Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you play this server?
Yes 1 2.78%
No 30 83.33%
Maybe 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Default blue GUI stuff doesn't make this look any good.
Ditto. It would have looked way nicer if the default GUI bitmap didn't catch my eye first.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:27 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Thanks everyone for your input. I guess i'll just retire Atrius.. Even though it's hard as hell to build a server and it has gotten so far.. But then again, I see alot of you reading this and hardly any of you play client? Atleast I don't see you on.

Anyways, I plan on merging systems and content on Era from Atrius so we can conjoin forces and get the best of both worlds. Like the one guy mentioned, there's not enough room for another modern server, let alone any classic server :[ playercount needs to go up.

Thanks for your input.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 11-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Old 11-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Personally, I think the part about there being no more room for classic servers and modern servers is 100% right, which is why I believe we need to really try moving onto different forms of servers.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Personally, I think the part about there being no more room for classic servers and modern servers is 100% right, which is why I believe we need to really try moving onto different forms of servers.
Let's say you and I decide to open a specialized widget shop. We sell widgets in a large variety of colors - to suit nearly any preference.

Regardless of our widget selection there will be only so many customers... which we will have effectively spread across the entire range of colors. Let's say there's 50 colors and 500 customers. On average we would expect each color to have 10 regular customers.

However, that's not the reality of color preference. There will be a huge majority which prefer red, then another percentage of our customer base will want black. Smaller still, some will want white. But ultimately, the majority of our colors will go ignored.

What I'm saying here is that we don't need a wide spectrum of server styles. In fact, it's my belief that we need fewer player worlds at this point to focus the creative talent left in the community.

A few good servers with a great deal of creative talent will regularly produce high quality content... which is just fun to play. TheJames' plan to merge content with Era is very promising. Era is a pretty good concept but the quality of the material has been poor from day one. Zodiac is another good example - their concept is great but the demand for content often cannot be met with quality material (visually).
Old 11-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
No, make your own server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
wud u plai dis? wip spots
God, yes.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
TheJames' plan to merge content with Era is very promising. Era is a pretty good concept but the quality of the material has been poor from day one.
Thank you for your support Stephen.. I figured since there is such a low player count I might as well put all of my work of over 4 years into a server like Era instead of competing. I'm grateful working for Era finally so we can work together and improve Era to it's fullest potential.. It's going to be a really awesome server when completed. Era Dev is looking beautiful. I'm excited for everyone to see it :]

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 12-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
God, yes.
Yeah

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Keep that Atrius garbage off Era, thank you very much.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Keep that Era garbage off Graal, thank you very much.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
It's a decent start. And yes, I know you've been working on it for a while, but I think some things would need to be seriously improved if you think it might be worthwhile to continue it. I am not so negative as to say you should quit, but it might not hurt to take it in a new direction that won't require you to scrap everything.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
It's a decent start. And yes, I know you've been working on it for a while, but I think some things would need to be seriously improved if you think it might be worthwhile to continue it. I am not so negative as to say you should quit, but it might not hurt to take it in a new direction that won't require you to scrap everything.
I'm not really sure there's many different directions with a shooter server. I can't think of any, can you think of some? Maybe some great NPC AI would give the server an edge but beyond that I'm at a loss.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like the same old Atrius.
By same old, I mean the last 6 times.

Sure at one point, Atrius was a contending server, but I think you've beat the dead horse enough.
And if I see any of those grotesque custom bodies on Era, I will murder you.

As far as gun servers go, I liked how SoG and Sage's Zombie server broke the mold. Too bad they didn't stick around or get completed. But I don't know what much else you can do with Guns that hasn't been done yet (Zone, Era, Ol'West, SoG, Necro).
Old 12-03-2011, 04:47 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
As far as gun servers go, I liked how SoG and Sage's Zombie server broke the mold. Too bad they didn't stick around or get completed. But I don't know what much else you can do with Guns that hasn't been done yet (Zone, Era, Ol'West, SoG, Necro).
What are you on about? SoG was nothing original, it was basically Zone in a WW2 environment. Hell, the people behind it were cute little Zone nooblets iirc.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
What are you on about? SoG was nothing original, it was basically Zone in a WW2 environment. Hell, the people behind it were cute little Zone nooblets iirc.
;_; SoG was more fast paced and even a bit more stragetic with the crowded/small maps. Reminds me more of CoD or TF2 rather than how zone reminds me of battlefield.