Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBob View Post
Flame me if you wish :P, but honestly as bad as this looks, I'm sure Gabriel had a reason for doing this. Through the time I've worked with him on Era, sure he's done things that I didn't agree with, but he's always had good intentions for doing so. More often than not, his decisions have helped the success of the server in the long run. In this case there is obviously something more going on than what you guys are seeing.
Saving this quote for later use.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Flame me if you wish :P, but honestly as bad as this looks, I'm sure Gabriel had a reason for doing this. Through the time I've worked with him on Era, sure he's done things that I didn't agree with, but he's always had good intentions for doing so. More often than not, his decisions have helped the success of the server in the long run. In this case there is obviously something more going on than what you guys are seeing.
If that's true, then why hasn't he given us all of the information? He's just damaging the PWA's reputation even more so.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
If that's true, then why hasn't he given us all of the information? He's just damaging the PWA's reputation even more so.
Obviously because that information is confidential between the PWA's and the people involved.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Obviously because that information is confidential between the PWA's and the people involved.
I don't see how it could be confidential. As far as we can see, there's been an unjust removal of a perfectly good manager from Graal's most successful RPG server.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
Quote:

considering it's affecting a whole server, it's just a bunch of bullshit they got rid of him just because of triple she's basically talking **** as it is.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Another hit to the development community.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about

Will prove true time and time again.

Agenda: To better Graal and provide as much of a positive effect on the forward development of servers as possible.
Hidden Agenda: To cater to my personal feelings towards people and servers.

Chomp.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
There was zero discussion with Jerret about his removal. Is that information confidential between just the PWA elite then? I emailed Sinkler and the others only to get a canned non-reply to my queries, others have got the same. It feels like they aren't even trying.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 PM
King of the Ice Box
Eskimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
They aren't even trying.
fixed it for you pal
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Hmm, were you forced to post this? Blink twice for yes, don't worry, they can't hurt you. I know there has been a history with Gabriel and controlling Era staff members.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT

Last edited by Dragon551; 08-07-2012 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: AGT!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
Hmm, were you forced to post this? Blink twice for yes, don't worry, they can't hurt you. I know there has been a history with Gabriel and controlling Era staff members.
I'm blinking on behalf of Zach!(MonkeyBob), who has gone into witness protection.

*blink**blink*
Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Then perhaps he should share this reason with us instead of just blocking the community out, especially when Fp4 himself has denied there being a major reason.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Knightress is on a distinguished road
Typical...
Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Dionne Førever
DeathOfRa is on a distinguished road
Look! The man at work, putting us down. Sinkler deleting messages in the fray, which was the obvious reason! Who got a peek at the true scoop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
The voices in my head like to bicker with each other.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
It was not an easy decision to remove Jerret. There's no denying that he is, in some limited sense, an asset to the community. However, it was a decision that we reached (unanimously, I might add) after discussing it for months.

The decision about his removal was not over one issue (like this triple_combo stuff). It was over a series of issues over an extended period of time. Fowlplay4's public behavior has been increasingly poor over the years, especially in the last year. Need I also remind you that he has been permanently banned from the official GraalOnline forums for repeated poor behavior (this was before his removal)? We have history of him asking people sexually charged, highly inappropriate questions in public, we've seen a degree of harassment from him, and on top of this, we asked him to stop multiple times.

In fact, I remember back on March 4th (yes, that's nearly half a year ago), warning Jerret that if he cannot improve his behavior, especially on the official forums, we do not want him staying in his position. In fact, I said these words to him exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig
You're the manager of a major server on Graal, and as such, you're expected to behave in a certain way in the public light.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig
I expect this kind of public behavior to stop immediately.
He agreed to stop, and then continued misbehaving. Posting things on the forums like "I'm pretty hard right now" and "hey bayne vvat does thor's loads taste like?"

We warned him again by banning him from the forums for 31 days. He returned to the forums starting threads like "MD is garbage" (taking shots at MysticalDragon on Delteria) saying things like
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4
also so is galdor, he's mega garbage.
and posting things in other un-related topics like "hey galdor wat do my nutz taste like *****" (these are direct quotes).

And many of you have brought up triple_combo (who is in no way at fault here), where Gabriel asked Zodiac for proper proof for having banned him/her. Gabriel was only doing his job -- something he would've done for any of you -- by making sure Zodiac had full indisputable evidence to be banning someone for life. They did not have proper proof, so Gabriel removed the ban and in order to spite Gabriel, fowlplay4's administration placed a trade restriction on triple_combo, essentially rendering the game unplayable. This is unacceptable to do to paying customers for essentially no reason. Gabriel approached me about the situation and then proceeded to ask fowlplay4 to remove the trade restriction if he/she was not suspected of actively breaking any rules. Fowlplay4 removed the trade restriction, but decided to reset triple_combo as a retaliatory response to Gabriel's persistence. Quite frankly, I don't care if you're the king of the world, we do not accept this kind of behavior from managers. We saw bias coming from fowlplay4's administration not only in this sense but in others as well.

Let me reassure anyone who is in doubt that this was NOT an impulsive decision. It was well thought-out, planned, and long talked about among the PWA. Triple_combo is only the tip of the iceberg as to why Fowlplay4 was removed, and he/she is certainly not the primary reasoning. Jerret had plenty of warning, plenty of chances to improve, and plenty of opportunity. I know none of you ever claimed to know the whole story, but please keep in mind that there is always more to the story than what you can see. Obviously I do not want to discuss Fowlplay4's entire rap sheet because I find it disrespectful to do so, but he is in no way some angel that you all have painted him to be.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 08-07-2012 at 11:53 PM..
Closed Thread