Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum > Zodiac Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:45 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Priests

So I made a full priest character and I knew going into it I was going to solely be a support character however I have on problem. I'm almost level 60 and am coming to the final spells and have realized how absolutely underpowered the class is. Energy Freeze is about useless when if correctly made could be a great skill. Both exorcism skills are terrible and the delay time is absurd. Are priests really supposed to be this bad?

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 04-08-2010, 04:13 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Zodiac's classes are based on a flavor of the month. If the powers that be like dark knights, then new scythes and powers get released. If they like assassins, then they get OP'd out the ass. When they decide thieves are cooler, they become better physical fighters than the 'sins.

Just wait for them to decide priests are cool. Seeing as there's no jrpg with priests taking a cool role, or no anime with healers getting the cat-eared girl, I don't expect anyone on Zodiac to acknowledge priests' existence.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Rat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Zodiac's classes are based on a flavor of the month. If the powers that be like dark knights, then new scythes and powers get released. If they like assassins, then they get OP'd out the ass. When they decide thieves are cooler, they become better physical fighters than the 'sins.

Just wait for them to decide priests are cool. Seeing as there's no jrpg with priests taking a cool role, or no anime with healers getting the cat-eared girl, I don't expect anyone on Zodiac to acknowledge priests' existence.
We totally suck right now. I try to use the energy freeze merely to get away from pkers but the cast time is like 3 seconds, it lasts for about a second, and then the recharge time is like 20 seconds...absurd.

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 04:56 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty sure I reset my priest for a druid, which serves the same purpose, only with actually useful offense abilities.

Lame really
Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
you wont ever be good on zodiac until you get good items + cmps

just the way it is there.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Rat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
you wont ever be good on zodiac until you get good items + cmps

just the way it is there.
I dont even know what cmps are. Oh well, guess I'll stick around on UN for good then.

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I dont even know what cmps are. Oh well, guess I'll stick around on UN for good then.
meh, zodiac isnt so bad but i got bored of how item/build dependent it is as opposed to skill. it's an ok server.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:27 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Preparations are being made for another giant class update similar to the one I did a summer or two ago, and this is one of the classes that I wouldn't mind adding some more offensive power into.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Preparations are being made for another giant class update similar to the one I did a summer or two ago, and this is one of the classes that I wouldn't mind adding some more offensive power into.
awesum.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:15 AM
lag_PKer can only hope to improve
Priests on Zodiac aren't meant to be PKers.
The few that do PK are already bad enough as it is:
Exorcise -> Fireball a bunch -> Energy Freeze (far from useless) -> Major heal -> Rinse and repeat -> They win.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Rat...
we dont get fireball unless you put points into another class bud. Excorcise 2 is decent. And no, I'm not trying to be a pker im trying to be useful without watching other classes being able to solo without the need of a priest for buffs and heals...its just stupid.

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I suggest you get more creative with your class build, going completely pure into one class isn't encouraged. If you haven't played before you should still have at least 3 class resets to try different builds.

Due to a recent DK un-nerf, I'm currently waiting for someone to make a DK Hybrid that doesn't involve additional mage or ninja levels.

You can view skill lists, and the classes here: http://public.zodiacdev.com/index.php?title=Classes

Skill lists may be out of date (Warrior and Assassin for sure), so it's best to check the actual class trainer for a class before committing to a build.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Rat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I suggest you get more creative with your class build, going completely pure into one class isn't encouraged. If you haven't played before you should still have at least 3 class resets to try different builds.

Due to a recent DK un-nerf, I'm currently waiting for someone to make a DK Hybrid that doesn't involve additional mage or ninja levels.

You can view skill lists, and the classes here: http://public.zodiacdev.com/index.php?title=Classes

Skill lists may be out of date (Warrior and Assassin for sure), so it's best to check the actual class trainer for a class before committing to a build.
there should be bonuses for pure classes as in other games. A pure priest is tough as hell to achieve and I'm pretty proud of myself for it. Sure, I'll never solo and I'm fine with that. Maybe Zodiac needs to encourage more kingdom wars so that priest can become a factor with buffs/party heals/etc. Its stupid if you HAVE to become a hybrid.

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 07:12 AM
i dunno they say pure builds arent encouraged but there are skills that scale with how high of a level you are in a particular class so i dunno u_u. i wouldnt go 60 priest though.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Rat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
i dunno they say pure builds arent encouraged but there are skills that scale with how high of a level you are in a particular class so i dunno u_u. i wouldnt go 60 priest though.
I feel as though going 60 priest deserves some sort of reward...other mmos do it.

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote: