy history of "sticking it to globals!", it's no wonder this happened. That server just isn't worth the headache.

If this thread doesn't get deleted by the time I get off work, I'll find the RC chat from that day. It was leaked by an ex-staff member.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
!
Old 04-30-2016, 06:37 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
completely off topic question with no relevance

if disrespect is warranted, wouldn't the target of said disrespect be to blame?

seriously. nothing to do with this situation
Old 04-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
UN had about 30-35 players consistently during peak hours, and those player no longer log on Graal due to UN being essentially no existant. Gg.

I no longer log on either. Graal continues to die.

The logic still doesn't make sense, and honestly most people don't give a crap about HIM being banned
Old 04-30-2016, 10:12 PM
Banned
"The logic still doesn't make sense"

Only if you're biased. It makes perfect sense to want someone who commits felonies, and aids in the commission of felonies, against a community to be away from the community.

When Carlito came on, he didn't even immediately begin to erase the staff. He only started changing people's rights around. But Fuza and Josh Devious began bickering at him, and he finally just kind of said "screw it, time to finally end this". Can't even blame the guy, either. He's had to deal with a LOT from UN.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
If Carlito posted on the forum topic that was originally made about this subject and said something similar to what you are saying here, I still would have disagreed with the decision (really could use the ability for the server to make ETs!) but I would have respected it. Instead, he deleted the thread, deleted other related posts/threads, and has yet to give any official reason as to why the decision was made.

That isn't how an administrator should act.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:32 AM
Banned
Yeah, I agree. Carlito could take a little more care with maintaining a better 'PR" image.

Strangely enough, he DID mass this. I suppose it was because of the immediate heat he was getting from Fuza's lies about him (she even tried telling people that he was the person that HIM USD scammed... lol..).

Opposite (Sun Apr 24 18:22:51 2016):

Mass message:
I'll explain a few reasons here.

I don't want to argue about it or be a jerk about it and I'm being striaght truthful.

UN Was giving multile chances stemming back when Wynde was manager of UN. The managers and previous staff always allowed globally banned players play on the server even if it ment that UN would be removed. After us saying alright this is UNs last chance, this is UNs last chance. Finally we decided to remove it. After we removed it we was begged to allow ph8 to run UN. We said alright fine, this is UNs LAST chance again. Finally when UN was hacked again and ph8 resigned we decided alright this WAS UNs last chance.
So instead of removing UN completely, we would remove all the staff that keep breaking our rules and allow the oldbies to atleast still be able to log on there home server. After logging back in we seen YET again our decision was blinded and again a player that was banned by us for Scamming other UN players VIA paypal, was unbanned. So we said alright time to just remove the staff since obviously they don't care about UN.

---
Old 05-01-2016, 05:03 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Just a thought, but shouldn't players who are scamming in this manner or are considered as a threat to the community be globally banned? At least then you wouldn't have the worry of server staff undoing a local ban.

Or perhaps the system could be amended so that if a local ban is committed by a global staff member, it cannot be undone by a local staff member.
Closed Thread